Author Topic: ice suit  (Read 14936 times)

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice suit
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2012, 01:26 AM »
Rodrunner, how did you get the suit for $269$ Did you get the LITE bibs ($159), but last years model jacket (99)? The suit is listed @ $329, I created an account and everything, hoping they would apply the "Ice" discount, but of course the items didn't qualify for the discount. So I cancelled the sale. What a rip! I have an Xmas budget and want to get the most for my $$$

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:28 AM »
Rodrunner, how did you get the suit for $269$ Did you get the LITE bibs ($159), but last years model jacket (99)? The suit is listed @ $329, I created an account and everything, hoping they would apply the "Ice" discount, but of course the items didn't qualify for the discount. So I cancelled the sale. What a rip! I have an Xmas budget and want to get the most for my $$$

He stated he got the Striker Lite suit.
<===Lefty===

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:37 PM »
Right the Ice LITE suit is $329!

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:12 PM »
that was there black friday or cyber monday sale

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:22 PM »
Just got my lite suit today! The xl jacket fits but the bibs were sent back for a 2x. I looked at the crotch of the bibs and on the inside of them were a couple black stickers covering up the stitching that everyone was complaining about. The stitching under them weren't torn but looked a little stretch. Wondered if they were from last year or what? Someone else's return? Who knows.

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:52 PM »
Did they have any extra material on the exterior crotch? The Lite bibs, that I tried on a month ago had the sticker also.

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2012, 04:48 PM »

My hardwater suit will be worn out before you guys start fishing  ...... ;)

Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
« Reply #37 on: Dec 20, 2012, 05:59 PM »
My hardwater suit will be worn out before you guys start fishing  ...... ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

Looken good Tom

Offline rufishn2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Warmest thing I ever went fishing in.My friends bought other name brand for $100 bucks less and thier in their clams with the heater.have not fished inside since purchase.
team "off all winter"

Offline BROOKIEGILLY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 07, 2013, 07:53 PM »
I am going to purchase a striker ice suit, I typically fish in temps of 10 degrees or higher but 20's are the norm wind is always an issue. I am wondering if the lite suit will be warn enough? Or should I go with the hard water suit?

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #40 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:00 PM »

I'd go with the climate; it's both suits in one
 the liner zips in and out
 so you can have the whole package when cold enough to need it
 and just the shell when warm enough for that to suffice
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #41 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:18 PM »
The climate is without a doubt my next purchase

Offline prestonc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:32 PM »
I use my striker lite ice suite down to 0.

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:37 PM »
lite!!! i have it and fish in the negs and am to hot i cant wear thermals with it..... but i must just be cold blooded..... to me i don't want an extra thing to keep track of zipping in and out and not loosing it.... if it got cold enough i would just put thermals on and be fine but once again still not needing them.... fished in -28 this year and i was just fine out side not shelter with t-shirt jeans and lite suit.

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #44 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:43 PM »

one other variable to consider with the Climate shell is ...
 the outer layer of Hardwater and Climate are made of heavier duty material than the lite
 so they should be a bit more durable than the Lite

Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline Jawbreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:52 PM »
The Lite is plenty.  I use it to zero and even below. I love it. HOWEVER the lite is being discontinued so many sizes are unavailable now. and a new suit called the predator will be out for next season. It's a marketing thing. It will basically be the lite but with some improvements including the material of the outer shell and pads in the knees and arse.  People associated the lite with not being warm. It's a shame because in my opinions the lite is the best suit out there. It allows for great mobility and kept me warm in 0 temps with just an under armor base layer and pair of pants. If it got colder I'd layer a fleece or hoodie. If you can find one your size, especially on closeout get it and don't think twice.   

Offline jeffmonument

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 07, 2013, 09:54 PM »
Ditto on the Lite comments.  No thermals ever and I'm plenty warm, I have never been cold in this suit.  I've fished in -22 plus a wind chill and I was fine.  Most days I'm fishing between 0-30 degrees and I'm plenty warm.  Over 30 degrees and I get too hot, I open up the leg vents and it cools me down.  For Spring ice fishing I don't even wear them, too warm.   I also snow ski in them when it it very cold out.  Highly recommend them! good luck on the choice!

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 07, 2013, 09:59 PM »
Lite for sure.  Was just out a few nights ago in 20deg weather with a 15mph wind, toasty as ever with my everyday cloths on underneath (sweatshirt and jeans.).

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #48 on: Mar 08, 2013, 08:59 AM »
Ive used the lite to below zero, and have yet to zipper the thing fully closed.  I get cold easily now (age and a result of some past medical issues), and find it warm and comfy. 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #49 on: Apr 02, 2013, 03:00 PM »
Greetings from Massachusetts. I've been debating on the Striker hard water and the climate coat and bibs. I'm curious if anyone knows the difference between Endora & Tusser materials? Which one is more durable? Each one is made of different materials, why? And which one is the newest design? Thank you! Keith  :tipup:

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Aug 17, 2013, 07:16 AM »
Just an fyi that the Striker Ice Lite line seems to be discontinued. I just got a great deal on one from Korkys.  $155 for the whole suit.   Figured that was worth it even if there are design flaws in the crotch   ;D

Offline Rwolff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Aug 17, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Thanks for the info, I've been in the market for one.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Aug 17, 2013, 10:06 AM »
They aren't being discontinued, I believe theres just a new lineup of them coming out for the 2013-2014 season. The crotch on mine has held up just fine and if it ever does crap out, I know that Striker customer service will fix it with no questions asked.

Offline chuckrudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Aug 17, 2013, 12:52 PM »
can't beat good service,

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #54 on: Aug 17, 2013, 06:47 PM »
They aren't being discontinued, I believe theres just a new lineup of them coming out for the 2013-2014 season. The crotch on mine has held up just fine and if it ever does crap out, I know that Striker customer service will fix it with no questions asked.

yep new line up , looked at it about a week ago , looks pretty good from what i could see , and tried them all on ,my next suit I'm really in need

Offline petrgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Aug 19, 2013, 06:57 AM »
Looks like they are now going with the Climate line, removable liner which looks great.  Couldn't pass on the deal for the Lite though

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Sep 16, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Striker has released one of their new suits for this coming season on their website. Looks the same as last years model- feature wise. The colors are a little different. Don't know what's changed besides the crotch.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Sep 17, 2013, 08:27 AM »
Tough to say, but it looks like the "lite" suit  (Predator?) now has added padding in the knees and rear end.  Would have been nice to see them put some 500D on the knees/seat/wear points.

All in all I still love my Striker suit and would buy it again in a heart beat. 

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #59 on: Sep 20, 2013, 07:39 AM »
I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a Striker suit this year. I like the idea of a suit that floats. Thanks for posting the link.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.