The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: No written warning...  (Read 2180 times)

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
No written warning...
« on: Mar 04, 2006, 05:21 AM »
do you guys agree that if no written warning is given by a greensleave then its the same as no warning at all!?  verbal acounts for noting?  what do you fellow fishermen think??  - moose
flag up, tightlines; fish on....   -moose

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: No written warning...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2006, 06:45 AM »
Moose,
 If you get a verbal warning from one of these guys it IS a warning. Last year I saw one of those greensleve guys at A-1 with a guy that looked like he had got a warning from that officer already. It didn't take long for the greensleve to grab this guy with one arm and all the guys gear with the other arm and haul him away. Those guys have about the same power as a state trooper. Don't give them any crap. Listen to them, and if you have a question or problem call the headquarters with it.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2006, 08:11 AM »
if they warn you you can bet it goes on his report/or daily log.
 he would be looking for you again

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2006, 09:06 AM »
Wish there was more of them to go around.

Offline Golden Luther

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trophy Fish and Me Don't Get Along
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2006, 09:13 AM »
do you guys agree that if no written warning is given by a greensleave then its the same as no warning at all!?  verbal acounts for noting?  what do you fellow fishermen think??  - moose
So, what'd you get warned for?

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2006, 09:36 AM »

Man, if you only get a verbal warning from the fish cops,
consider yourself lucky!!!  And, you would be well advised
to listen.  They don't usually warn, they usually write.  And
that can include the loss  of all your gear.

If you are referring to your previous post about Mill pond, I
don't think that a DCR ranger has arrest powers but, they work
closely with Wardens and could also call local PD.  You would
have a hard time talking your way out of a trespassing charge
if the DCR guy is sitting there saying "I just warned him a
couple of days ago".

Phone the head ranger and try to get clarification on access.
Ask if there is some way of legally parking/accessing or if he
could look in to it for you.  You might find some allies with your
local fish and game club or TU chapter.

Best of luck,

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAGG!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2006, 10:22 AM »
yea, dont screw around with those guys. THey have jsut as much power as troopers. We've gotten chased by em on our quads n dirtbikes, lets put it this way dont run from em unless you know your gonna win. we've gotten pulled over many times, jsut show them respect, there just doing there jobs.Most of the time they just give you warnings then thats that.
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2006, 10:57 AM »
yea, dont screw around with those guys. THey have jsut as much power as troopers.

yep...they can pull you over in your car for speeding too

NEF!

Brian

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2006, 02:18 PM »
i dont see how i could get a tresspass charge, there are no signs stateing no access to the ice from there land, and they even moved the sign closer to the gate the day after i talked to the ranger, yet it still say noting about fishing or ice what so ever.  and you can fish the pond from there property(softwater), why not access the ice from it? its a public gate. they stock it too!  -moose

Offline flapjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another season, another reason, to, FISH ON !
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2006, 07:16 PM »
PUBLIC ACESSS, PUBLIC STOCKED and not one sign that says "NO TRESSPASSING" or "NO FISHING ALLOWED" one sign about a half mile up that states "NO FISHING BEYOND THIS POINT" That about says it all ! CARRY THE HUNTER HARRASSMENT LAW WITH YOU,  Moose your Fathers Brother, YOUR UNCLE, is the LT. on the Clinton Police Dept., What on Gods Stocked Water has you so worried ? Has the HUMMER W/ THE 50 CAL. been removed ? It has been written that the area has been returned to the public, I read it myself and it may be archived here also because I posted it when it became a reality.
I work all year for this ! PAID TO ICEFISH, GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2006, 07:43 PM »
yep, ill be down there tomorrow too!  gatta catch them lakers through the ice... i thought the rats fought good open water.. they go WILD  under the ice...  and  like flap said, there just ganna die!!   and you could even catch some SALMON!!!  landlock SALMON!!!   get r done!!!   -moose 

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2006, 07:47 PM »
In all states the game and parks officers have more authority than troopers .
In all states all water even privatly built is under control of game and parks .Just because there is no posted sighns doesnt mean it is accessable to the public .
My home isnt posted but that dont mean anybody can come in my yard or house without being shot at .
Warnings are a privelage not a rite . If one of these guys gave you a verbal take it and run like h*ll because its rare .

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2006, 08:19 PM »
your backyard aint public, the land i access the water from is!  if i can stand on it and fish it with a pole, dont ya think i could steap onto the ice!?  icefishing IS ALLOWED!!!   on this body of water, i buy a lisence, 50 some what dollars after taxes and stamps!!  and it is stocked..  but i cant fish it!??  phh   -moose 

Offline ThomT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2006, 07:12 AM »
It is just like that old Kenny Rodgers song You got to know when to hold them know when to fold them or just walk away.  I think you should do the later cause I going to cost you in the long run.  THomT

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2006, 08:22 AM »
Moose I can see your frustration, I've been a Federal Fisheries Officer for a few of the years I've been in the Coast Guard and have given many warnings. I hold people to my warnings cause I just don't like seeing people get in trouble. We definitely keep track of our warnings verbals are personnel written are viewed by 40,000 other Coastie's and other agencies. I would check and double check cause you just don't want to get on the bad side of those guy's they are the good guy's but they are only human.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.