Author Topic: Extending poles on hub of pop up...can it be done?  (Read 909 times)

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Extending poles on hub of pop up...can it be done?
« on: Dec 08, 2020, 09:36 PM »
I have a Costco (Kingfisher) pop up with 49 1/2 inch poles. I lost one complete hub and all four poles.  Can’t find any extra hubs around.  I ended up getting a hub with poles that are 41 1/2 inches.  Could I cut some sort of sleeves and splice With a driveway marker pole and tape to extend them?  Thanks for the help.
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

gman51

Re: Extending poles on hub of pop up...can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2020, 06:25 AM »
that should work then go to home depot find some sort of couplers to receive the splices then use an epoxy. better than tape.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2020, 06:35 AM »
that should work then go to home depot find some sort of coupler to receive the splice then use an epoxy. better than tape.

Maybe some of the larger sized electrical wire connectors would work (not sure if they make them that big). Put a little epoxy inside them before crimping. Top it off with some shrink tubing.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2020, 05:25 PM »
this is for Clam Brand hubs but if your house  uses 11 mm poles then this might be a option to try and it really is not that expensive. get the 51 inch kit and cut it down to 49 1/2 inches.

https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/hub-pole-replacement-kit.html#163=
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.