Author Topic: The Slush Bucket  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
The Slush Bucket
« on: Oct 22, 2020, 12:56 PM »
Does anybody use, or have any experience with a product called the slush bucket (or something similar) for keeping ice out of your permanent ice shack https://catchcover.com/products/New-Slush-Bucket.html .   I am setting up a new shack and wanted to try some different products to keep ice from accumulating underneath and not making a mess inside the shack.  Thank you for any thoughts.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: The Slush Bucket
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2020, 01:56 PM »
I used one for years and it did a good job of keeping my wheel house clean while drilling. When I finished drilling a hole I would carry it out the door and dump the shavings. I let it go with my wheel house when I sold it last year. Another thing that also makes things cleaner and easier is a Slush Inhaler. I still have mine because it works well in my portables. Shove it down the hole, pull it out and dump the shavings in a bucket to be carried out when full.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2020, 02:13 PM »
Worked in it's time but electric augers made them obsolete. Watch Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.

Offline phishmonger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2020, 03:01 PM »
$75 for that puppy seems... excessive.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2020, 03:46 PM »
Lol, when I got mine they were $50. Back then wheel houses didn't cost $25,000. There is  brand of slush bucket that costs about $45 at this time.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2020, 04:06 PM »
Lol, when I got mine they were $50. Back then wheel houses didn't cost $25,000. There is  brand of slush bucket that costs about $45 at this time.

Seems like a homemade DIY project ..Rubbermade tub and a 5 gallon bucket .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Seems like a homemade DIY project ..Rubbermade tub and a 5 gallon bucket .
  I have seen several DIY projects to do this. Lots of innovative people out there.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2020, 05:45 PM »
$75 for that puppy seems... excessive.

I agree on that price being crazy high, I have seen similar ones much cheaper, just used that link as an example, was interested in seeing how well any of them work and people thoughts.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2020, 06:14 PM »
Back when I had one I saw lots and lots of DIY models, none worked as good as a real one. They are pretty heavy duty.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2020, 07:01 PM »
Does anybody use, or have any experience with a product called the slush bucket (or something similar) for keeping ice out of your permanent ice shack https://catchcover.com/products/New-Slush-Bucket.html .   I am setting up a new shack and wanted to try some different products to keep ice from accumulating underneath and not making a mess inside the shack.  Thank you for any thoughts.

I use one. Very good product to keep chips and snow from flying all over.  Due to the ridge that fits on the hole cover a DIY version is good, but not near as good as the real thing.

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2020, 09:41 PM »
The Slush Bucket is a great addition to your hard side fish house, along with the use of a slush inhaler it is the best way to quickly and cleanly get to fishing. No more wet floors! To see the slush inhaler go to Production Alternatives of Fergus Falls Minnesota. productivemn.org/product/slush-inhaler
I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.