Author Topic: Ideal Cooking equipment  (Read 1945 times)

Offline britbeer75

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Can we please not have a season like last :-(
Ideal Cooking equipment
« on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:10 AM »
I found when it comes to cooking out on the ice, all you need is a stove top, and a good ol' fashioned WOK. It can be used for anything: Boiling, Deep-frying, sautee-ing, pan-frying, steaming, and of course....stir-frying, and did I mention it weighs next to nothing.
James Clayton

surflizard

Re: Ideal Cooking equipment
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:56 PM »
I use an Teflon coated, Aluminum 20" x 12" flat griddle, Flat w/ grease trough on one side and a raised grill braiser on the other, It packs inside my Coleman Dual fuel stove and I've gotten a lot of great meals off it !

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Really it depends on whats cooking for me. I've taken out 2 to 3 fry pans a vegie pot and even those infamous Coleman pack away toasters. Had many a good meal either on the ice or even in the Duck Blind. For me the Breakfast outside is the best. Eggs, Homefries, beans, Weiners and toast. Yeah it is a mess and looks like it but oh is it good.

Offline britbeer75

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Can we please not have a season like last :-(
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:36 PM »
agreed, nothing beats breakfast out on the ice...especially when washed down with a bloody mary :-)
James Clayton

Offline fishermanna82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:39 AM »
i useto use a fring pan and a sterno foldable grill. now i uses a colman i burner atatchment. i also use it form my heater till this year anyways.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:39 PM »
mr buddy and hot dogs in tin foil

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:27 PM »
I found when it comes to cooking out on the ice, all you need is a stove top, and a good ol' fashioned WOK. It can be used for anything: Boiling, Deep-frying, sautee-ing, pan-frying, steaming, and of course....stir-frying, and did I mention it weighs next to nothing.

never thought of a wok...great idea, but.....can you find one that isnt 18" in diameter? something alot smaller would be ideal for ice fishing. that was the best idea I ever heard of.

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Yup. Try Bed, Bath, and Beyond, if you have one near you. They have a nice assortment. Besides, then you can take your fish for a wok.  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:44 PM »
never thought of a wok...great idea, but.....can you find one that isnt 18" in diameter? something alot smaller would be ideal for ice fishing. that was the best idea I ever heard of.

Do a search on Amazon. They offer smaller sizes.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2012, 07:56 PM »
Yup. Try Bed, Bath, and Beyond, if you have one near you. They have a nice assortment. Besides, then you can take your fish for a wok.  ;D

yeah we have one here...Im big on cooking..do alot of catering, clambakes, large family outtings, etc. so Im in there often. Im not big on asian/chinese food so I never wandered into the "wok" section. I guess Ill be stoppin in there soon.  ;D

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline gooseblaster49707

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2012, 09:17 PM »
just picked up a 10'' steel wok from a second hand store. $4.00 with cover, ring and steamer shelves.  properly seasoned like cast iron to boot. steal of the year.   what a light weight sweetheart.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.