The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Gardner Ale House Year End Gathering April 16th 2:00 to 6:00 (UPDATE)  (Read 8234 times)

Offline Porter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nationality: Porterguese of course!
They all carry Wampum Rewards Cards too :P ;D

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wait, how'd I get on that list? I'm still up in the air. That's my birthday, and I have some huge bass and perch that are planning on singing happy birthday to me! I might be able to do both, though.

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
OK I can't resist.....Wow.... :o have never seen anything such as the GODSMOBILE!!!! Is this a real ride??? No offence but it looks like it should say next stop Mars, needing a specail boarding pass and moon boots.  :woot:

Well how do you think we get from heaven and back. ;D ;D ;D
MA

Offline GOT PIKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO GODS
If ye think the van is nice wait till ye see the matching wheelchairs........... ...
Work is for people that don't know how to fish.........

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If ye think the van is nice wait till ye see the matching wheelchairs........... ...
Shay
I wanted it to be a surprise and show it off on the ice next year. They just finished it.
MA

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thats funny right there , I don't care who you are....lmao :roflmao: :roflmao:
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey you can make money with this too , just put 3 inch spikes on the tracks and the G.O.D.S. can aerate our lawns before we fertilize
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just a kid until the end.
DEPENDS

Kevin, you have angered the GODs.  Crafts today at the nursing home.  I made up a scooby snack vodo doll at crafts today. So if your prostate is inflamed, your colon spasming, or you wake with a scooby snack stuck in a place where is was not meant to be you will know the rath of the GODs. 

We could let you in as a member but it DEPENDS on you.  Really, you may wake with Depends on you I won't tell you where.    Your only hope is to buy us all a round of drinks at the gathering to place you in good faith with the GODs. 

Anything hurting yet?  It will by the time you are our age.  See ya at the gathering. 

Member of the GODs, the Grumpy Old Dudes, "We're off our rockers."

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Kevin, you have angered the GODs.  Crafts today at the nursing home.  I made up a scooby snack vodo doll at crafts today. So if your prostate is inflamed, your colon spasming, or you wake with a scooby snack stuck in a place where is was not meant to be you will know the rath of the GODs. 

We could let you in as a member but it DEPENDS on you.  Really, you may wake with Depends on you I won't tell you where.    Your only hope is to buy us all a round of drinks at the gathering to place you in good faith with the GODs. 

Anything hurting yet?  It will by the time you are our age.  See ya at the gathering. 

Bad Move Lava Queen :nono: :nono: :nono: you will wish you had DEPENDS On after we finish with you Sonny >:( >:( >:(
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I know many of you young guys are wondering to yourself, How can I get a GODmobile or one of those incredible ice tac motorized chairs?  The only way to purchase on is to redeem your Green Stamps at your closest Green Stamp Outlet. If your are asking yourself, what is a Green Stamp and where is the Green Stamp outlet?  You are too young to own a GODmobile or powered chair.  The GODs saved up all their Green Stamps and pitched in to make the purchase. We're a Team.   

It's hard to notice but the powered chair comes with a retractable Icegator auger built right into the bottom of the seat.  Just pull over the spot you want to drill and use the nifty joy stick to lower and raise the auger.  Warning: the retractable Gator auger can be inadvertently retracted back up through the seat.  This happened to Butch a while back.  We knew something had gone wrong because he had that strange constipated look on his face. It picked him up, spun him around and threw him down onto the ice.  Fortunately he was not harmed.  It took us quite a while to get his Depends unwrapped from around his neck and ears.  It was the biggest wedgie I had ever seen.  

When you hook the big one attach the line to the power chair and tow Larry out of the hole.  Once Don had accidentally overmedicated himself and ripped the lips right off the Larry.  Larry is no longer a largie he is a smallie.  It does take a little training while to get use to all the controls.   Jiggers and Shay's power chairs have keyless entry.  Mine has lumbar back supports, beer on tap and is MP3 player compatible.  Art's comes with a potty toilet.  There are many other available options but why keep going.  Kevin, if you haven't saved up your Green Stamps you can't get one.  

Internet Promotion: For a limited time only you can earn Bass Pro Points with Scooby Snack wrappers.  Get snackin'.  

