Author Topic: homemade atv cabs  (Read 4012 times)

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
homemade atv cabs
« on: Nov 07, 2016, 11:42 AM »
I am looking for details on making a enclosed cab for my Polaris sportsman for hardwater trolling. I know there are ones that you can buy but I would like to make my own. Since I am new to this site this topic has probably been hashed over and over and over again. With that would anyone be willing to share some ideas with an advent ice fisherman.

Offline windmill

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: homemade atv cabs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2016, 08:06 AM »
I am considering adding a cab too, on my Polaris. I tried searching for plans online, but couldn't come up with any. Best bet is to review home made ATV cabs on YouTube, and then go from there. There is one made out of square aluminum welded stock, and the guy did an outstanding job. Some were made out of wood, might make it too heavy. Sure looks like a good way to travel in cold weather to me.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Just a thought here.....but, I wonder if any of the ATV forums would have the info you're seeking? May be worth a look if you haven't checked them already.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2016, 10:57 AM »
I'm on the Polaris ATV Forum and there's nothing.

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2016, 11:26 AM »
I don't have a pic but one of the riders in a utv club I belong to used clear mylar to enclose his cab (Maverick turbo) last winter on our yearly winter ride.  He used velcro and zip ties and I was pretty impressed with the way it turned out.  The heat from the engine kept it so warm he rode without wearing his outer coat.
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2016, 11:43 AM »
There is a guy on YouTube from Canada that made one of the best homemade cabs I have seen on the Internet, all aluminum frame. He basically used cardboard to make a stencil to be able to make a frame around the fenders but the problem is he only has a video and no pictures which would be much more helpful to use as a reference.

Offline Chris00WJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Princess Auto in Canada sells ATV cabs dirt cheap on sale sometimes.  I'm not too sure if its a regularly stocked item or not.

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2016, 10:28 PM »
I was trying to get a golf cart top,mcgiver something over the bike.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2016, 10:34 PM »
I was trying to get a golf cart top,mcgiver something over the bike.

T-REX tape may be your best friend for doing that.     :woot: :roflmao: :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.