Author Topic: Inside of Clam peeling  (Read 1074 times)

Offline ski

• IceShanty Rookie
Inside of Clam peeling
« on: Jan 23, 2019, 04:11 PM »
The inside of my clam has light showing from pinholes in the inner layer of fabric on inside of hut and black fabric is peeling in a couple of spots Was wondering if anyone knows how to repair the problem

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Inside of Clam peeling
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Interested also.my shappell fx100 has a few spots where the black coating is gone.can see thru it but wind doesnt blow in but i want to coat it again with something.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2019, 04:51 PM »
The inside of my clam has light showing from pinholes in the inner layer of fabric on inside of hut and black fabric is peeling in a couple of spots Was wondering if anyone knows how to repair the problem

what house is it and how old is it. I am guessing it is a non thermal house and is older.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline ski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Yes its a older nanook   none thermal

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2019, 09:05 PM »
Spray it with flex seal

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2019, 01:16 PM »
Ski it might cost a little money up front but if I were you I would just order a full thermal replacement tent for it. this would do away with the black coating flaking off and also give you full thermal which is nice. below is a link for the full thermal replacement tent you would need. they are currently out of stock on the website but you could call customer service at 1-800-ICE-FISH  or email them at [email protected] and see when they will get more in. if they are truly out then you might have to wait until next year. best is to give them a call and see if they happen to have some but haven't updated the website. this has happened in the past. they do happen to have the non thermal replacement tents in stock but then you run the risk of it flaking again.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/parts/nanook-thermal-tent.html
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.