Author Topic: Frabill Magnum Bait station Latch replacement  (Read 6018 times)

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabill Magnum Bait station Latch replacement
« on: Feb 02, 2021, 10:10 AM »
I just got the Frabill Magnum Bait Station (19qt) for Christmas.  One of the latches that holds the lid closed snapped for no real good reason.  I emailed and called Frabill (Plano) and haven't gotten anywhere.  Has anyone else ran  into this? Any ideas for replacements? The thing is brand new I'd really like to get it back  to working order.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Frabill Magnum Bait station Latch replacement
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2021, 01:51 PM »
That's why I made my own. Saw that happen more than once on those. Good luck with their customer service; I hope they take care of ya. Heard they aren't real great.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2021, 02:20 PM »
I have the Frabill H20 minnow cooler (what they had before the magnum bait station.) I had a latch break and called Frabill.  They were super helpful and sent me two, in case another one breaks. Call them again. I had to call them another time when my net broke. They sent me a replacement.

Offline Sherpa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2021, 02:54 PM »
I emailed Frabill about my 19 and no response. I had to call them. 

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2021, 02:55 PM »
I would call again.  I believe if have proof of purchase they have warranty for a year.   Have 2 19qt been good but the aerator on one is not up to par of other one.
Just enjoying life

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2021, 04:24 PM »
In 2019 I had a problem with my HB Helix. Out of warranty. Customer service said nothing they could do. I asked for President contact info and voila they fixed my problem. I told the gal I did not blame her but I thought their customer service sucked. She got it fixed.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2021, 04:26 PM »
Good luck! When you do get through to frabill you will meet the rudest people on earth.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2021, 07:00 PM »
I needed a couple of line guides and a couple of the part the flag rests on for my rail style tip-ups. Was on hold almost 2 hours to find out they have no perts available and all their stuff is made in china, no number to even call there for replacement parts. Wont buy any more from them.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2021, 01:24 PM »
They don't have any tipup parts because they are made in China.  Other things like the bait station that they have parts for, they will send you.  Call them again.  If the person is rude, hang up and call again until you get the right person.  They aren't all rude.

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2021, 07:08 PM »
I ended up getting someone on the phone. He said they are totally out of stock on the latches. When they get them they will send me one and took my info. I have about 0 confidence in will ever see one.
I think I'm going to go to the hardware store and try to come up with another solution. These latches should be rubber for cold weather.....poor design

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2021, 09:46 AM »
I had a much better experience with Frabill. I bought their Bait Station bucket. It is an insulated 6-8 gallon bucket with built in air and stone that works great. Out on the ice on a very cold day the batteries died and air stopped so the top of the water froze up about an inch thick fast. Trying to break the ice to get bait I ended up breaking the styrofoam inside liner into chunks. I called Frabill and in a week I had a new liner for my bucket. Now I bring spare batteries with me and on very cold nights I bring the bucket in the pop up so it doesn't freeze up.
Hope they take care of you like they took care of me. Can you post a picture of the faulty latch?

If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2021, 12:50 PM »
Just be patient. If you don't get a latch within about a month or so, call them back.  Those things are about 80 bucks.  I sure as hell wouldn't be jerry-rigging something that may ruin it.

Offline burtmcgurt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Aug 07, 2021, 06:03 AM »
I had a similar situation, latch broke early this past season. It worked well enough - I used a cam strap for extra security on longer trips.

I’ve been calling for a few months only to be told they were out of stock.  Last week though they were in stock and sent me one for free. Arrived and installed yesterday.

I thought there customer service was pretty great aside from stock issue.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2021, 03:54 PM »
I bit the bullet a few years ago and dropped the money on and Engle bait cooler. It’s been a very good purchase. Holding up well.

One thing I would suggest is get rid of all the absolute crap air/bubblers the industry puts out.

I was tired of using batteries, and accessories cords to plug in the bubblers.

I found this on on Amazon that has a lithium rechargeable battery, and can also be plugged in to run for $15. After using it….I’m going to buy another. Thing last about a day on one charge. Has a setting to do a purge aeration every so often vs a constant run. Cost $15 vs the $40 clam wanted. Hands down was thee best purchase I made for ice fishing last winter.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 08, 2021, 03:56 PM »
Just be patient. If you don't get a latch within about a month or so, call them back.  Those things are about 80 bucks.  I sure as hell wouldn't be jerry-rigging something that may ruin it.

X2 tell them if it is a warranty product they need to replace the whole thing if they can’t give u the part

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.