Author Topic: strikemaster polar suit  (Read 2548 times)

Offline iceslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
strikemaster polar suit
« on: Dec 14, 2006, 03:59 PM »
does anyone have this suit? or have any info on it? for only $200.00 its alot less than some of the other suits
is it insulated enough for all day? also does it run big or is more fitted ???

Offline icetechy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Give him room Brodie"
Re: strikemaster polar suit
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2006, 05:52 PM »
I like it Slammer.  Wore it in the boat once and the parka is warm but the pants are basically a shell. Knees are padded and water proof. I am XXL and I figured they would be running large like the Ice Armor suits and I was right the XL I have fit's perfect.  No ice test yet but you will need to wear something like fleece or sweat pants under the bibs. I usually wear a hooded sweatshirt with the parka and it was fine.  I am 6' and 230 pounds.  If you do buy it I suggest you treat the fabric with 100% silicone you can buy in the Walmart camping section it will definitely help the outer shell.  One can treated my bibs and the top 3 sections of my FT Pro.  Good Luck...
Tim Rogers

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:58 PM »
If you order them through Strikemaster the shippiong is free on purchases over $20........ Write to them on their website or call and have them send you a catalog. Phone- #763-263-8999. Ask for Jennifer. I bought some stuff from them and am very pleased with quality, price and warmth. Also ask for the ICE-SENTIALS catalog. Good Luck.
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2010, 10:55 PM »
I purchased the bibs and parka combo. I put them to the test in -26 degree wind chill last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised and did not get the least bit cold, nor did the wind cut through the fabric. They are very durable and waterproof. Very impressed with this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for icefishing specific gear.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline VENT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:09 PM »
i ordered the polar parka thru "glens outdoors". i'm 6'4, 250, with a 50" chest. knowing better & like a moron, i ordered the xl parka which, according to their chart, would be 1 size larger for my measurements. i could only wear a t-shirt underneath. sent it back & traded for a 2xl. fits awesome! i can wear a shirt & hooded sweatshirt underneath & still have excellent range of motion. parka is great & looks great. nicely made. i'll be getting the bibs next year. couldnt beat the price from glens either ($102). great company to deal with

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.