Author Topic: Yard sale score.  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Yard sale score.
« Reply #30 on: Jul 07, 2021, 09:28 PM »
Good thing this isn't Polio v2.0... the way folks are acting half the country would be gimpy by now. 😏

Good point!  My Grandfather and aunt had Polio, Grandfather never did fully recover and was gimpy the rest of his life, immunization has wiped that out.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #31 on: Jul 08, 2021, 05:02 AM »
And it took 7 years and testing for that vaccine,unlike the rushed out covid  vaccine that has no tests for long term side effects or even how long it even last.covid will disappear until the next deadlier virus is unleashed.what i really dont get is everyone that gets vaxxed is still worried about people that are not.you are protected supposedly but can still get the covid even after getting the fauci ouchie.anyways hoping for a full recovery for anyone that is dealing with the covid.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jul 08, 2021, 05:34 AM »
And in 1955 when that vaccine was made it took a week to drive across the country because interstates didn't exist yet. Technology has come a ways in the past 70 years...

It is disconcerting because like most vaccines, it is not 100% effective, so the more freedumb boasting plague spreaders there are traipsing about haplessly, the higher the odds of are of catching it become for everyone else. 

I, personally, would prefer not to catch it again; once was plenty for me. Spending the better part of a year hacking and out of breath wasn't what I would call a great time.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Jul 08, 2021, 06:14 AM »
Im still never getting that vaccine.my neighbor that had covid and then got the vaccine is now having heart problems and theres tons of reports of all the vaccines causing enlargement of the heart.if you need prizes and winning lotto type games to lure into getting a vaccine it just seems fishy.im not a anti vaxxer either.its only approved for emergency use and no long term studies have been done.nope not for my family.
X2 It is just crazy how every time you turn around there is a new scheme to get you to take the shots. My Daughter Works at a nursing home and a lot of the residents that had both shots are still getting Covid.
<===Lefty===

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jul 08, 2021, 08:56 AM »
Getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you won’t get Covid, it means IF you do come down with it, your chances of staying out of the hospital, and recover sooner then you would if you didn’t get the vaccine. Sure, there are possible side effects to a small minority of the population, but that’s true for flu and other vaccines as well. It’s a toss of the dice. The incentives are merely a way to encourage more people to get vaccinated in an attempt to achieve that “herd immunity”. It’s a matter of personal choice. I just wish more people would see the overall benefit of the science behind the vaccine, and not give in to the many unproven conspiracy theories.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jul 08, 2021, 09:29 AM »
Getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you won’t get Covid, it means IF you do come down with it, your chances of staying out of the hospital, and recover sooner then you would if you didn’t get the vaccine. Sure, there are possible side effects to a small minority of the population, but that’s true for flu and other vaccines as well. It’s a toss of the dice. The incentives are merely a way to encourage more people to get vaccinated in an attempt to achieve that “herd immunity”. It’s a matter of personal choice. I just wish more people would see the overall benefit of the science behind the vaccine, and not give in to the many unproven conspiracy theories.

I see both sides of the discussion. What tilted me on the side to get it was my very conservative neighbor with a science background who immediately said get it when I asked her. The Messenger RNA type vaccine isn't new by any means....  just a version of it to fight COVID. Lefty glad to hear you're beginning to feel better. My wife and mother inlaw both had it around July 4th last year and have been fine after recovering.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #36 on: Jul 08, 2021, 10:07 AM »
Well i talked about covid but heres my yard sale find today.a great aluminum lantern box for 2$.this is the 3rd one like it ive found.spot for lantern,gear and fish all in different storage areas.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jul 08, 2021, 10:35 AM »
Very cool find. My uncle had something similar to that when I was a kid. Not the same item, but along the same line.

Does it have a couple partitions on the floor and a boxed in shelf inside about halfway up? I think his had a rope handle to carry it, too, if I remember correctly.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #38 on: Jul 08, 2021, 10:36 AM »
Holy crap!!!!!!! I've looked for one of those for 20 friggin' years with no luck!!!!!!!!! AAAAARGGGHHHH!  :wacko:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #39 on: Jul 08, 2021, 11:53 AM »
Last year I went to buy a used flip over for my friend for $100 talked him down to $75
Then he said he had some other stuff. I saw a Strike Master Lazer 10" auger laying there and asked how much?
He said it didn't run I could have it for $30. I took it home drained the gas put in fresh gas and spark plug and it fired right up and runs great. Now that was a steal.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #40 on: Jul 08, 2021, 12:47 PM »
Very cool find. My uncle had something similar to that when I was a kid. Not the same item, but along the same line.

