Author Topic: Show me the mounts you use for hanging your Ice Ducer over the side of your boat  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
Looking to use my LX7 in the boat.

Was looking at the Scotty 140 transducer arm for $20, would fit right into my Scotty rod holder base. 

What do you use?  Pics are worth a 1000 words.

Thanks

You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline legend

• Team IceShanty Addict
is the picture of a scotty ? i need something like this for my vexilar....thanks !
I am haunted by waters...

Offline rundrave

• Team IceShanty Regular
little different but thats the exact same setup i use for my kayak and my helix 5 and it works great.

Is the arm on this setup going to be long enough for a boat and still get the trans ducer in the water?  Will you be moving or just anchor fishing with it?

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
Made this for my x67c a C clamp holds it in place

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That's a good idea mealworm. I have been trying to come up with an alternative to just hanging the cord over the side of my canoe. I need to come up with a way that doesn't drag the transducer, which distorts the depth reading.

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Does the ice transducer work well if you're moving?

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
No the ice ducers are not the best when moving.  Marcum sells a "fast" open water ducer, ($200) but I already have a HB688.  The HB doesn't have near the target separation as the LX7.  I have used them side by side when ice fishing.  So when stopped I plan to throw the LX7 ducer overboard. 

The photo is the Scotty 140, they have others, these are made for the kayaks.   This is $20 on Amazon, can't go wrong, but I do need to measure the distance from boat to water line before ordering.

Thanks for posting pics Mealworm. I want to find some way to drape it over the side without damaging it.  Drilling them holes in it would scare me...
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
Lowrance iceducers come with the holes already in them

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Does the metal bracket affect the performance of the transducer? Just curious?
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
With my lowrance x67c the ducer came pre drilled,

the ice ducer works fine just don't get temp or speed,

and no the metal bracket does not seem to effect anything

I built this set up to use on my inflatable sea eagle boat and row boats. The 1 thing u have to be careful of is running in shallow water,I have ran my ducer into a few rocks,still works fine

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
No the ice ducers are not the best when moving.  Marcum sells a "fast" open water ducer, ($200) but I already have a HB688.  The HB doesn't have near the target separation as the LX7.  I have used them side by side when ice fishing.  So when stopped I plan to throw the LX7 ducer overboard. 

Thanks, Royalwapiti!

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If I use my marcum in the boat it's for vertical jigging and I'm sitting still with the spot lock. I just throw it over the side. If your flasher uses a float, don't use it. It'll work better without it.

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Sub Zero Mafia Ice Team
Lowrance ice transducer have a wider cone angle too. I see guys all the time with it hanging over the side. Why not mount it through hull.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.