Author Topic: Sled mods done  (Read 3891 times)

Offline mossboss

• IceShanty Rookie
Sled mods done
« on: Dec 22, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Finished with my mods to my sled, a lot more organized now

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Sled mods done
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Nice job ..You planning on a Smitty or you think the weight will not be an issues ..I had my Jet sled.. same size ..out yesterday fully loaded ..although not that bad of a pull ...I know my Smitty would've made an effortless trek . One finger on the conditions I had .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mossboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2019, 02:09 PM »
Not sure yet will give it a try and see how it does

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Nice job there...lot of thought and design considerations in advance it appears. 

Was it difficult to get the pvc frame soundly connected to the sled? Is it more than eye-bolts with nuts/washers on the underside of the sled lip? 

Also, what material are the decking sheets made of?

Offline mossboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Just used 1/4 x 20 eye bolts and washers with lock nuts to hold it to sled, The decking is 3/8” plastic sheets

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:45 PM »
Right on...let us know how it goes out there.  I have so much crap anymore...might need some similar organization in the Jet Sled.

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2019, 12:11 AM »
Wow! Very nice job! Gotta couple questions though. Is that a 60 inch sled? Do you carry this in the back of your truck or on a trailer? I think a set up like this would be perfect on a 2 place trailer with a 4whlr or snowmobile. Is the green bag across the back a quad chair? Very impressive!

Offline mossboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2019, 07:18 AM »
Yes it’s a 60” sled, fits right in the back of my truck, made just high enough that when in truck I just remove the bait bucket and shelter and it fits under my bed cover. That is a chair in the green bag. I also made a hitch for it out of electrical conduit to attach to my  quad

Offline Finnt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2019, 08:04 AM »

Its a guide lite model just modified ,light and it fits in my jeep sideways and has built in seat on the end keeps everything tangle free and organized throw a hub shack on top when I bring others out. Plus I can load it up without taking stuff out. The milk crate holds the locator and my spikes for my boots

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2020, 04:12 PM »
Here is what I came up with with my Otter mini sled...

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.