Author Topic: Which underwater camera to buy for basic winter and summer fishing?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline chillywilly

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi
I got two gift cards to Cabelas this past week for my 60th b-day and I have all the fishing rods and tackle I need. I was thinking about maybe getting a camera but don't want a real expensive one. I winter panfish mostly, and summer panfish and bass in Wisconsin. Any suggestions on models etc. And what is the diffrerence between the 2 types of lighting.
Thanks
bill in Wisconsin

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Chillywilly, I bought the ZT series because I liked the set up on it. It actually folds down on itself and has a handle for carring it around. The down side it only has a 4 inch screen but I haven't found this a problem so far. I also rigged up a hook so I can hang it in my shanty right in front of me if I want. It has the SR lighting which is a combo of blue and red lights for night time fishing. If your not going to do any night time fishing the IR lighting will do just fine. I paid 299 for it. Hope this is a helpful start.
How much ice do you need?

Offline settlepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Aqua Vu scout SRT if you fish at night or XL if you dont.  The reg. scout has a 5" screen and the XL has a 7".  I love mine.

Offline boatnik13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Aqua-vu told me to use the IR light models for stained or murky water. My question to them was > Whats the best unit to use in murky water and they said the lowend model (IR light only) that at the time was the Z60. For clear use color light.

Offline iceman0364

• IceShanty Rookie
i would definetly buy the aqua vu scout xl.. definetly worth the price

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.