The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: ARCTIC BLAST!!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline abbeys shanty

• IceShanty Rookie
ARCTIC BLAST!!
« on: Feb 24, 2006, 07:52 AM »
Bring it on...here on the North shore most of the ponds have locked back up all the way across.  Just in time for a good blast of cold,  Hopefully it stays for a good week or two.  Looking for one more trip out close to home.
Whats cooler than cool??  ICE COLD!!!

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ARCTIC BLAST!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2006, 10:35 AM »
with a week of freezing during the day and colder at night you should be able to get more than one more time in it is the same here in the southeast I think by tuesday everything shuold be safe I hope mother nature just like the redsox eventually they come through ;D cold rules  :tipup:
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline fishinfergy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2006, 11:51 AM »
Abbeys, you know of what ponds are safe yet in the north east looking to get out wendsday of next week? 

Ferg
Go B's

Offline abbeys shanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Hey Ferg- I go by Hood everyday,  It was atleast locked up with a good skim as of yesterday.  I will be checking Baldpate, and Rock ponds later today.  I finally bought a new hand auger, so no more fat guy tests, I will be able to get an acurate read now.  I will post conditions either over the weekend or on Monday.  If all goes well and your looking for some company on Wed. maybe we could hook up.  I will let you know of the conditions soon.

Offline fishinfergy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Yea definitely let me know i would meet up somewhere.  I went by rock a couple of days ago and it was frozen completely over so hopefully their should be a good base building up.

Ferg
Go B's

Offline mikeyc0203

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ayooooooo
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2006, 04:10 PM »
yea today me and big big rdg went out and checked a bunch of local ponds on the north shore...some of them that we checked out were skimmed but not locked up around the edges although we did find that 2 small local ponds were safe and fishable..probably going out to fish a local pond in lynn tmra..ill keep u updated on the conditions i hear of  ;D

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2006, 11:53 PM »
Thank God we are getting some ice I'm going stir crazy. My girlfriend got hurt at work and has been home for 3mos. She is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!  :cookoo: :wacko: Every waking moment I spend hearing about the wedding thank you Lord for the cold spell now I have somewhere to go besides wedding shows. :bow:

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2006, 08:21 AM »
how do you think this snow is going to effect the ice there isn't that much coming only up to 5" will that do anything?

Offline abbeys shanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Went by Hood, Baldpate, and Rock yesterday.
Hood- Open Water all over
Baldpate- Open water except the south bank where the sun doesn't hit it
Rock- The only one that will be safe.  The ramp was open out to the edge of the concrete but should freeze up by tomorrow.  Someone had been on it, there was a 2x4 crossing the water to the ice.

As far as the snow goes, if it is locked up it won't hurt,  Supposed to be really windy also so again, anything locked up will be fine, Hood and Baldpate are probably not going to fair well in the wind with open water on them.

Hope this helps.  Tight lines and be safe. 

-abbey-

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Greetings all you Mass. hardwater nuts.
I live in upstate NY and I did'nt know how spoiled I was until I had to drive out to Lowell, MA on thursday.
Man there is alot of open water, with the exception of seeing some guys out in the higher elevations.
I am hoping that all this snow today blows off the skim ice and lets the cold air do some work to get you guys back into the action.

Tight Lines To All,
Wellsy

Offline bassboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2006, 12:04 PM »
hey i think you broght some cold air with you this week is going to be realy cold!!!! :D  thanks man

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2006, 12:46 PM »
hey i think you broght some cold air with you this week is going to be realy cold!!!! :D  thanks man

:clap: :clap: :clap:........ :thumbsup:

I don't know BassBoy.......cold air + time + day off =....................................deep fried Pannies.  ;)2

Offline abbeys shanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Thanks for the sympthy Wellsy,  gonna get real cold for the next couple of days and that should hopefully harden up the shorelines on some of the ponds around the area.  Hopefully get out next week after the cold snap.  Just keep that cold air coming our way :bow: :clap: :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.