Author Topic: Anybody else getting the itch???  (Read 16268 times)

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Anybody else getting the itch???
« on: Aug 08, 2003, 11:14 AM »
No...not that one! ;) Icefishing! ;D

I'm already thinking about it. I've got some work to do on my shanty, repack my reels on the tipups, "modify" my sled, etc. ~4 months left and it's coming fast.

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walk softly and carry a big gaff
Re:Anybody else getting the itch???
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2003, 11:47 AM »
This darn heat and humidity gives me an itch :P
I am looking forward to a little deer hunting first but bring on the ice.
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2003, 12:12 PM »
You know when football season starts that ice fishing is right around the corner.......... :'(
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2003, 04:06 PM »
Itch?  Like I sat in poison ivy.  I've already repacked tipups, tied  sevenstrand pike leaders and flourocarbon walleye rigs, rigged 2 jig poles, just bought an FL-18, tomorrow I'm going to patch my shanty.  IT'S ONLY AUGUST!!!!   :P  

I can't help it, I'm an addict.  

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2003, 04:18 PM »
I always have the itch.12 months a year.Icefishing with the Goatboys is just so enjoyable and fun,that its all I want to do and think of!!! 8) :'( :'(

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2003, 04:47 PM »
I got both itches. Few weeks ago even took jig rods open water fishing. Worked great surprisingly. Much better feel for perch that were stealing bait while walleye fishing.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

PerchBusterSD

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2003, 10:19 AM »
i am gearing up for the season, bought a new drop bucket rack and ice auger rack for my ATV

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2003, 12:33 PM »
I have the ich so bad that I am bleeding all over from scratching.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2003, 04:08 PM »
Hey Terrygonefishing, sounds like you might need to get out a little more(and I don't mean fishing)...

Offline Michigander

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Friend of Ben Hur On Ice! Hello Muskrat !!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2003, 08:31 PM »
Itching like H - doing strange things  :D

Dave Hunt
A Brother Of The Angle
I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me ><>

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2003, 05:10 PM »
Yeah you got that right Trevor. ;)

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2003, 07:16 PM »
yeah i am......only about 16 more paychecks here!!!!! lol
BUD

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #12 on: Aug 12, 2003, 06:51 AM »
lol Well I l be danged let me do my last Weeks of river fishing for trout before the ice comes...I love ice fishing just as much as the rest and have had dreams about icefishing already this week but i do still need some time to prepare for that Cold sting On my face on those brisk chilly mornings. Irish Cofee in one hand and a Rod in the other...Dang bring on the snow im ready! :-[
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline water_wolf

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A water_wolf in sheepheads clothing
« Reply #13 on: Aug 12, 2003, 07:17 AM »
Chomping at the bit.....I am currently drawing up some plans to make a carry-all for my 4 wheeler out of aluminum.  Season can't come fast enuff for me.  But first comes archery and waterfowl seasons.  God I get excited this time of year!
Rich Ferguson

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 12, 2003, 04:00 PM »
Boy do I itch and I'm out of calomine lotion! Cannt wait for some hard water fun. Hope that its as good or better than last year Just hope that the ice isnt quite as thick as last years unless I get a power auger! Just a couple more weeks and the Buffalo Pike Killers a group of us from near the Buffalo area make our yearly trip to Canada eh to Lake Nippising for a week of fishing and drinking! We say that we cannt guaranty fish we donnt guaranty the weather but we do guaranty you comming back with a 40lb liver wow what a great week! thats why we only do it once a year! At our ages it takes a whole year to recoupe!
Cold Feet

