The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Great couple hours on the ice  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Nmcbean413

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It ain’t over till it’s over
Great couple hours on the ice
« on: Mar 22, 2021, 07:59 PM »
So today it was beautiful out. I took my tip ups and spud and walked to fish pond down the street from me Since I caught a respectable pickerel there the other day and the ice was surprisingly good.

Today A lot of edges were gone but a couple still solid enough to get on the 8-10 inches of ice left on the lake.

I was set up around 1pm by the campground beach. I made a small fire and while doing so had a flag pop. I got out there and she was spinning away set the hook and what was on there felt nice and got away. Whatever it was pulled out a great deal of line in a short matter of time. I was setting my tip up back up and the flag next to me goes off I run over and snag it and it happens to be my PB crappie!!! I was stoked

Got all my tip ups back in order and tended to the fire had a couple more run and spits.

Around 345 I picked up all but 2 tip ups up and put the fire out. Went to get my last to tips. While picking up my second to last my last tip up went off and screamed away. I snagged it and to my surprise it was a nice little stock rainbow left over from last year. I picked up from there and headed home.

All in all great day! Cant wait for that open water now!

FLAGGGG!!!

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Great couple hours on the ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2021, 08:17 PM »
Good going, Nat!

Offline Nmcbean413

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It ain’t over till it’s over
Re: Great couple hours on the ice
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2021, 08:26 PM »
Good going, Nate!