Author Topic: Otter Pro Sled Medium Combo  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Dooger

• IceShanty Rookie
Otter Pro Sled Medium Combo
« on: Mar 14, 2021, 10:48 PM »
Can I get a bit of info/help, please?

I’m looking at the sled combo in the title and can’t find one to look at in person.  I’m wondering if the tow hitch folds back over the sled or if it’s removed easily at the end of the day??? I have a 5.5’ F-150 bed and the sled itself cuts it close being 65” without the hitch. 

Thanks in advance!

Offline Old Yellaw

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Otter Pro Sled Medium Combo
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2021, 06:14 AM »
Otter makes a bracket that attaches to the hitch , remove pins and folds over the sleigh.
https://riversideoutdoors.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=60

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2021, 06:18 AM »
Otter makes two hitch attachments. One is just a straight to the sled hitch you would have to remove and the other is a fold over and under the cover optional gadget for the straight hitch. I have both and like them.

https://www.otteroutdoors.com/product/hitch-pivot/
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2021, 08:26 AM »
If your pulling by hand ..its a bear ..suggest a Shappel XL with Hyfax or definatly get the Hyfax for the Otter. I had the Otter ..great sled ..but extremely tough to pull by hand . I bought the Shappel XL added the Hyfax ..I could not be happier ..fits all my gear and pulls EZPZ.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2021, 09:14 AM »
I have the Otter large and the same pickup you have.  The sled comes right up to the edge of the back.  The tailgate closes. and it is going to be close if you attach any tow hitch.  You have your choices listed in other posts, so if you want to be safe and have more room, I would go with the medium and use whatever hitch you choose.  The foldover style looks to be a good one, but takes up alot of room.  The one that detaches would be less room. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2021, 09:36 AM »
I use the Otter Pro Medium sled to store/haul my spearing gear.  To haul it in the bed of my pickup I need to remove the standard Otter tow bar - I don't have attachment that allows the tow bar to fold back.  It's not a terribly difficult endeavor to do the on/off of the tow bar -- more of an inconvenience thing.  Without the tow bar attached my sled measures 65-1/2" long.

Offline Dooger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2021, 09:53 PM »
Thanks for all the info!  Keep any other comments coming, please.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2021, 10:41 PM »
I have the Otter Magnum Pro and the same 5.5 ft bed F150.  The sled is 75".  It fits if you put the back in first, lift up the front, then close the gate.  The towbar/rope attachment blocks rest right on the tailgate.  You would have to remove the towbar, but it fits perfectly.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.