Author Topic: rental or sale of battery powered depth finder  (Read 1591 times)

Offline dexterw

• IceShanty Rookie
rental or sale of battery powered depth finder
« on: Jun 04, 2016, 03:06 PM »
I'm going to Canada and need a portable depth finder for a week.  Would anybody be willing to rent me their depth finder.  I would be glad to give a damage deposit to cover the depth finder should something happen.
Thanks for your help

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: rental or sale of battery powered depth finder
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2016, 02:23 AM »
Hello dexterw welcome to Ice Shanty . If you would please be so kind as to update your profile with your general location it would be appreciated by other members. It helps us when answering questions you may post. Now to get to your question if you need the portable depth finder for an open water trip I suggest joining Ice Shanty's sister web site My Fish Finder.com it is free to join and you will find much more activity on that web site at this time of year. If you are already planning for a ice fishing trip I suggest posting your question in the community/board you plan to visit. Also ask if any bait tackle stores in the area rent fish finders. If you are looking to buy a fish finder for ice fishing usage Vexilar sells reconditioned units.Also check Craigslist and Amazon you  might find a good deal on either web site.
Steve

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2016, 12:13 PM »
New Windsor NY, is that kinda an uppity place??

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Flashers hold their value pretty well. If you don't find anyone willing to rent, you could buy one (new or used) and then sell it when you are done. Might take a little hit but it would be about the same as renting one.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2016, 05:26 PM »
Mr. Hermdog, would you consider it rude if I were to ask you if the people of Angola, IN were a bunch of knuckle-dragging white trash simply because you had written a post containing poor sentence structure, spelling and grammar?  It would seem your question to Mr. Clean was based solely on his intelligent writing style, good grammar and excellent spelling, inferring that if you can write well and spell, you judged that he must be uppity or from an "uppity place"?  Would you care to elaborate on the basis of your question to Mr. Clean?  Perhaps you had some pre-conceived notion of New Windsor, NY?  or is Angola, Indiana is really full of knuckle-dragging white trash?
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2016, 05:34 PM »
^ like.

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2016, 05:45 PM »
Mr. Hermdog, would you consider it rude if I were to ask you if the people of Angola, IN were a bunch of knuckle-dragging white trash simply because you had written a post containing poor sentence structure, spelling and grammar?  It would seem your question to Mr. clean was based solely on his intelligent writing style, good grammar and excellent spelling, inferring that if you can write well and spell, you judged that he must be uppity or from an "uppity place"?  Would you care to elaborate on the basis of your question to Mr. Clean?  Perhaps  you had some pre-conceived notions of New Windsor, NY?  or is Angola, Indiana is really full of knuckle-dragging white trash?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       X2, Mark !!  :woot: :icefish:                                                  WB

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2016, 05:54 PM »
 Back to the OP's problem... I think there are APPS that you can somehow use with a smart phone now too. I have no idea how they work or the cost (I'm happy with my flip phone LOL).

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2016, 06:03 PM »
He can purchase the FishHunter Pro for $~$137 and have a unit nearly on par with much more expensive units if he has a smart phone.  Well worth the expense for a week-long fishing trip. 

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline bldfrt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 2016, 07:34 PM »
Mr. Hermdog, would you consider it rude if I were to ask you if the people of Angola, IN were a bunch of knuckle-dragging white trash simply because you had written a post containing poor sentence structure, spelling and grammar?  It would seem your question to Mr. Clean was based solely on his intelligent writing style, good grammar and excellent spelling, inferring that if you can write well and spell, you judged that he must be uppity or from an "uppity place"?  Would you care to elaborate on the basis of your question to Mr. Clean?  Perhaps you had some pre-conceived notion of New Windsor, NY?  or is Angola, Indiana is really full of knuckle-dragging white trash?

Most of your post is speculative, portions of it are hateful, and it goes on to include multiple grammar errors. People in glass houses...

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2016, 08:19 PM »
So you condone Mr. Hermdog's original comment as acceptable then?  Asking someone if the town there from is uppity isn't hateful and bigoted?  LOL.  I asked him some questions.  He can answer them himself if he sees fit.  Haters gonna hate...  Please excuse my grammatical errors.  I try.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2016, 08:52 PM »
LOL!!!! I knew i popped popcorn for a good reason tonite!!!

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #12 on: Aug 28, 2016, 04:45 AM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Aug 31, 2016, 07:55 AM »
Drama and its only August. Oh this is going to be a fun year if the ice is slow!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2016, 08:15 AM »
I'm going to Canada and need a portable depth finder for a week.  Would anybody be willing to rent me their depth finder.  I would be glad to give a damage deposit to cover the depth finder should something happen.
Thanks for your help

poor guy only had one post here.

i would like to know why you would only fish for one week tho and then be done for your the rest of your life time.

being you posted in june, you may still be looking to rent one. i would let you buy mine and then pay your money back when you return it after that one week, no charge to use it.

pm me if your still looking. (you have to have posted 3 times before you can use the personal messaging "PM" ).

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2016, 03:02 PM »
I'm from near Angola and yes, we are mostly knuckle draggers  ;) ;) ;) ;)
That's some tasty iced tea.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.