Author Topic: Is there a snowmobile that can carry 3 people?  (Read 3576 times)

Offline brohymn2

• IceShanty Rookie
Is there a snowmobile that can carry 3 people?
« on: Oct 21, 2016, 10:07 AM »
More like 2 adults and a kid.  Was kinda looking at the scandic.  It would 100% be used for ice fishing.

Thanks

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Is there a snowmobile that can carry 3 people?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2016, 12:38 PM »
There are some out there that would fit 3 people but they are not manufactured to carry 3... I would call your local DNR because some states have strict regulations on going above manufacturers capacity...Even on the water..

luv2fish2

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2016, 02:00 PM »
yeah arctic cat  bearcat used to have a three up seat as an option so did older ski doo gtx's ck years on which did i don't yammie or polaris did and it manufacturer's so it was legal i'd think they wouldn't be large people but ck it out

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2016, 03:26 PM »
as far as I know the Arctic Cat Bear Cat still offers the 3 up optional seat. the thing about the Bear Cats thou is you will want one of the middle of the road models of it. the base model might not have the rail system for the third seat option. I know the middle model and above in the bear cat line up have the rail system for the third seat and other options that can be added on and off as needed. be prepared to drop a minimum of $10,000 if you go new and finding used Bear Cats at times can be hard to find and if you do the price is so close to new that you are better off going new. I would like to get one my self but for the cost I am leaning towards a two up ATV instead. time will tell what I end up with. ultimately would like to have both. one thing I forgot to add is that the Bear Cat comes in either 2 stroke or 4 stroke models. the 4 strokes get you into the $13,000 to $15,000 range.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.