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #15 on: Aug 13, 2003, 06:56 AM »
ya i hear ya there i still have to get my gear together for Bear season and deer and moose. Before you know it the ol hutz on the ice and then the ice is melting and were back here again.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
« Reply #16 on: Aug 17, 2003, 06:05 PM »
One of the guys I go on the ice with stopped over the other day.  The wives sat in the house in the dark and talked women stuff (during the black out), so  Rich and I went out to the garage.  The shanty was sitting there so we decided what the he11.  We pulled it out and set it up in the driveway, then just stood there with beers in hand and stared at it.  Figured the blacktop might be a little rough on the auger...of course with the ice we had last year it would probably be no challenge.  Anyway the women came out and said we looked like those "idiots on that King of the Hill show."  We took that as a compliment, and then we put the shanty away... but seeing it sitting there definately made the itch worse.
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #17 on: Aug 17, 2003, 07:25 PM »
I am glad too see that I am not the only person pulling the shanty out in the drive and just staring at it. I am ready for the ice.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Aug 18, 2003, 12:05 PM »
I brought mine in the house where it is air-conditioned and dreamed about ice.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 18, 2003, 06:18 PM »
Mine stays set up in the basement whenever it isn't in use.  That way the windows don't get creased.  And talk about itch.  A rash is more like it.

Fishrmn

:o :o :o
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
« Reply #20 on: Aug 18, 2003, 06:27 PM »
I just bought an FL-18, got it today.  Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Had the FL-8, sold it, got the FL-18.  They give you a video with it, and Dave Genz is on there.  I tell ya, he fires up his auger, and it's like music!! He starts jerking perch and my heart is racing.

I've got an itch that there is no scratching!!!  My shanty is calling.....

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
« Reply #21 on: Aug 21, 2003, 05:17 PM »
Himo - Great idea!  I think I'll grab donuts and a twelve pack on my way home from work in the morning.  I'll pull the shanty into the living room and set it up and put the AC on super BRRRRRR.  I could even set the aquarium up in the cellar, cut a hole in the floor and jig.  Wouldn't that get momma's knickers knotted!;D     Of course I'd have to put a couple tip ups out too.  Of course She won't let me fire up a stoagie in the house, but I'm thinking if I stay in the shanty, then technically I'm on the ice and not in the house.....Right?
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Aug 21, 2003, 07:15 PM »
you got it. go with the feelings man.

Offline nocash0000

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Aug 29, 2003, 08:56 PM »
scratch,scratch---------scratch,scratch,SCRATCH, why a'm i soooooo itch'ey           τΏτ
walk the hard water side.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Aug 31, 2003, 05:30 AM »
You bet!  A couple of weekends ago, Lake O was too rough to venture out.  So..............my daughter, son and I (wife not interested  :-\) set up the ice shanty in the backyard to check it for any problems we may have missed last season.   Just as a joke, I layed out about 5 tip ups.  I had three of my neighbors come over and ask if I had lost my mind!!  Maybe next week, I'll fire up the ice auger.  That should put them over the edge.   ;D ;D
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #25 on: Aug 31, 2003, 08:26 PM »
Yep, sent in the FL18 for the update, the turnaround was only a few days. Want to get a Fish trap this year, the stores are getting the deer hunting stuff in now......

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 01, 2003, 10:27 AM »
It's an itch i've had for 35 years and never goes away :)

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Sep 01, 2003, 03:56 PM »
You know, I really dont here lately. Waterfowl season is soon, this is supposed to be very good pheasant season. I love to icefish as much as anyone but I got a lot of hunting to do before ice season.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walk softly and carry a big gaff
« Reply #28 on: Sep 02, 2003, 06:47 AM »
I hear ya Mr.S.
Fall is close and I think I am going into rut.  There are a few deer to hunt down and a couple of grouse to flush from the poplers before the tip-ups come out.  I actually took a couple hours out of my (lately) insane schedule yesterday and did a little bushytail hunting (Sept, 1st is opening of squirrel season in NY).  Took home 5 for the grill.  
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #29 on: Sep 02, 2003, 09:33 AM »
Sometimes the ice here comes mid hunting season then I have a big problem cause I really like fishing first ice. Just saw a few elk yesterday at my favorite moose stand. Looks like I will need to get an elk tag this year as well as my moose. Still waiting to get my limited entry Bison draw. One year I hope. Got off the river last week with a 39lb salmon. Lots of grizzlies fishing as well. That was a rush, luckily they are not to interested in us tough humans as lots of tender sockeye around.  Life is good especially when ice is just around the corner.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.