Author Topic: Buckeye Lake  (Read 1932 times)

toad4u2

Buckeye Lake
« on: Jan 15, 2004, 06:49 PM »
Went down tonight to check out the ice and I think I'll give it a few more days.  The ice was 2 to 3" thick and the lake was frozen from one side to the other with the execption of around the yacht club.  The dam is still open  and as the lake comes down and the ice sinks down it is breaking up around the edges.   The weatherguesser said rain showers Saturday so thats not going to help much.

Well maybe next week.  ;D

Offline 2Big4HoleOH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U ain't had one, till u used a gaffe!!!!!
Re:Buckeye Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2004, 09:41 PM »
Hey Toad:
Did you check out over by Fairfield Beach? I think we will be along the south edge catchin' saugeye on Saturday. I think you are right, next week for sure should see some 5'' ice...
2Big4Hole
Iced

toad4u2

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2004, 04:55 AM »
I was at the north ramp but it was frozen all the way across.  It won't be long  ;D

HYDRASPORT73

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2004, 11:52 PM »
Went out saturday night (1-17) from 9:00-12:00 , didnt get bit at al . Ice was about 5" but the water was very muddy .

Offline 2Big4HoleOH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U ain't had one, till u used a gaffe!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2004, 06:00 AM »
Toad/Hydra:
Was iced from noon till 6:00pm on 1/19, Monday. 4 1/2" of ice in 9' feet of water between the island and the marsh off of Fairfield Beach. SLOW...2 small saugeyes on tip-ups....Marked alot of fish with many schools suspended between 4-6'...threw everything I had but they would not take it, and when they did they would just mouth it...Will fish dark tonight with some glows and see what happens...
2Big4HoleOH
Iced

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.