Author Topic: Tire Slime  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Tire Slime
« on: Nov 02, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Has anyone used the green puncture repair substance "tire slime" in a cold weather use ATV?

I was thinking of putting some in my Sportsman's tires, but I was worried about cold weather compatibility issues. I don't want it to make my wheeler shake like crazy if the stuff piles up and wont spread out in the tire when it is cold.

Offline IceFishinJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Alcoholic
Re: Tire Slime
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2009, 07:36 PM »
I have had it in both of my quads tires from the day I bought them. It has never given me a problem in the cold. I would never have a ATV without putting slime in the tires, this stuff works great.

Joe

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2009, 05:03 AM »
I have to put some in my tires this year as well. I was told that after you put it in your tires, make sure you drive around for a while in order to spread the slime all around the inside of your tires. The more you drive it right after the better is what I was told.

JIGGIN.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2009, 07:50 AM »
I bought some tubes with it in it for use with an old garden trailer   I didnt pay much for them as they were on clearance at wally world about 4 yrs ago  Well anyway the tires I put them in were SHOT  and it would have been cheaper to buy a brand new trailer than replace the tires   it is still going strong only due to the tubes and that slime stuff   I do have a jug of it hanging around to use on my Johndeere tractor if it gets another puncture   but havent had to yet   I wouldnt use it in anything that might have a safety issue associated with it  ie: speed as I like great tires for anything Im traveling in
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.