Author Topic: centerville, MD  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Biggs033

• IceShanty Rookie
centerville, MD
« on: Nov 23, 2011, 03:36 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm moving to the centerville, MD area and am looking for info on ice fishing possibilities in the area. I'm coming from Northwest Indiana and have been a shanty member for a few years. Bringing the gear out east with me but not sure if it will get much use in the area? Any info will help. Thanks guys!!!!

Offline Getthenet

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It's all a part o' fishin, son.
Re: centerville, MD
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2011, 10:41 PM »
Biggs,
You will definately be in one of the best fishing areas of the East Coast.  However, ice fishing will be about an hour away and will be iffy.  Check the reports on here and you will get a feel.  Deep Creek in the far West will be about 4 hrs away.  It will defiantely have the longest season.  That being said, you may have closer ice in PA or NJ.  Welcome to MD, its a great state with plenty of great fishing. Tight lines
Got any Maggots?

Offline puddle

• IceShanty Rookie
  • miss ya brother in memory of mlp..........
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2011, 12:02 PM »
we fish deep creek lake which is in western md probably couple hrs at most for ya .... if ya ever want to give it a go let me know always like taking new people .......lots of huge perch and lots of pickerel....good pike and walleye , bluegill fishin also...
on the 8th day he created icefishing and on the 9th day he created vexilar........

Offline Biggs033

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2011, 06:56 PM »
Sweet! Thanks guys. I have heard of Deep Creek. My wife is originally from Kent Island, so we have decided to move back to her area. I love the MD eastern shore but will miss ice fishing a ton. I will have to take you up on the trip to Deep Creek! I guess the gear will be making the move out east with me then. Take care fellas!!!

Offline Flying Frenchman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Biggs,
Welcome to the land of pleasant living.....watch here for reports on places like Martin Lagoon, Bell Grove ponds and Broad Creek to get a feel if we have fishable flatland ice and note, some is tidal.  Points farther west have more consistent ice, but remember Mid Atlantic weather can be frustrating.

Hope to see you out there! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.