Author Topic: Good Taxidermist in Vt. or Upstate Ny.  (Read 1534 times)

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
Good Taxidermist in Vt. or Upstate Ny.
« on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:39 AM »
Hey all
Can anyone recommend a good taxidermist?  Want a replica mount of a 28" pike.  Thanks for any input.

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline adksavage

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Good Taxidermist in Vt. or Upstate Ny.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:50 AM »
Upstate NY... I only go to Adirondack Wildlife Studio. Mike does great work. 1038 St.Hwy. 10 Caroga Lake, Ny 12032. 518-835-8014 He also has a web site. www.adirondackwildlife sudio.com. [email protected] for email
Good Luck and congrats.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Fabulous Fins
Craven Rd
Delanson, NY 12053
518-895-8304

This guy has done a lot of work for me and my family. I highly recommend him. Affordable and all his mounts come out spectacular.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline esmith3102

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:30 PM »
  Are you looking to have a mold and replica of your fish or did you release your Pike and looking to have a replica close to what you caught.  I don't know what you are looking to spend for a quality piece but I would recommend Rick Crane.  He is not in New York or Vermont but I can say his work is top quality.  I do taxidermy myself but I am in Colorado.  Contact info for Rick :  Anglers Artistry
                                                                      312 Cherstefield Road
                                                                      Hinsdale, NH  03451
                                                                      606-336-7296
                                                                      [email protected]

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Twice in one winter, how about that!

http://www.petelajoietaxidermist.com/

Know he is the best of the best with critters maybe someone here had a fish done by him?

Offline devangelista

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2011, 02:55 PM »
The only place to go is to True Life Taxidermy, Middletown, NY. Go see Bob Vitro and tell him I sent you. He and his team do incredible work.

Offline Rubberdaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:11 PM »
I used Angling Artisans Unlimited for my replicas and they came out great.
http://anglingartisan.webs.com/warmwatergallery.htm
Richard Benedict Jr is the artist and I beleive he's in Rochester, NY  (585)-659-8653

[img][/img]

He did the three mounts with the plaques and they are all replicas. I also got them within four months of my order. Good luck with your mounts

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.