The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: shanty get together  (Read 27013 times)

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
Re: shanty get together
« Reply #30 on: Oct 30, 2006, 09:18 AM »
What...no invitation to fish VT with you!!! :'(

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 30, 2006, 12:32 PM »
Let's just Invite ourselves!!!!!!!  :o
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline MASSICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Oct 30, 2006, 02:26 PM »
i was in jericho, vt this weekend training and the elevations were completely snow covered. sunday was snow showers all day long. ice fishing is right around the corner :tipup:
Green Hornet JR.

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Oct 30, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Hey everyone, the summer and fall were fun, but I am looking forward to some early ice.  I would definately be up for a get together/tourney.  A-1 has my vote! 

Offline flagfreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Oct 30, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Let's just Invite ourselves!!!!!!!  :o
I think u goatboys are welcome anywhere. At least as far as I am concerned :tipup:

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #35 on: Oct 31, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Thanks flagfreak.Porter is a good friend of ours and we are just busting em. :tipup:

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 06, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Nice to be talking about ice fishing again and seeing familiar names. I'd like to put names to faces. I'll be there with a Coastie name tag. ;D

Offline dave_66

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy, fishy...
« Reply #37 on: Nov 15, 2006, 08:57 AM »
Hey guys,
  An Ice Shanty get together sounds fun.  How about Webster Lake?  Lots of free parking at the Memorial Beach boat ramp, plenty of access, close to I395, and not too far from the Pike (mass pike that is..).  Just a thought....whatever spot is chosen, it does sound like fun.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #38 on: Nov 15, 2006, 08:59 AM »
All we need is some cold weather and some ice. Hope the weather changes by the end of November. :tipup:

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #39 on: Nov 15, 2006, 12:11 PM »
BJ & Mugz.... Funny, I must have lost the invitation to the NH trip last year...hmmm... and when I asked Mugz.....the Goatboy Inn was conveniently full! :P  VT ice fishing is amazing and you are always welcome. Damn Goats.....  ;D

- Porter

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
« Reply #40 on: Nov 15, 2006, 12:12 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm in for a get together.

- P

Offline rockysolid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish....Therefore I am.
« Reply #41 on: Nov 15, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Anyone want to consider Lake Quinsigamond? Great piece of water......Pike, Muskie, Broodstock, (I've pulled a 15Lb'r out) Bass, Trout, one of the few central places with that kind of spread and hotels within a mile of the lake. Decent parking in a bunch of good spots and good pubs and chow a mile from anywhere your fishing.

The south end (Flint Pond-Sunset Beach) freezes up earlier than the north. Usually can get on in December. But the way this month is going who knows.
If everyone who whined about the cold would move south, this would be a better place.

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Nov 16, 2006, 08:20 AM »
It will definitely be on the "list".

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline flagfreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Nov 16, 2006, 10:24 AM »
It will definitely be on the "list".

First thing on the list is ICE. :tipup

Gerry

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Nov 16, 2006, 12:07 PM »
First thing on the list is ICE. :tipup

Gerry

AGREED!!!!!!
-Frank Zappa

Offline BillP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Nov 16, 2006, 03:01 PM »
i am in worcester, im only 14 ill try to get my dad into it. ;D
Fishing + Hunting + guitar = MY LIFE!!!!!

Fish on
Bill

Offline rockysolid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Nov 16, 2006, 04:45 PM »
You go BillP !!!!!  :tipup:
If everyone who whined about the cold would move south, this would be a better place.

Offline BillP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Nov 16, 2006, 06:43 PM »
rockysolid where are u located im worcester? im off burncoat st down near where u get on 290 .

Fish on
Bill

Offline rockysolid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Nov 17, 2006, 06:28 AM »
Wow, that's funny.....I used to live on Merton St. Now I'm up on the Summit, just a couple miles from you. Look forward to seeing you down on the lake this year dude. Bring your Dad down so I can meet him when we get some ice. I bring my nephew with me all the time (Future Ice Junky in training). You'd be welcome to join us when your Dad can't get out on the water. I'm hoping Brigham Pond will be ready by Christmas. Usually the first one frozen and the last to break-up. Looking forward to meeting you.

Offline flagfreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Nov 17, 2006, 08:19 AM »
We may have to have the get together out of state if this $#$% weather keeps up :%$#!:

Very depressing   And those guys posting from Alaska rubbing it in!Peopleat wprk think I am nuts :cookoo: cursing this climate  C'mon ICE :tipup:

Offline rockysolid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Nov 17, 2006, 11:35 AM »
I hear that Freak..........In the Almanac I trust......It's coming soon. We'll be on the water by X-mas!!

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #51 on: Nov 18, 2006, 09:47 PM »
Hey rockysolid, I live in shrewbury, but I have not heard of brigham pond?  Is that around here? I am always looking for new ponds to try, especially ones that freeze early and melt late!

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #52 on: Nov 19, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Im up for any where but chauncy if we go there 50% of the guys wont get flags its just the way that lake fishes and Im sorry if I pissed anyone off by saying that.I fished quaboag last year got a lot of flags and my first pike.the weather is an issue so far. I was catching stripers yesterday at block. Hey mugz you missed out on the beer can turkey last year Ill definitly bring an 18 lb turkey and all will be welcome to try I use jack daniels smoking pellets it comes out killa last time only the skeleton survived  ;D G horne and bassandice will probaly go they went to the boag with me last year it was the first time we fished together I met them on this site .
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline rockysolid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Nov 20, 2006, 06:22 AM »
Hey Bumps.........It's not far, it's an a hole we call "Little Antarctica" near Comet. ALWAYS 1st ice and last. It can be freaky sometimes, you drive by open water everywhere and there's 8 inches of ice there. Decent fishing to keep the DT's away, no trophies, and no Pike, but it gives you a chance to carve a hole. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #54 on: Nov 20, 2006, 12:42 PM »
Rockysolid, that sounds great, give me a holla when that place starts to lock up.  It would be nice to meet some more iceshanty members out on the ice. I can't wait for the cold weather!!! ;D

Offline BillP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Nov 20, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Does anyone on here have a Screen name ??

Mine is............  Gibsonlpmaster

Fish on
Bill

Offline flagfreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Nov 21, 2006, 02:13 PM »
Lot of good suggestions so far............Soon when we have ICE plans can SOLIDIFY :thumbsup: :tipup: :tipup:

Gerry

Offline mag minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Nov 22, 2006, 04:28 PM »

Quinsig has a lot of surface area to cover once frozen. If you haven't fished it, it's worth the trip just because it's a new spot
  and its proximity to various Irish Pubs with multiple Tap handles, places to crash for any budget and it's close to RT495 and The Pike...

Offline Birdog1340

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Nov 23, 2006, 10:46 AM »
I'm in.  Anyplace in central MA is good for me.  Although I'm fairly new to getting back on the ice, this site and you people on it, have helped to make my return most enjoyable.  Thanks.  I'm looking forward to meeting all and making new friends.  (Just a note: Time/Location will not please everyone, make a choice and stick with it.)
Simple pleasures are the last refuge of the complex.

Offline BillP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Nov 23, 2006, 02:21 PM »
yea im kinda with bird on the central mass part. and time and day. well lets pic a date and hope for ice

Fish on
Bill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.