Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607409 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24270 on: Aug 02, 2021, 05:29 AM »
56* and they say some sun today.
WW, I did see some turkey chicks the other day, but only 4, have let to see a fawn.
IW, Lindsay and Rocky did come for a visit. Started with the storms about 3pm some couldn't grill out, stayed inside and played canasta.
Eddie, good luck with the mower. The lake is as high as it has been all year.
Have a good Monday and be well..h2l
Northville, NY

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24271 on: Aug 02, 2021, 05:50 AM »
The Halibut deep fried in beer batter at the kids was a big hit.  See there has been lots of notices of thefts in surrounding neighborhoods, and some vandalism to boot, on the neighbor next door web sight.

I better get back to sorting and packing.  But coffee first.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24272 on: Aug 02, 2021, 06:26 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....enjoy the boat ride tomorrow, should be nice out there  :thumbsup:

H2L....I have 1 doe with 2 fawns and 1 doe with 1 fawn visiting most days now  ;)

Ws....thanks for the latest video  :bow: hope the skies are clearer today  :-\

Eddie....did you get your transmission issue figures out on your truck yet  ???

IFF....do you have a target date for moving  ???

MrC....those swing shifts aren't good for anyone  :nono:

OS.....tomorrow's the big day   :clap:  will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sir  ;)2

TT.....fingers crossed MrsTT can get some answers this week    ;)

FH4....hope you made it to Ohio w/o too many hold ups  :unsure:

Quiet day yesterday until early afternoon when the thunderstorms started, picked up another inch of rain by the time it stopped  ::)  wish I could send it west for you all that are too dry :whistle:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24273 on: Aug 02, 2021, 07:30 AM »
WW, thanks for remembering!!! I thought it would never get here!!! This morning my "good" hip was bothering me from all the extra strain I've put on it! Once I get out of the hospital and get home, I'll post a note on how I'm doing! One good thing about being a senior is that Medicare sends out a home care nurse to help out!! Time for bfast!!! Stay safe and well!!!  :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24274 on: Aug 02, 2021, 09:48 AM »
Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

A much nicer day here with less smoke and a little cooler. They claim by Tuesday the winds will switch to the south and the haze and smoke will be gone for awhile.

Eddie....Nice to read the weather will be better for you and the crew. It looks like by next weekend we will be back into the 90's. I can't wait for things to start cooling down.

IW....Hope the weather is good for your boating day tomorrow :thumbsup:

WW....It probably felt good to have a quiet day after the raffle ticket sales. Any fishing plans this week? Any unwanted moisture would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

OS....Will be thinking and sending good thoughts your way tomorrow. Hope everything goes well :thumbsup:

I got a walk in this morning being the air looked better. When I got back I loaded up the trailer then went into town to put gas in the truck and 4-wheeler for tomorrows brush cutting at the shack. My wife always tells me I pack way to much stuff when I just go for a day, so this time I am going light :whistle:

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24275 on: Aug 02, 2021, 10:26 AM »
Well almost made my day longer yesterday as they overbooked a flight, my last one if the day, and were offering 1000 dollar credit to grab the next flight. Buy did not want to miss being here for work since they had the earlier flight delayed. So not much of a risk taker but especially when I am headed home. Well made it here and at work out here so far today. Have a great start to the week everyone.

Online Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24276 on: Aug 02, 2021, 02:55 PM »
HELP!!!  :blink: :blink: :blink:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24277 on: Aug 02, 2021, 04:55 PM »
That’s crazy Dave. 
 A very comfortable 68* ,sunny and breezy day here in the mountains… ;D
 Don’t worry you will have snow in no time… ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Online Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24278 on: Aug 02, 2021, 06:26 PM »
That’s crazy Dave. 
 A very comfortable 68* ,sunny and breezy day here in the mountains… ;D
 Don’t worry you will have snow in no time… ;)

It hit 90*.
At least it's a dry heat.  ::)
Just woke from my siesta.  ;D

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24279 on: Aug 02, 2021, 08:14 PM »
WW see I have to start over, my answer about a move target date got lost in the web some place, but the answer to that nothing yet as to a date.

fh4 ,Now I know its easy to confuse me, especially this Month and year, but your home at work in Wyoming ?  Or is it you have to fly out to other states for work ?

Dave:  So sorry for the heat wave up there,  Unlike going to Washington to fish and visit and getting hit with that heat bomb that hit Washington and British Columbia.  I was only think about visiting your area.  Honest  :whistle:  But as Dom said, Hard to believe its not going to swing back the other way up there.

A little in the way of sorting/packing for my move....notice....a little, or next to or closer to not much.  :whistle:

Now on the bright side.....the electrical problem on the Pickup kept distracting me, must be the thought of $$$ for Diagnostics, Well problem solved, managed to trace down a short.  :flex: :flex: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: so my head is above water again.

