Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1685914 times)

Offline 77tech

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8400 on: Jul 14, 2021, 10:29 PM »
A hammer drill and and impact driver are two completely different things.  An impact "drill/driver" has a rotational "hammering" function just as an air impact wrench or the now common cordless battery powered impact wrenches do.  Most, probably all hammer drills have a select able hammer  drill function in addition to a drill function and a drill/driver function that has a clutch function normally used for driving screws etc.  In the hammer function position the hammering in in the forward direction not a rotational direction.  The hammer drill function is normally used with a concrete bit for drilling concrete/masonry. If you have such a drill that you want to use to turn a ice auger you would only use the drill function not the hammer or clutch function.   

Offline NEWLEE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then catch 'em
« Reply #8401 on: Jul 15, 2021, 05:57 AM »
Free shipping at Northland Tackle right now

https://www.northlandtackle.com/

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8402 on: Jul 15, 2021, 08:14 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of this place?  8 inch Eskimo Pistol Bit for $71 which almost seems to good to be true.

https://www.recgia.com/eskimo-35600-pistol-bit-8-quot-ice-auger-drill-adaptive-ice-auger-weighs-only-39?msclkid=bcad9f1c837a1d8d25a9ffecb73ad87c
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8403 on: Jul 15, 2021, 08:36 AM »
Bubba 110V Electric Fillet Knife Kit With Case And Blades-- 67$

https://sport.woot.com/offers/bubba-110v-electric-fillet-knife?ref=w_cnt_wp_0_17

Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m
www.Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8404 on: Jul 15, 2021, 08:54 AM »
A hammer drill and and impact driver are two completely different things.  An impact "drill/driver" has a rotational "hammering" function just as an air impact wrench or the now common cordless battery powered impact wrenches do.  Most, probably all hammer drills have a select able hammer  drill function in addition to a drill function and a drill/driver function that has a clutch function normally used for driving screws etc.  In the hammer function position the hammering in in the forward direction not a rotational direction.  The hammer drill function is normally used with a concrete bit for drilling concrete/masonry. If you have such a drill that you want to use to turn a ice auger you would only use the drill function not the hammer or clutch function.   

The point I have been expressing throughout this discussion is that it is best to use a suitable drill in the drilling mode and NOT in the hammer mode. That should be clearly understood by all at this point. Since I do have one fishing buddy who does in fact use a Rigid 1/2" drive IMPACT driver that he adapted to fit the Clam plate shaft with his Strike Master Laser Manual Auger bit attached I attempted to explain that it does in fact work fine for drilling ice holes. If this is all you have then go for it but he gets no extra benefit with the impact function and it does not appear to detract from the drilling at all. It is rather noisy like he is in a tire shop but otherwise he gets his holes drilled the same as mine and he does not have the extra money to just buy a dedicated drill as long as his impact one works.
This has been hammered here for lots of discussions, straight drilling is all you need if your drill has the required torque. If you drill switches between drill and hammer you don't need the hammer function. If on the other hand all you have is a hammer drill or an Impact driver they will get the job done. I have no idea what the long term use of hammer/impact function might do to the shaft, auger or blades but so far from what I have witnessed my buddies ice auger is doing fine with no visible ill effects. Lets face it, we all don't have the financial means to spend $200-$300 for a dedicated portable ice auger drill so if what you have works then just go fishing. I do know for sure that Brushless is important and that an under powered low torque drill is a very poor idea that will burn up your drill quickly. Another member described the difference between Impact drills and hammer drills very well, two completely different animals. IMO an Impact drill should certainly have a much more robust gearbox because it imparts a much stronger hammer/impact pulse than a hammer drill. I am posting a side by side picture of my Milwaukee 2704 drill with hammer function and my Rigid Impact driver. They are just about the same size however the Rigid weighs a lot more and I suspect this has to do with the internal gearbox.

If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline MTJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8406 on: Jul 15, 2021, 09:57 AM »
Ship of fools, that website definitely seems to good to be true. They are selling 8" ions for $60 and have clam insulated shelters for less than $80.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8407 on: Jul 15, 2021, 10:26 AM »
Ship of fools, that website definitely seems to good to be true. They are selling 8" ions for $60 and have clam insulated shelters for less than $80.

