Author Topic: Heated Handle Bar Grips  (Read 3099 times)

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Heated Handle Bar Grips
« on: Dec 26, 2008, 05:19 PM »
How many of you use these what brand do you have and how well do they keep your hands warm

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Heated Handle Bar Grips
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2008, 05:52 PM »
Every sled I have owned, as well as my dad, have always had Hot Grips brand handlebar heaters installed and they work awesome. I've taken plenty of rides in below -30 C and have never had my hands get cold. They're a super hard and durable rubber that lasts forever, but i think they'd be a bit harsh for the vibrations of a quad. I've never had a problem with any of them, once installed they've worked flawless for years without any special care. Once you've ridden a sled in the cold with heated hand grips, you'll never go back!
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline squirrel nuts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2008, 08:37 PM »
I can't imagine running without them.I've got the stock Polaris ones and have had no problems.Just picked up a set for Salmoncandy for xmas,couldn't stand the whinning anymore LOL :)

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2008, 08:42 PM »
mine get so hot they can melt your gloves on high. they are very nice when hole hopping to warm up the cold hands.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Are all atv bars the same size o.d.

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:15 AM »
How many of you use these what brand do you have and how well do they keep your hands warm
You will also want to put a thumb warmer on also.

Offline vtpoolman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:29 AM »
are you looking for an atv or sled? i put moose atv heated grips and thumb warmer on the atv. also put in a heated seat. works awsome. the grips get so hot on high that you have to turn them down. got the 4 zone system. hase 5 heat settings and can run 4 heaters. i run heated grips, thumb, seat, and can also plug my gerbing heated coat in. got the coat for my bike. love it.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:35 AM »
I will use it on the Atv. I did not know they made heated seats. What do they cost.

Offline vtpoolman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2008, 10:38 AM »
the internal heated seat was cheap thats why i bought it. you have to take your cover off and put the heated pad down and reinstall the cover. i think it was $35. but the controller with the grips and thumb warmer was $120-135. can't remember. sheck them out at mooseutilities.com. i bought it from a local dealer though.

Offline boy wonder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Moose on mine...grips and thumb warmer...they have a low and high setting...the throttle/thumb gets super hot on high..have to leave that on low...the grips in temps under about 20 are on high...anything above 20 is low...the great thing i found is running around to tip ups with my gloves off it keep your hands warm....i also put on the Moose Hand Protectors to block the wind on my hands on the ice...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.