Could be getting an offer from an investor to buy me out in day or so.   :unsure: 

81* if a little cooler I could even feel like cooking up something for supper instead of more cold cuts sandwiches.

Will check back in a few to see how Steve's day went.

Take Care
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24280 on: Aug 02, 2021, 08:40 PM »

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24281 on: Aug 02, 2021, 09:30 PM »
 Good evening, pleasant day here with high in the upper seventies and not to humid. Like Eddie it looks like it will be a good week weather wise not to hot or humid. The apartment renovation must be nearing completion or major work is complete not to much noise today.
OldSailor will be thinking of you tomorrow may all go well with the surgery.
Eddie good to read you found several videos on your garden tractor's engine. To answer your question the tree work was only a two day job.
Ice Wanderer if the weather forecast for your area of NY. is similar to Eddie's and mine should be a nice day tomorrow for the boat ride.
hunts2long I'm still waiting to see my first fawns guessing the deer have found other food to eat so far this Spring/Summer and have not been around my complex or they are feeding at night.
IFF may authorities catch the thieves/vandals. Good to hear the pickup problem was just a short. Best to you in dealing with the investor.
Wallyworld enjoy the wildlife visiting your home. thank you for tonight's photos.
Whopper stopper may the weather forecasters be correct and the smoke star clearing out tomorrow. May all go well with the brush hogging at the shack.
Fish/hunt4ever glad you safely reached Ohio in spite of some flight problems. Have a good work week.
Drifter may the hot weather not stick around your area for two long glad it is a dry heat.
Raquettedacker enjoy the cooler weather should make working in the green houses more comfortable.

A good night to everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24282 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:03 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 55* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                             Marv.......Have a good trip to "The Shack", my the brush cutting go easy and you don't get to many ticks. :whistle:
                             Bud........I'm glad you forn the short and you didn't have to take it somewhere for a diagnostic test. :flex: I hope the
                 investor thing works out. :thumbsup:
                             Wally......Thanks for sharing the pictures. :clap:
                             Steve.....Maybe summer is finally here. :blink:
                             Eddie.....It's good that you found some videos on the engine repair, isn't the internet great. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
                             Dave......Your temperatures are crazy. :o
                             OS.........Good luck with your surgery, after today you'll have some pain meds. :woot:
                             Looks like our boat trip is a go for today.
                             The weather forecast for the next 10 days looks good, so tomorrow I'm going to get the man lift to continue on my pressure
                 washing and staining of my house.
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24283 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:21 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

60 degrees may see the mid 80's later today

Just a quick "Hello" before hitting the road.

I thought of a couple extra things I need to throw in, then I am off.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

IW....Have a Great time on the water :thumbsup:

OS......Thoughts and prayers to you friend on your surgery this morning :thumbsup:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24284 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:33 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 51* on the Hill this am, high of 74 today.

Jeff…yes, that’s my mower, the engine is on a 2013 TroyBilt Horse XP.  Have found YouTube videos to be extremely helpful!! Should be a real nice day for your trip today, hope you all have a great time out on the water!   :thumbsup:
  OS…thoughts and prayers with you today for the surgery and a quick recovery!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…not sure how we’re getting your weather here, but no complaints!  ;D  Hope all is going well at the cabin!   :thumbsup:  Has the bear shown up?
  Marv…have a safe trip to the shack, best of luck with the brush hogging today!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks for sharing the pictures, starting to look like Marvs yard there now!   :clap:   My truck goes in for the transmission work this coming Monday.
  Bud…way to go finding the short, glad that all worked for you and easy on the wallet!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve…glad to hear things are quieting down at the complex!  :thumbsup:
  H2…good luck today if you’re heading out chasing those walleyes!   :thumbsup:

We had a good day on the job yesterday, weather was perfect all day. Today looks to be a repeat which is nice as the area we’ve moved into will mostly sun all day. Finally starting to see some color on a few tomatoes in the garden, lol, picked a bunch of cucumbers yesterday and a few peppers.
  Plans this afternoon after work are to start tearing down the motor and see if I can find what’s wrong…have been checking on replacement motor. Well, that time again…. Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24285 on: Aug 03, 2021, 05:11 AM »
Morning all,

OS....thinking of you, hope all goes well and you're back on your feet in no time  :flex:

WS....have a good day at the shack, hope you didn't forget anything  :whistle:

IW.....hope your M-I-L enjoys the ride  @)

Eddie.....can't beat this weather for outside activities  :thumbsup:

IFF.....glad you found the short, now you can focus on the packing  ;)2

MrC....so far August is looking to be much nicer than July  :clap:

Got a bike ride in yesterday, perfect weather  :thumbsup:  today will be lawn day again  :flex:  then we're hooking the boat up and heading to Lake Erie for a few days  :clap: :thumbsup: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24286 on: Aug 03, 2021, 06:13 AM »
49* this morning.
OS, thoughts and prayers are with you today.
WW, hope you have a good trip to Erie.
IW, enjoy your boat trip.
Drifter, with that kind of heat, you must spend the day sitting in the lake.
The wife is getting back into the swing of being home. Seems like she has a Dr.s appt everyday this week.
Lindsay only has 1 day off this week, but as of last night didn't know what day it was, may end up going alone one day.
Have a good day....h2l

All you can eat shore dinner!

