Author Topic: Gear bags  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gear bags
« on: Sep 24, 2023, 02:55 PM »
Contemplating a gear bag to help with my organization, minimization, comfort, convenience, and space saving while I'm running and gunning on early and late ice. My current method involves carefully packing things inside a dozen other things, then making a scattered mess when I get set up.

https://www.scheels.com/p/scheels-outfitters-ice-locator-pack/84730902824.html#start=2

Something like this is what I have in mind, but really anything in that style, and preferably cheaper (piscifun and kastkingon on Amazon have slightly similar bags, as well as bass pro shops.

Thinking something with the bottom pocket large enough for Genz shuttle, ideally a few rod holders that will actually hold rods, and a couple pockets for tackle boxes and such. Would still have small sled to pull auger, shelter maybe, bait bucket, etc.

Anyone have a bag like this that they recommend? Dimensions of bags are hard to find, and effectiveness of rod holders
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Gear bags
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2023, 04:22 PM »
I like my Striker Ice Transporter ...5 rods and center storage . I also have the Eskimo 32" bag ...4 rods and center storage which is also a great option.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2023, 05:32 PM »
Hey hardwater, how's your summer been?

I think I'm definitely looking more the backpack style like that ego bag. The striker ice and Eskimo bags look great though. Maybe more of an off-season storage option for when my eagle claw hard case gives out. As of now I've got it set up for 4 rods, 4 3500 tackle boxes, and some miscellaneous lights and tools and stuff. But it's a little cumbersome when I'm moving around on the ice, or sharing the hub with anyone else.

Ultimately I probably need to work on trimming down my gear a little bit more, too. Goal was maybe a backpack for the flasher as well as tackle boxes etc, so it's not rattling around in a couple milk crates. Also minimize trips from the basement to the truck when I go or come.

How many security guards you think I could get following me around at a scheels or cabelas, watching me try to stuff a Genz shuttle into different backpacks until I find what fits? 😆

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2023, 04:00 PM »
...Also minimize trips from the basement to the truck when I go or come.

I know exactly what you are talking about ha ha. I went with the Eskimo rod bag and use some of the Clam hard jig boxes. I can fit everything in that bag besides my flasher and auger. So far it's been a pretty good bag, holding up well, and I've used it every time I've fished, last season and part of the one before.

Offline icehmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2023, 07:51 PM »
May or may not help but I went with a ski boot bag for my Helix 7 ice caddy along with the larger Eskimo bag. Ski boot bags are pretty roomy and may help.

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2023, 06:10 PM »
I'll look into it, thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.