The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: How much ice/snow on Waterbury and how's the H20 level  (Read 2105 times)

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone been out there this week would like to go out there this weekend, but not sure how the ice/ walking is.  Know last year water was up nice and high, but I know that changes by the day. 

Offline lemdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How much ice/snow on Waterbury and how's the H20 level
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:05 PM »
The water level is normal, but GMP (me) will be  starting to draw it down it down to get ready for the spring run off.  I will keep everyone posted.  The level now is 588.2

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:14 PM »
ill let you know how the perch jerkin is their tommorow afternoon after i go their

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:53 PM »
ill let you know how the perch jerkin is their tommorow afternoon after i go their
Keep me posted mostly interested in knowing conditions of ice,snow so I can figure out where to go blushill or damside after trout/smelt/perch.  know walking out can be a workout depending on conditions

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:56 PM »
The water level is normal, but GMP (me) will be  starting to draw it down it down to get ready for the spring run off.  I will keep everyone posted.  The level now is 588.2
  Thanks for info helpful for knowing where to put in.

Offline lemdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:58 PM »
today's level 587.7ft

Offline dinosaur454

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Don't know if you'll be able to get up to the dam. I know last year only the Blush Hill access was open. The town of Waterbury plows Little River rd, and last year they only plowed to the bottom of the hill by the plant. I personally haven't been there yet this season, but I'll be out there this Sat, off Blush Hill. Maybe someone in the area can confirm weather the dam side is open or not. ???
NAFC LIFE MEMBER

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 09:21 AM »
Don't know if you'll be able to get up to the dam. I know last year only the Blush Hill access was open. The town of Waterbury plows Little River rd, and last year they only plowed to the bottom of the hill by the plant. I personally haven't been there yet this season, but I'll be out there this Sat, off Blush Hill. Maybe someone in the area can confirm weather the dam side is open or not. ???
Thanks for the info I usually have been putting in at Blush Hill, but did really well on the big water late last season.  Sounds like I'll be in for a long walk.  still hoping to find out how the walking/ice conditions are out there.

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:29 PM »
went by their today, saw a lot of people out on the ice

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2010, 09:02 PM »
went by their today, saw a lot of people out on the ice
thanks be out there tomorrow hoping for another nice trout or two

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:15 AM »
Going tomorrow 1/17--does anyone know, is there a gap between the water and the ice?  The idea of walking on ice that isn't floating just terrifies me.  Doesn't ice lose strength if it isn't floating?  Never fished "dam water" before so don't know a thing about varying water levels and ice.  Thanks

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline dinosaur454

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Just got back from the Reservoir. 8-10 inches of ice, thin crusty snow pack on top. Lotsa dink perch, a few people were getting trout and smelt. Rainbows were just under the ice, browns a little deeper. Fathead minnows only provided some perch, the trout were taking smelt. Just finished some beer battered smelt. MMMMmmmm.....! ;D
NAFC LIFE MEMBER

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:58 PM »
we need to start keeping more perch out of that place to try and gain some size to the perch their. You can hammer dinks all day long and never catch a decent one :tipup:

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2010, 08:43 AM »
we need to start keeping more perch out of that place to try and gain some size to the perch their. You can hammer dinks all day long and never catch a decent one :tipup:
I here ya, I've been kept all except one 3 incher yesterday.  No trout perch were biting none big though.

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:58 AM »
i know what you mean. Waterbury is my home water and it sucks to catch nothing but 5 inchers.

Offline lemdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:28 PM »
Note to anyone going to fish here..the heavy rain is causing us to close the gates and the water level with rise quickly.  Be careful.

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Note to anyone going to fish here..the heavy rain is causing us to close the gates and the water level with rise quickly.  Be careful.

hows it lookin for the kenny martin tournie this sat? keep us posted and thanks for the info

Offline flaguptrouton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Thanks for info figured that would happen, supposed to be cold for a couple days before the weekend hopefully that is enough to stiffen it up for walking as you drop it back down, but I wouldn't take any vehicles out anytime soon anywhere in this state!  Keep me posted about levels conditions please lemdawg as I did well this weekend 25" 5 lb brown like to try again this weekend if safe.

Offline new guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2010, 02:19 PM »
fished blush hill today: ice thickness is 9-11 inches with very little to no standing water on top, creepers are advised great for a hockey rink and the zamboni has been out! water level is same as ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.