Does it have a couple partitions on the floor and a boxed in shelf inside about halfway up? I think his had a rope handle to carry it, too, if I remember correctly.
yeah this has a compartment under the seat lid,then has one on outside to put fish or rods in away from the spot where the lantern goes.all of mine have a aluminum carry handle.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #41 on: Jul 08, 2021, 12:51 PM »
Holy crap!!!!!!! I've looked for one of those for 20 friggin' years with no luck!!!!!!!!! AAAAARGGGHHHH!  :wacko:
lol well you see one..come get it.lol

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Jul 08, 2021, 05:32 PM »
lol well you see one..come get it.lol

You don't deliver?  ;D

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #43 on: Jul 08, 2021, 07:08 PM »
You don't deliver?  ;D
out of 3 vehicles i dont trust any to go out of state.nissan has terrible rusty brake lines,old dodge still needs a axle shaft u joint and i just noticed a frame rust hole and crack starting.going to booger weld a plate on that.and the crapper town and country hit 200,000 this week.need to get rid of all this michigan winter and salt rotted vehicles and get me something different one day.nope lol

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Jul 09, 2021, 10:47 AM »
You just need to get a FORD.   ;D

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jul 09, 2021, 11:34 AM »
200k? That's still like new  :roflmao: I actually just rolled over 200 on mine last week.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #46 on: Jul 09, 2021, 11:49 AM »
Just pour some SEAFOAM in it.  :roflmao:

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jul 09, 2021, 11:59 AM »
Just pour some SEAFOAM in it.  :roflmao:

I do occasionally give it a shot of FI cleaner in the tank.

Aside from a Geo Metro the front end rusted out from under, I don't think I've had a car not make it to at least 250k in the past 15 years or so.

I commute 55 miles for work, plus all my fishing on top, so I roll that odometer like a roulette wheel. 🤣

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #48 on: Jul 09, 2021, 12:34 PM »
All my 80s dodge  w150s made it to 275 to 300,000 then were turned into bud boggers for the rest of the life they had in them.my 89 power ram has only 153,000 but rotted beyond belief.i need a donor frame and body to put the dodge heart in.318 v8 engines for life!!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jul 09, 2021, 12:48 PM »
I'm not really a brand loyalist, so I've had a variety of brands with fairly long lifespans. The Geo was great, other than the front end rusted out with about 140k on it. It dropped an A-arm coming home from work one day... that was exciting.

Before that was a Jeep that had about 260k on it. It still ran fine, it was just developing a lot of electrical problems that I was tired of dealing with. Had a Chevy Cavalier than cracked the block around 275k before that, and a Suzuki Samurai that I broke an axle shaft on around 325k before that.

I also had a 73 Ford 3/4 ton in there, but that was more of a toy that I put together. I actually have no idea how many miles were on it, because the odometer was dead when I got it. I just got tired of feeding it 93 octane when gas was $4.50 a gallon, and I had a newborn money magnet at the time.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Jul 09, 2021, 02:14 PM »
My VW TDI now has 420k miles on it. The Ford Explorer has 211k. This Covid has made me loose 8 pounds in one week. Nothing tastes right and I constantly have a bad taste in my mouth.
<===Lefty===

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jul 09, 2021, 03:04 PM »
My VW TDI now has 420k miles on it. The Ford Explorer has 211k. This Covid has made me loose 8 pounds in one week. Nothing tastes right and I constantly have a bad taste in my mouth.
If you have the funky taste that bad, it'll probably be sticking around a while. My cousin took a couple months to get her normal sense of taste back.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #52 on: Jul 09, 2021, 03:18 PM »
I ended up losing over 40lbs and another 10 when my intestine developed a abcess.no appetite at all with covid.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #53 on: Jul 09, 2021, 03:21 PM »
That reminds me of some of the hospital food we used to get served while working there.....had to lick yer butt to get the taste of it outta yer mouth.  :sick: :roflmao:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Jul 11, 2021, 06:52 PM »
SO my Oxygen levels where low this morning and the wife made me go to the ER. Spent 3 1/2 hours down there. Had 2 blood draws a Chest Xray and then they took me in for a cat Scan. I now have Pneumonia on each side of my chest.  Didn't think they were going to let me go but they did. I am on some antibiotics. I guess the reason for the first Xray was because Covid give a False positive that I had blood clots. Covid also gave me the Pneumonia.
<===Lefty===

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #55 on: Jul 11, 2021, 08:46 PM »
Lefty2053 sorry to hear about the pneumonia may the antibiotics help you recover from it also may you turn the corner to the positive soon on getting over the Covid.
 Steve

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jul 11, 2021, 11:27 PM »
lefty,
You gotta get over that 💩! The fish are missing y’all, and there ain’t no future in it!
Get better soon! Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Jul 12, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Thanks guys, I sure would like to be over this crap.
<===Lefty===

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #58 on: Jul 12, 2021, 07:42 AM »
Ah jeez....sorry to hear that lefty. Take it EASY; pneumonia is nothing to fool with, trust me. Nothing to do that can't wait, except to get better. Hang in there, bud!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #59 on: Jul 13, 2021, 06:24 AM »
Lefty, sorry to read all the nasty symptoms you’ve been dealing with…hope your seeing some relief today, sending best wishes your way Sir!   :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.