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wait, how'd I get on that list? I'm still up in the air. That's my birthday, and I have some huge bass and perch that are planning on singing happy birthday to me! I might be able to do both, though.

how about having a laker sing happy birthday? i was thinking of hitting the chu that morning. u in? then if u mention that it's your birthday enough at the gathering the GODS will take care of u cuz even though they get cranky once and a while they are a generous bunch and they will take care of u all nite long. Don't let them know i said that cuz they already got a wanted poster of me hanging in GODS headquarters.

Offline samamster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • From The Hole To The Pole!!!!
Shay
I wanted it to be a surprise and show it off on the ice next year. They just finished it.
(Image removed from quote.)

Dam Jigger, I thought there was no way you could top the GODSMOBILE but I stand corrected. Haven't had the opportunity to meet you yet and I can't wait for next fishing season but I am really and truly impress.   :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow:

S~
For the Love of Fishing...but will only cook a Few...:-)

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I've got a secret squirrel pond plan in the works, maybe before and after even. I'll let you know once I have more sorted out.

how about having a laker sing happy birthday? i was thinking of hitting the chu that morning. u in? then if u mention that it's your birthday enough at the gathering the GODS will take care of u cuz even though they get cranky once and a while they are a generous bunch and they will take care of u all nite long. Don't let them know i said that cuz they already got a wanted poster of me hanging in GODS headquarters.
"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That is some REALLY FUNNY right there!  Stealth.. right on you old coot, when does your next geriatric storybook come out?!  Jigger, love your Geriatric chair. Butchy54, well I think he's still pulling remnants of his depends out of his nostrils! and Shay, Way to let the cat out of the bag, I bet you forgot, right?! Lava.. well.. I'd say Move to another topic... They gonna chew you up and Schitt you out!  :flex:

Hi-jacked post... Who Cares!!!  keep it going!  :thumbsup:
 :bow: :bow: :cookoo: :bow: :bow: 

Flaggs!

btw: Stealth, I have 3 and 1/2 S & H Greenstamp books completed... Want 'em?
(Image removed from quote.)

Flaggs, Three and a half book of greenies, you have the key to the GODs kingdom right there. 

Recent budget cuts are the nursing home has forced some unhappy changes.  The Scooby snacks and Ding Dongs have been replaced with out of date Pop tarts from the Ocean State Job Lot.  We thought they were Pop Tarts but upon further investigation they were actually Poop Tarts.  It was just another plan of management to keep the GODs regular and moving.

I don't think they are saving any money.  The money they saved on the Scooby snacks cutbacks is now being spent on the additional Depends it takes to cover us being so regular.  It was a good thing our man Shay was there to speak up and offer a less expensive option to the tarts.  He suggested the nursing home buy up all the old out of date Guiness on tap from the neighboring pubs.  Turns out it actually works better than the Poop Tarts.  The GODs are happy once again.  Someone on our team always comes up an ideas to keep the groups spirits up.  Not so bad after all being old if you have someone to be old with.  That's what the GODs are all about. 

Three and a half book of green stamps is like gold in this economy.  That's a load of licks.  The GODs are saving for a set of snow tracs for the GODmobile.  We want our ride, the GODmobile, to be pimped out for our arrival at the gathering at the Gardner Ale House.  This thread has not be highjacked, it's all about the preparation.  Doesn't take much to get the GODs excited. 

We are planning on getting down on the down low.  We been for real, baby . . . We come up hard. We come up, gettin' down. Snizzle, fizzle, ba gizzle....... time for my meds.  We are hoping all you young guys will help us back up.  That's what the Shanty Gatherings are all about.  Too much fun, gang,   see ya there.  The fun never ends a Iceinsanity.com. 

THE GODs ...............BE THERE!    Bring some green stamps. 

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Internet Disclaimer: The following post is meant in fun. I have nothing less than the utmost respect for the fishing abilities of anyone and everyone I mention in this post.

Stealth u are too funny. it's fizzle my nizzle not snizzle fizzle ba gizzle. would u guys like some VIP valet service? maybe i can get a group of the YHD's (young health stud's) together to help the GOD's as they arrive. You know you are going to need someone to operate the wheelchair lift and push the wheelchairs up the ramp. you can tip us in fishing gear cuz u know u have more than u need from years of collecting. i will do this for u in exchange for your removal of the lavaman wanted posters and vodoo dolls from your headquarters.

Sincerely
friendsofthegods.com  

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Internet Disclaimer: The following post is meant in fun. I have nothing less than the utmost respect for the fishing abilities of anyone and everyone I mention in this post.

