The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: who is going to the vtsportsman tournament!  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Hardwater fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
who is going to the vtsportsman tournament!
« on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:09 PM »
     Who is going to the vtsportsman hardwater tournament 1/12/13? ;D  It is has changed from Dillinbeck to Mallets bay @) in case you didn't know! Dave Genz will be there!!! Come on down and support the Ice team or just hang out!!!!  www.vermontsportsman.c om for more details!!! See you all there!

Offline vtmopar

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: who is going to the vtsportsman tournament!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:11 PM »
Pike derby on South Bay more my liking
this used to be a friendly forum.........

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:16 PM »
I was thinking about fishing there but not in the derby... We'll see.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:34 PM »
wount be any derby if the weather hold!
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline ruby slipper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Highs well above freezing and lows hovering just above or barely below freezing, expected rain on Friday with a high of 51 on Saturday...this Q seems to be a theme this year, so how is the ice in mallets bay?!?

How's the panfish concentration there anyway?

Offline ruby slipper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:42 PM »
I was thinking about fishing there but not in the derby... We'll see.

that's when you catch the big crappie and bluegill...when you're not entered!

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:44 PM »
that's when you catch the big crappie and bluegill...when you're not entered!

Turns out I have to work that day anyways, so I might just go and catch them all on Friday!  ;)
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline ruby slipper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:47 PM »
Turns out I have to work that day anyways, so I might just go and catch them all on Friday!  ;)

That sucks. Don't pepper too many holes on Friday, they will be toilet bowl sized holes by Saturday! Hey, that might work out better for jigging the crappie ;)

Offline greenangel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:37 AM »
Where are the boundaries that are going to be marked by cones?  Where in Malletts bays is the sign up booth going to be?  I searched on the hyperlink in the first post and I could not find this info.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:37 PM »
As much as i want to be there on Saturday . i wont  :'(.. but i will be fishing the other derbies jamie puts on down my way.. cant wait to fish them and maybe win one. :o
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:47 PM »
The boundaries are set and they aren't huge but enough for everyone to fish.  Last I heard mallets had 6 inches of hard ice and no snow.  Much better than dillenbach.  It's still on, see you all there
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline Hardwater fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:09 PM »
Greenangle you can sign up online or go to the public boat launch the day of and sign in before you go on the ice! the boat launch is next to the marina! I believe! in mallets bay

Offline no rules

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:21 PM »
how much is buy in?

Offline Hardwater fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:38 PM »
there is two prices 30 dollars is the buy in and 60 dollars is the double down option check vermont sportsman.com

Offline Hardwater fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Tournament Rules

All events are one man teams.
         The species will be 3 Crappies and 3 Sunfish.
         Cash prizes will be awarded for the top 3 overall heaviest combined weights.
         There will also be a cash prize awarded for heaviest fish (contestant must have their heaviest fish marked with a jig in the lips when coming up to weigh in)
         All fish must be kept in a bucket with water. NO frozen, dead or discolored fish will be accepted.
          This event will see an 70% payout of all registration fees. 20% will go to running cost and 10% will be donated to VT Sportsmans Take A kid fishing program.
      Tickets can be purchased onsite the day of the tournament until 12:00am
      Or you can pre register with the paypal link below (all major credit cards excepted)       
      Boundaries will be  Pre-marked with orange cones and discussed in the rules meeting
Everyone must get a ticket stub at the sign in table, for door prizes prior to launch
          Everyone will start at the designated launch point and form a single file line (first come first serve order) by 5:45 am sharp. We will do a brief rules meeting and shanty inspection
          Walkers will be let go @ 6:00am sharp.
          ATV’S and Snow machines will be let go @ 6:10am sharp.
          Start time is 6:30am end time is 1:00pm.
After the field is cut loose everyone can drill holes and set up but cannot put a line in the water until 6:30am.
          Weigh in will be at 1:20pm. Awards ceremony and door prizes to follow.
          The use of ATV’s and snow machines will be at the discretion of the tournament directors. In the event that ice conditions will not support these vehicles it will become a walking event.

Regular Entry Fee: $30.00 to compete

*Double Down Option Fee: $30.00 (optional)

*New this year Double Down (optional)

VSHTS has always tried to keep the entry fee reasonable enough so that anybody interested in fishing the tournament series could fish but also be able to have enough prize payout to make it worth it for our traveling fisherman. Thats why this year we are offering the "Double Down option"

How it works
DDO is an extra option you can choose when you purchase your regular entry fee.
Only those who choose the DDO will be eligible for the extra DDO prize money.
If you win first place your prize money will be increased by 70% of the DDO money taken in.
If first place is won by someone who did not choose the DDO the money will be rolled over to the next tournament.
If nobody wins during the regular season. Points winner will take all.

Double Down Option Clarified
Nothing has changed from last year if you pay $30.00 dollars. and don't choose to double down you still win money for first, second, third and bigfish except this year if you win first place you get your money and a Blue suit from Clam Outdoors.

If you choose to double down meaning spend the extra $30.00 and you win first place, you will win the regular first place money a Blue Suit and 70% of the DDO money taken in.
We did it this way to make sure we keep it affordable for our fisherman who are used to the price and happy with the payout
but also give the guys that wanna gamble a little more or the guys that drive a long ways more insentive to come compete.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

We value your opinions!!! Without your continued support this tournament series would not be what it is today!!!

Offline no rules

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:44 PM »
thanks for the info-hope the ice holds up and everyone stays dry!!!

Offline bomo fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice team power stick , maki plastic , T7customrods prostaff
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:55 PM »
i will be there for sure  :icefish:

Offline fishunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2013, 06:53 AM »
I spoke with Scott Blair (One of the Tournament directors) this morning to clarify a couple items.  This first tournament was moved from its original location at Dillenbech due to poor ice conditions from the recent snowfall.  A good move.  The new location at the Mallets Bay boat launch has no snow on top to weigh down or insulate the 5-6 inches of solid ice.  The boundaries are going to be marked with orange cones that will be placed 200-300 yards from the boat launch.  Also, due to a limited crappie population in this bay, the rules have changed for this tournament.  Instead of 3 crappies and 3 sunfish/bluegill, this tournament will be the largest (12) sunfish/bluegill. 

I will be there.  Looking forward to it.  These guys (Scott Blair & Jamie Vladyka) do a great job with this tournament series.  I recommend it to anyone.  Lots of prizes given out.  Most everyone receives a door prize, so the $30 entry is well worth it. 

Good luck to all.  See you there.
Jeremiah

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2013, 09:04 AM »
i will be there for sure  :icefish:
good luck buddy .. catch some monster.. It will be game on when i compete in the next tournament...LOl  ;D
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.