Author Topic: Striker Ice gloves  (Read 953 times)

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Striker Ice gloves
« on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:44 PM »
 After having suffered frost bite on several fingers on both hands years past, the cold weather has been grievous to endure, especially last week. A trip to Pro Tackle Outfitters last Saturday and the purchase of a pair of Striker Ice Climate Gloves made all the difference. Fished for seven hours today and no issues with my hands and the cold....dry and warm the whole time out. No packing my gloves full of Hot Hands hand warmers, changing out of wet gloves continuously, drying my hands, hands in my pockets, etc.. No issues wearing these gloves and using rods or handling fish. Wish I would've bought a pair sooner and not put up with all the grief and suffering.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Striker Ice gloves
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:52 PM »
Sounds like a good buy, might have to check them out.  I try to wear gloves but they usually end up in my pockets or sled.  Just can't deal with bulky crap on my hands when I'm fishing.

Offline Smearinfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2017, 06:30 AM »
I too have a pair of striker gloves and they are the warmest waterproof gloves I've ever had!

Offline whiteyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:17 AM »
How much did you pay for them at pto? Mite have to go visit Jim and buy a pair of them. Usually wear mittens but would like a nice pair of gloves.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:25 AM »
I have the lightweight base layer ones from striker. Waterproof. I norm fish with them more than my thick gloves
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2017, 12:39 PM »
How much did you pay for them at pto? Mite have to go visit Jim and buy a pair of them. Usually wear mittens but would like a nice pair of gloves.
They are approx. $55 plus tax, don't hold me to it.

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2017, 06:22 PM »
I use the mittens during ski trips, and they are almost too warm at times.  I do like them a lot though, and they seem well made.  I caught them on an end of season clearance sale at Meijer last year.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2017, 08:16 PM »
Put icy hot on your hands then rub cayenne pepper on them works all day but smells Ben gay

Offline fwcanoefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2017, 02:46 PM »
The last trip out, I used nitrile gloves underneath my wool fingerless mittens, what a huge difference!!!  You can get them wet, still have tactile feel and dexterity.  Worked great!  My brother clued me in on this, which he learned from a friend of his.  I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.