Stealth u are too funny. it's fizzle my nizzle not snizzle fizzle ba gizzle. would u guys like some VIP valet service? maybe i can get a group of the YHD's (young health stud's) together to help the GOD's as they arrive. You know you are going to need someone to operate the wheelchair lift and push the wheelchairs up the ramp. you can tip us in fishing gear cuz u know u have more than u need from years of collecting. i will do this for u in exchange for your removal of the lavaman wanted posters and vodoo dolls from your headquarters.

Sincerely
friendsofthegods.com  

If I remember correctly, there's a street to cross, too. One of us might have to wear a boy scout uniform to help them across...

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Sincerely
friendsofthegods.com  

Kevin, a friend of the GODS is a friend of mine.  Thank you for straightening out my snizzle fizzle ba gizzle.  Maybe they can cut back on my meds now.  The wanted posters and voodoo dolls are taken down and put away.  I'm keeping them for safe keeping. JUST IN CASE. 

Scott, If you are a boy scout then you took an oath:
On your honor,
To do my best,
To do my duty to the GODS (Grumpy Old Dudes)
And your shanty.
To obey the shanty law,
to help the Grumpy Old Dudes at all times.
To keep yourself physically strong to help us get into the Ale House,
Mentally awake...... we like to take lots of naps.
and morally straight.....You're buying the beer. 

Thanks.  See ya there.   

Thanks you.   

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
im in and the wifey so put me in for two !!!
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Being mentally awake, I feel I should correct the oath for you. See below.

Also, ask me about the rocks I pick up if you're wondering about the physically strong part. If you guys were less large and awkward, I could throw you!

Scott, If you are a boy scout then you took an oath:
On your honor,
To do my best to take pictures of fish others wish they could catch,
To do my duty to the GODS (Grumpy Old Dudes)
And your shanty.
To obey the shanty law,
to help the Grumpy Old Dudes at all times, unless they're too cranky to be around.
To keep yourself physically strong to help us get into the Ale House,
Mentally awake...... we like to take lots of naps.
and morally straight.....The Birthday Boy/Girl, however young or old, never has to buy any beer

Thanks.  See ya there.   

Thanks you.   

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Being mentally awake, I feel I should correct the oath for you. See below.

Also, ask me about the rocks I pick up if you're wondering about the physically strong part. If you guys were less large and awkward, I could throw you!

I hear ya.  Birthdays, statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest and get the most beer.  I'll be waiting in the crosswalk.  Scott, here's to ya. 

If I'm not there then I am probably a hood ornament by now.  Don't worry, the nursing home has us wear GPS tracking devices and you YHDs will be able to find me and get me back to the Ale House in time for the gathering.  I have my voodoo dolls with me just in case. 

Offline muleskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Got my kitchen pass all set add me to the list. (fishing new England we could ride together) pm me and let me know
why yes, I'm not quite right thank you for noticing

Offline samamster

• IceShanty Rookie
hey Jigger, can you add one more to your list for the 16th.

S~

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey Jigger, can you add one more to your list for the 16th.

S~

Hey Samamster
So you couldn't wait til next year to meet the G.O.D.S ;D ;D ;D ;D
MA

Offline samamster

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey Samamster

A whole year was just too long!  Besides after seeing the GODmobile I could not pass this gathering up.  :afro:

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
Hey Samamster

"Jigger's not just a G.O.D. member, he is a founding father"

;)

Flaggs!

wow.. this is a record for me being on Shanty this late.... Cars are still buttoned up 'cause of this crazy weather! Only in New England... gotta love it!

IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
For some reason, I thought this was on Sunday (I'm an idiot). I'm full Saturday with the kids activities (skating, ballet, baseball).

Sadly guys, I have to bail this year. Wish I could make it but the wife would have the locks changed while I was gone if I did.

:'(

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
For some reason, I thought this was on Sunday (I'm an idiot). I'm full Saturday with the kids activities (skating, ballet, baseball).

Sadly guys, I have to bail this year. Wish I could make it but the wife would have the locks changed while I was gone if I did.

i completely understand. as u know i had to face those difficult decisions more than once in my life. kinda like the song "should i stay or should i go"

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac

You're choosing your family over all of us?!   :o

Good call, man. Let me know if you're free on Sunday.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i completely understand. as u know i had to face those difficult decisions more than once in my life. kinda like the song "should i stay or should i go"

Your making up for it now ;D ;D ;D
MA

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
FNE... Dude...it's the right thing to do! We all know that! Have a great 3 seasons! 

See ya next freeze!

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.