New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 2021-2022 Snowdog  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Adk_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
2021-2022 Snowdog
« on: Jul 16, 2021, 01:57 PM »
I’ve been checking snowdogs website lately and it seems as though today they updated their dogs, they have a slightly more affordable and compact 10hp but I’m thinking of going with the standard 13hp for better floatation in deep snow. I’m just having a tough time deciding how important the reverse is.
It seems as though the next model with reverse is $800 more and I doubt that’s worth it. Last years model was about $3k for the compact and $3,300 for standard with reverse. This years it’s $3k for standard without reverse.
Can’t wait to get my hands on one.
I live in the Adirondacks

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: 2021-2022 Snowdog
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2021, 11:16 AM »
Used my buddies a bunch last year, it was the 13hp with no reverse

I never felt the need for reverse. It worked pretty well for what it is intended to do.

I also have a snowmobile that I didnt use due to no snow to keep it cool so the Snow dog really shined in that respect.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2021-2022 Snowdog
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2021, 11:55 AM »
Build one. I've got less than $800 in this.

To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.