Author Topic: Trekker Bibs  (Read 339 times)

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
Trekker Bibs
« on: Jan 17, 2020, 03:50 PM »
Too late anyways cause I already ordered them but has anybody been out with these? I know they don't have much insulation but really liked the tough exterior. How warm are they? Not many reviews out yet.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Re: Trekker Bibs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2020, 04:28 PM »
Well idk how warm they are but they’ve been great for me! I was a transfer from the either my Carhart bibs or a pair of fleece ones. On cold days I’ve been wearing thermals and sweatpants underneath, and on days not in the negatives I’ve just been wearing the sweat pants. A lot more comfort than what I was used to. 

I’m either a very active fisherman or I’m sitting in my hut with the heater on. Not much in between. I haven’t been cold in them yet.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2020, 04:51 PM »
I have a Hardwater jacket and love it but I  couldn't imagine wearing bibs with the same insulation. Between the jacket and my Titans I don't think I need bibs that warm. The ones I've been wearing were $30 from Wally World so they must be an upgrade....I hope?  At least I have the piece of mind with a full float suit.

Offline jayy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2020, 08:32 PM »
I have the older striker lite bibs.  I think they have about the same insulation.  I am warm enough on most days and I rarely use a shelter. On  real cold and windy days I just wear an extra fleece layer underneath.   Works great.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2020, 09:06 PM »
I wasnt happy with the velcroclosures on the front thigh pockets. As much as I use those for things like my phone and other stuff I want to keep handy, I couldn't get past that. I never even wore mine out before I sold them. Glad you guys are happy with them. They definitely seem well suited for active anglers and hub sitters alike, and they're not too heavy they could be worn on those miserable open water days too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.