Skipper.
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24287 on: Aug 03, 2021, 06:39 AM »
Another mid 50's start to the day. It was in the upper 40's not too far north of here.

I had a dermatologist appointment yesterday. I got there way early so I went to a gas station to get a snack. The whole cashier area was protected with bullet proof glass. I did not realize it was that dangerous in that part of Grand Rapids.

Dave My niece moved to Fairbanks in 1979. The winter of 78/79 we had constant blizzards. Every time I talked  to my niece it seem to be raining in Fairbanks.

Earlier this summer the Governor of Alaska was on TV urging us down here to come to AK for vacation as their covid numbers were so low.

OS Praying that your surgery goes well today.

WW For a change of pace you might want to come to Michigan and give a try at sturgeon fishing. The season opens on the east side of the state pretty soon.

IFF It  is good to here that you found the short with out having to pay big money to find it
I under stand how hard it is to sort out what to keep and what to pitch. I am giving things to my kids or pitching things so they do not have to go through when I am gone.
Hopefully the investor does not low ball you on your house.  Houses are selling fast here. Some are being sold above asking price with bidding wars to get them.

Marv The fawn look's like it is old enough to survive on it's own. We had an orphaned fawn one time that hung around the yard for a long time. I put up a raised feeder for it to to help it along.

I spent yesterday after I go home from my appointment trying to dismantle the  wife's corner computer table that I planed on giving away to some one. I ended up destroying it so it will go to the dump. She had bought a used straight one. It  is  really heavy as it is oak. I still need to put the top part on it today.

I am taking a long drive tomorrow to see an orthopedic doctor to have him look at my knee and shoulder issues. No way will I go back to the doctor that did the wife's knee again. The wife finally gets her MRI done on Thursday. Then another trip to the city to get the results on Friday.

Time for breakfast and then get some thing done.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24288 on: Aug 03, 2021, 11:59 AM »
OS wishing you well on your surgery and a speedy recovery.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24289 on: Aug 03, 2021, 02:09 PM »
OS yes by all means hope everything you need to recover happens quickly for you.

still maintaining a slow pace, at sorting, amazing finding things I didn't know or had forgotten about everywhere I look.

have to make a shopping list, now the question is have it delivered, need to check if fresh foods are fair game to be delivered as its not cold out.  Guess I will find out.

What you up to Dennis ?
Bud

Online Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24290 on: Aug 03, 2021, 07:48 PM »
Eddie
I believe we were able to edumacate that young bruin.
After myself and the neighbour capped off a few rounds in it's direction it moved along.
On the weekend I heard a shot on the other side of the lake. It was the neighbour there scaring off a sow and cub that had been wrecking some peeps stuff.
In the past couple of weeks the game wardens have killed to bears in town.
Been a really active summer fer da bears!!!

Seems yesterdays temps set a record.
90.7F

https://cabinradio.ca/69202/news/yellowknife/yellowknife-recorded-its-all-time-highest-temperature-on-monday/?fbclid=IwAR2ukOHT6U8rlRW3RD8FYs0cvHCPCrBzVIWOufk0zZPMLL2iKnGWMeaYzQ0

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24291 on: Aug 03, 2021, 07:58 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

The brush cutting went well, the trails look good. One good thing about the drought is we were able to drive the tractor in places we haven't been able to get to in 32 years.

When I got home I checked the camera card in the backyard. I didn't spend a lot of time putting a video together, I was kind of beat. Hope you like it.

There is a doe and fawn on the camera. Not sure if the regular fawn found mom, or if it's a different doe and fawn.

