Author Topic: Have you ever used one of these?  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
Have you ever used one of these?
« on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:26 AM »
I apologise if this has been posted before but I was curious if anyone has ever had good luck using one of these Sea to Sea Fish Finder Model GKF-02A?

Thanks
Ranger

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Have you ever used one of these?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2006, 10:06 AM »
NEVER, Do ya gotta stick your hand in the hole to get a reading(lol), sorry couldn't resist. Please get back to us and let us know how it works when you get a chance to use it. Stay ON Top, Utes

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:07 AM »
NEVER, Do ya gotta stick your hand in the hole to get a reading(lol), sorry couldn't resist. Please get back to us and let us know how it works when you get a chance to use it. Stay ON Top, Utes

Oh! Please don't go there with foolish questions.  Do I have to draw you a picture.  I saw this on e-bay and it does have a tranducer.  The price was reasonable and I was curious if anyone else has had success with it before I bid.

Ranger :tipup:

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:24 AM »
I have never seen one, but honestly, I would use the money towards something else. Save up the money and get something that will last and will work for years.  If it looks cheap, then it probably is.
Ken                                          

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Never used it, but have used my portable finder years ago to get readings. they will tell you depth and if theres fish only on a couple of second delay I think like three.
Better than fishing blind!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:36 PM »
I bought one on e-bay and it works fine for me....not when it's cold though :-\  gotta keep it above 20 degrees I think....stay in the shanty with it, and you should be fine....I am bringing it crappie fishing with me tomorrow night....I'll let you know how it worked!

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:43 PM »
my buddy got 1 for x-mas this year. he has tried to use it but is not electronically inclined.once he figures it out i will let you know how it does.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2006, 05:24 PM »
I have bought one of these and tried to use it didnt seem to work for me so i got rid of it. I cant afford a vex but i did buy an old eagle silent sixty for a little more than that costed and it has treated me well since.
p.s. I didnt give it much of a chance though really hard to get transducer level.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:25 PM »
Rangerclay, did'nt mean any harm, just a little playing around. Sorry if it offened you. LOL means- laugh out loud. I know the thing has got a transducer, thats why I put lol. And I did ask that you get back to us when you get a chance to use it because i'm interested in knowing how it worked for you. But i agree with bean, if it looks cheap it probably is. Save up and get a VEX-- only way to go.. Utes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.