They are located in Vegas
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8408 on: Jul 15, 2021, 10:35 AM »

If it sounds too good to be true from some offbeat website then it probably is....Those are severe discounts.   

I get squimish ordering from any website new to me, but recognize my credit card company has always taken care of me.  My last purchase from an unknown was StrikerIce youth bibs for my wife.  Normally $150, on sale for $100.  (not that great of price for off-season) Website was GritrOutdoors    Arrived just fine....   She's outfitted now after buying a strikerice jacket from Cabelas for $75.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8409 on: Jul 15, 2021, 10:36 AM »

I just googled it as well and it came up as a potential scam site so I'm not going to order from it.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8410 on: Jul 15, 2021, 10:58 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of this place?  8 inch Eskimo Pistol Bit for $71 which almost seems to good to be true.

https://www.recgia.com/eskimo-35600-pistol-bit-8-quot-ice-auger-drill-adaptive-ice-auger-weighs-only-39?msclkid=bcad9f1c837a1d8d25a9ffecb73ad87c

That site has been popping up in my searches recently(last 2 weeks) ...especially for the Eskimo Pistol Bit ...couple things its Vegas ...and its ice fishing gear ...with stock being limited in general since last season ...and in particular the Pistol Bit ..S T A Y  C L E A R .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8411 on: Jul 15, 2021, 11:54 AM »

I would for sure call the number and ask about the item. Ask what model and year it is. Can't hardly believe any company in Nevada would have ice fishing stuff. Then there is the weird hours 10:00-20:00
<===Lefty===

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8412 on: Jul 15, 2021, 12:08 PM »
I would for sure call the number and ask about the item. Ask what model and year it is. Can't hardly believe any company in Nevada would have ice fishing stuff. Then there is the weird hours 10:00-20:00

Yeah, maaaaaybe up in a local sporting goods shop in northern NV, where you can (and I have) do a bit of ice fishing in a good winter, but certainly not clear down by Vegas. It definitely smells fishy to me, too. Caveat emptor x 1000.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8414 on: Jul 15, 2021, 02:21 PM »

Weird hours, google the phone number and they don't come up and the address doesn't show up either.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8415 on: Jul 16, 2021, 08:30 AM »
Reconditioned 2804-20 ...plus $20 of code :274198

$89.99

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200907748_200907748
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8416 on: Jul 16, 2021, 11:52 AM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8417 on: Jul 16, 2021, 12:55 PM »
Frabill XXL ice fishing float coat. $49

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L1YFU3Q/ref=olp_aod_redir_impl1?_encoding=UTF8&aod=1

Dont believe it is a floating jacket ..believe it from the Frabill I series

this is the float jacket from what I recall

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8418 on: Jul 16, 2021, 01:30 PM »

That address in Vegas is for a place called "street teens", a home for disadvantaged youths. The other Address is for what looks like a fairly nice hotel in China... Either way they are both fake...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8420 on: Jul 17, 2021, 02:37 PM »
$121 size medium Striker Ice Predator bibs.  Used-Very good condition StrikerICE Predator Bib

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075VBS566/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QDE16JAG1BVS6NYFF7MG?psc=1
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8423 on: Jul 18, 2021, 07:09 AM »
$121 size medium Striker Ice Predator bibs.  Used-Very good condition StrikerICE Predator Bib

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075VBS566/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QDE16JAG1BVS6NYFF7MG?psc=1
Gander still has quite a bit of ice clothes in Baxter. Way better deals than  this. All sizes/all lines.

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8424 on: Jul 18, 2021, 05:34 PM »
Gander still has quite a bit of ice clothes in Baxter. Way better deals than  this. All sizes/all lines.

Thanks for this. ::) I’ll leave my deal up in case people on here can’t make it to the Gander Mountain in Baxter
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8429 on: Jul 20, 2021, 09:27 AM »
If anyone is looking for battery banks or solar chargers, this company Renogy has some cool portable stuff that could be of value for ice fishing. 15% off sitewide and if you sign up for emails you get to spin the wheel for additional discounts.

https://www.renogy.com/?utm_campaign=Renogy%20Day%20%28UMuDVq%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Highly%20Engaged%20-%2090%20day&_kx=HCmj9NW_ZBfTmL9utt2z7vVKcgT7rc9HlWQNk3lVOzA%3D.HLdMzK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.