The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Central Vermont jumbo yellow perch  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Central Vermont jumbo yellow perch
« on: Jan 30, 2023, 07:09 AM »
Anyone around central Vermont been getting on the jumbos? Since I moved north 6 yrs ago I haven’t fished central Vermont too much. There are a couple ponds I use to get some really nice jumbos out of. Curious if anyone still is. Not looking for locations just the body of water

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Central Vermont jumbo yellow perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2023, 11:04 AM »
Lake Morey holds some but you have to search.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2023, 05:41 PM »
I was sort of fishing to see if others have found the hot spots. If the answer is no it may be time for a central vt jumbo perch tour

Offline vt-jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2023, 05:57 PM »
I was sort of fishing to see if others have found the hot spots. If the answer is no it may be time for a central vt jumbo perch tour
In all honesty dude,  and with ALL due respect to you and the entire fishing community...  IF a guy knew of a small pond routinely spitting out jumbos, they probably aren't going to be talking about it.     If you do a search on most fish forums, you'll notice a pattern.      Any post with good fish and a lake name,  came from a BIG body of water, most of the time.          Could it be greed? Maybe. Could it be the fear of seeing a small resource being pillaged in the name of a social media pic? Maybe.    I can't speak for other people's reasons but for me it's certainly a little bit of both those things, in some capacity or another.   

With that being said,  I believe i have a tidbit of info that would point you in a productive direction.  Gonna send you a pm.

"Guys, Come look! This perch is as big as my house!"

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2023, 06:18 AM »
One thing about the ponds I’m referring to is the fish aren’t easy to catch. They run deeper water than your typical perch and that’s why they’re pigs

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:46 PM »
Lake Bomoseen has always been a big perch fishery to me. At certain times of the year, the perch can be in various places. The one thing some people make  MISTAKE when fishing bomo is they fish too small. If you want big jumbos then don't be afraid to fish big baits like rippin raps, rappala minnows, and buckshot spoons. If you want to put big perch on the ice don't be afraid to use plastics, especially blood worms imitations like Nuggies. Good luck
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.