Hope everyone had a good day. I am off to bed.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24292 on: Aug 03, 2021, 08:24 PM »
My work is in wyoming but have traveled out here to Ohio to help one of our sister plants. This week I am covering a vacation ad we are back down to one Lab tech out here again. Another long day should be finding the pillow but trying to get the mind to shut down sometimes is hard. Have a good hump day everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #24293 on: Aug 03, 2021, 09:16 PM »
 Good evening, another nice day enjoying the lower temperatures and humidity while they are in my area believe it is supposed to warm up next week.
OldSailor may you be resting comfortably after the hip surgery best to you with the rehabilitation .
Ice Wanderer how was today's pontoon boat ride. May the nice weather last long enough for you to get majority of the house pressure washed and stained.
Whopper Stopper good to read the brush cutting went well and this year's drier weather let you get the tractor into areas usually inaccessible . thank you for today's back yard video.
Eddie if you need to replace the engine may some one have the replacement in stock so you are not without a mower for a long period of time.
Wallyworld have a good trip to Lake Erie.
Hunts2long may your wife get good reports from all of her doctors.
Tomturkey may the orthopedic doctor be to your liking and able to help you with the knee and shoulder issues.
Drifter good to read the problem bear appears to have found a new home area. May you not see any more new record high temperatures set.
Old Goat may all be good with you and the family.

Stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24294 on: Aug 04, 2021, 04:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D.  Partly cloudy and 51* this am, high of 74 today.

Steve…this cooler weather and low humidity sure has been nice!  :thumbsup: 
  FH4…hope you have a good day and the rest of the week passes quickly!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad everything worked out well for you yesterday with the brush hogging! Thanks for sharing another video of the critters with us,will share that one this afternoon with my granddaughter!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave…thanks for the update on the bears, hopefully that problem is over for you and your neighbor with Yogi!  :thumbsup:  Have you had a chance to get out again fishing for lakers?
   Tom…best wishes with the Dr. appointment today, hope everything works out!   :thumbsup:
  H2…thanks for sharing the pictures, one heck of a shore lunch!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…have a safe trip to Erie, hope the bite is on….best of luck to you and Mr.WW!!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope you all had a great day out on the pontoon yesterday, beautiful day!   :thumbsup:

Didn’t get anything done on my tractor engine yesterday, helped out one of my brothers with some car issues he had for a couple hours. Hopefully this afternoon will get back at that.
  Not much else on my end, job is plugging along….first payday today!   ;D   Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24295 on: Aug 04, 2021, 04:38 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 57* and clear here on my hill, the weather is picture perfect. ::)
                          Marv........Thanks for he video, I think it's the same fawn.  :unsure: I was looking at the markings and I think they are like finger prints,
                No two deer have the same pattern. :blink:
                          Eddie.......These days, everything is throw away. :cookoo: Sometimes it less expensive to buy a replacement motor than buying repair parts. :whistle:
                          Wally........Have a good trip to Lake Erie, can't wait to see some pictures. :thumbsup:
                          H2l..........Your wife looks right at home at the helm. :flex: That shore dinner made my mouth water. ;D
                          Steve.......The weather we're having is what we should have had back in late May. :blink:
                          OS...........I hope all went well with the surgery and the pain is down to a discomfort. :unsure:
                          Dave........I'm glad the Yogi has moved on, smart bear knowing that it wouldn't be healthy for him to hang around. LOL :roflmao:
                          Tom.........I hope the new Dr. is the right fit for you. :thumbsup:
                          I see that our governor, Cuomo  is in some deep S#$t, it was determined that he sexually harassed 11 women. :cookoo:
                          My MIL loved the boat ride, around noon I dropped anchor to have launch and decided the do a little jigging. I had bought some rubber
                 minnows soaked in some sort of oil, made by Gulp. I didn't have my line in the water but a few seconds and had a Pumpkinseed hammer it.
                 I caught about 15 of them, but threw them all back. My MIL was impressed. And so was I with the bait, I'm going to try them during ice season.
                          My wife is taking her mother home today and will stay till next Wednesday.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24296 on: Aug 04, 2021, 05:13 AM »
Morning all,

On our way to the launch, reports haven’t been great but the weather is supposed to be picture perfect  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24297 on: Aug 04, 2021, 05:27 AM »
53* and some fog which will burn off.
WW, good luck.
IW, wife said I would be fine with the shore dinner, they also do burgers.
Fished for a few hours alone yesterday, never put a fish in the boat. Lindsay is going today.
Have good day and be well.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #24298 on: Aug 04, 2021, 09:08 AM »
High ER's... Short post surgery report. In at 6am out out at 2 pm hobbling along on a walker. Today is expected discomfort but have pills for that!! Thanks for the well wishes , stay safe, and stay well !!!! :thumbsup: :flex: ;)2 :bow: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24299 on: Aug 04, 2021, 12:00 PM »
High ER's... Short post surgery report. In at 6am out out at 2 pm hobbling along on a walker. Today is expected discomfort but have pills for that!! Thanks for the well wishes , stay safe, and stay well !!!! :thumbsup: :flex: ;)2 :bow: :bow:

Glad all went well OS :clap: :clap:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.