Author Topic: Prepping sleds and ATV pre season tips.  (Read 1088 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Prepping sleds and ATV pre season tips.
« on: Oct 06, 2016, 09:19 PM »
Wanted to start a thread and pry some information out of you experts on getting things ready for ice. I have a 2004 Honda rubicon that does pretty well for me and has for a couple of seasons now. Just picked up a 2003 Polaris wide track at the end of last season and am wanting to be prepared before I hit the ice with it. I have a spare belt, plugs and starting fluid so far. Please share some sound advice to a fellow fishing nut that is feeling a bit timid trusting myself getting out of a pinch if something went wrong. I have not been around sleds much at all. Thanks!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: Prepping sleds and ATV pre season tips.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2016, 09:40 AM »
I do a full round of fluid checks and changes, but on top of that check.....

1) handle bar warmers
2) Winch functionality/winch rope condition
3) My emergency kit is full with bandages etc, tow straps stored, my hole come along is stored, capacitor quick start is charged
4) I re-torque all the nuts/bolts on the tracks

luv2fish2

« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2016, 09:43 AM »
every year i do my chaincase oil , a set of plugs  and blow out the clutches , ck track studs and tension and all bearings on axles and idlers . belt and carbides ck and done as needed  ;)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2016, 09:47 AM »
My atv basically sits all off season, other than pulling it out of the garage 3-4x to move it for my boat trailer. I guess it's not a bad idea to maybe take it for a 30 minute run before the snow flys.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2016, 04:26 PM »
 Thanks for the replies gentleman. I got my sled running this morning. Fuel pump was not working. Probably due to that darn corn gas!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.