The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Going to noyes pond sunday  (Read 4182 times)

Offline thecamoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A 12 oz and a 24 oz!
Going to noyes pond sunday
« on: Mar 02, 2006, 04:44 PM »
Big picks and bass--in tolland---should have a good group going--stay tuned!!

Offline jigmyster1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Going to noyes pond sunday
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Big picks and bass--in tolland---should have a good group going--stay tuned!!
good pond to fish. only thing it can be a wind tunnel pray for relatively calm to moderate breezy day. good fishing to all who goes

Offline thecamoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A 12 oz and a 24 oz!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2006, 06:17 PM »
Weather says breezy--Yes it will be a wind tunnel for sure!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BillP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2006, 06:21 PM »
where is noyes pond ?
Fishing + Hunting + guitar = MY LIFE!!!!!

Fish on
Bill

Offline thecamoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A 12 oz and a 24 oz!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2006, 04:38 AM »

Offline nemachuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2006, 06:19 AM »
Big bass and pickerel???? Yeah maybe 6 years ago.  Thanks to people keeping fish out of there the fishing has gone down hill.  Went once this year and caught nothing but 14-16 pickerel.  If I wanted to catch those I would have gone to Hampton Ponds.  Was a great place to fish but chalk it up as another fishery ruined.

Offline jigmyster1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Big bass and pickerel???? Yeah maybe 6 years ago.  Thanks to people keeping fish out of there the fishing has gone down hill.  Went once this year and caught nothing but 14-16 pickerel.  If I wanted to catch those I would have gone to Hampton Ponds.  Was a great place to fish but chalk it up as another fishery ruined.
disagree with  you on that. i dont know where you fished but i was there this year a couple of times and the fishing was excellent. pics in the 19-22in catagory and bucketmouths 3-4pound on a more than regular basis. there are also some nice smallies there but you have to find them.try a different spot next time. cant gfive youy gps reading but where you get on try walking out further than normal near the rear. good fishing

Offline nemachuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2006, 10:47 AM »
Yeah, like I said those fish, compared to what we use to catch, are small.  (Maybe compared to other places it produces). Pickerel were always between 18-24 inches.  Biggest was 27" (7lbs and released). Caught usually at least 4 to 5 over 23" every time we went.  Bass you were guaranteed at least one 5lbs and almost all were over 4lbs.  All the fish we caught were healthy, fat and well feed.  Never did you catch a pencil pickerel unlike now.  Almost never did you get a pickerel under 18" (90% are under that now).  Bass are not as fat as they use to be and I never remember catching one under 14". 

When did you start fishing there?  If you started in the past 5 years they you have no idea what it use to be like.  I started fishing there 10 years ago.  Now its not worth the time to travel there.  I don't fish in the front either like you thought.  They are the same spots as the previous years and by far the place has gone down hill.  Talk to anyone who has fished if before the decline and they will say the same.  5 years from now you will get nothing but stunned pickerel and small bass if people keep on taking fish out.  Take the big fish out and the little ones take over.

Offline icebeaner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2006, 12:04 PM »
I agree with you NEMACHUCK ! the last few years I've seen a certain few keep everything they catch.  No limit , no size , and no license! You know who i`m talking about. The wardens cant be there all the time and the caretaker says theres no talking to them. It`s going to be like HAMPTON PONDS!!! What a shame.

Offline thecamoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A 12 oz and a 24 oz!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2006, 03:18 PM »
I agree with you NEMACHUCK ! the last few years I've seen a certain few keep everything they catch.  No limit , no size , and no license! You know who i`m talking about. The wardens cant be there all the time and the caretaker says theres no talking to them. It`s going to be like HAMPTON PONDS!!! What a shame.

The nice thing about noyes--No motor boats-snowmobiles or quads-nice peaceful pond--I will let you guys know how we did! :thumbsup:

Offline Sodagut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Hey cammo, my son and I had a great time with you guys, already checked out your web site pretty cool, that guy with the pole casting into a hole made a great chef.   Your right about the wind up there, I dont know if you noticed, I didnt have to drag that big old sled I use back to the truck the wind blew it most of the way, hope we hook up again someday.
We walk on water

Offline thecamoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A 12 oz and a 24 oz!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2006, 07:02 PM »
Had fun--good to go out with some serious hardwater fanatics LOL--Other than the wind ---was a good time---Liked the aqua-view cam--SWEET!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.