Author Topic: off topic...light bars on pickups  (Read 1649 times)

Offline feklar

• Team IceShanty Regular
off topic...light bars on pickups
« on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:09 PM »
How many of you have one? which brand did you buy and why?  What do you suggest?  How long have you had it?  Thinking of a couple smaller ones to peek through the slots in my chevy Silverado.  Sorry I'm talking about the white led light bar for night driving.  I have no special permits or permissions. I'm looking at the off road type.

Offline Ole Polanski

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: off topic...light bars on pickups
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:25 PM »
Howdy..Don't say where you are or for what purpose you need it!  FireFighters and EMS have to have a special permit to display red lights!  Everyone needs yellow plowin snow.  Obviously only Police Officers can have blue!  Strobes are the cats butt but expensive. I'm old school and always used a 4 bulb rotary! Think of why you need....how long do you need it for and go from there!  Whellen was always a big name!  Good luck!   O.P.   :tipup:
"Where there's watah....There's Feesh!"

Offline lookinfopike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:48 PM »
How many of you have one? which brand did you buy and why?  What do you suggest?  How long have you had it?  Thinking of a couple smaller ones to peek through the slots in my chevy Silverado.

If you are talking about the LED light bars, I have one and absolutely love it. Great for when you are away from folks on the back roads. Instant daylight.... The light bar that I originally wanted is made by "Rigid". It also carried a $400.+ price tag with all the hardware needed, but more than I wanted to spend. I ended up on ebay buying the same light for $59.99 with free shipping. Only difference I could see, was the ebay model was minus the cool "Riged" sticker. Same lenth, same amount of LED's, same power, ect... I am on my third year with zero problems. Once you drive with one at night you will be amazed. It will make your stock headlights look more like candles. @)
http://www.gulllakecam.com/

Home of the "Gull Lake Smelt Factory Ice Flies"

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2016, 11:30 PM »
I got a 50" on the roof of my truck. It's one of the cheap Amazon ones, but it is crazy bright. I only payed $150 for it.
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2016, 03:00 AM »
I have a 10" on my quad and wow its amazing! Brand is Aurora and was only 100 bucks.
They have different brands and sizes
  http://www.mud-throwers.com/led_light_bars

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2016, 10:15 AM »
Have a Rigid 10 inch E2 combo on my Jeep Cherokee.  WOW bright and shoots the distance.

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2016, 11:37 AM »
I have a 50" on the top of my windshield. Be aware this mounting location sucks if you don't have a glare visor. The hood glare can be hellacious.

Offline Monovasia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2016, 06:09 PM »
I have the Rigid Bars, they are simply the best

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.