The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster 40v Lithium Demo  (Read 1883 times)

Offline SkWalter

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster 40v Lithium Demo
« on: Jan 13, 2019, 07:59 PM »
Hi all,

I finally got my new Strikemaster 40v Lithium out on the ice and did a short demo video. I thought I would share in the hopes it was helpful.

Offline Tom1983

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Strikemaster 40v Lithium Demo
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2019, 10:28 AM »
I really want to like the electric augers.  I’ve just had too many bad experiences with batteries in cold weather to pull the trigger.  I know that I’m probably thinking the wrong way...

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2019, 11:56 AM »
the battery technology has changed over the years and the modern lithium batteries actually handle the cold well. if in doubt you can always keep a spare in a insulated bag or your pocket if it will fit.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Boomer.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2019, 09:59 PM »
I just bought one last winter, used it all winter, and loved it!  I average about twenty holes per outing and it's usually 8 to 12".  I've never even got to the second section on the battery indicator.  I'm very glad I made the switch.
Fishing in the Slabbin’ cabin!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2019, 06:49 PM »
I really want to like the electric augers.  I’ve just had too many bad experiences with batteries in cold weather to pull the trigger.  I know that I’m probably thinking the wrong way...

I was skeptical. Even kept the gas auger around. After two years of never using the gas auger I sold it. Deep ice around here is about 3ft. So the drill setups work just fine.

I've been hesitant about the plastic flight augers breaking, and haven't gone to them yet......but with the k drill and pistol bit I haven't heard of any problems

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.