Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1405 times)

Burnsy

Hello All
« on: Jul 24, 2004, 06:54 PM »
Hey Everyone!

I was actually looking ::) for plans for a new shack for 2004/2005.  I have a shack now but was looking for some new ideas.  I came across your site, very awsome.  I live in Perth Ontario.  I fish mostly for Walleye, but have been known to catch a pike or laker in my time!  Who cares they are all good.  Hubby and I fish on Bennets, Pike and Christie Lakes and have 2 yellow Labs who love to fish as well.  Hope to talk soon

Burnsy

trapperdirk

Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2004, 07:24 AM »
Welcome Burnsy . I am from Ontario also and do alot of icefishing too .This site really rocks when the ice is on and you will get much info here when ice is on . Right now we are at the open water version of it and you may wish to join us there .
 Here is the link for the open water version My Fish Finder .
  http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2004, 03:23 PM »
hey burnsy...welcome aboard...see you here when the hardwater comes around...lots of great icefishermen...and as trapper said...this place rocks!!!....grump 8) 8)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2004, 07:23 PM »
welcome burnsy you will certainly lovr this site...it is not only fun and entertaining but also packed full of knowledge from the veterans who know all the old tricks to the youngstas with all the latest gadgets youll find answers from these guys with a whole winters full of wisecracks to boot!!!see ya when the sun gets closer!!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2004, 06:04 PM »
Burnsy welcome!  Two yellow labs eh?  Ya must be a good gal... ;D  Welcome on.  Can you tell us what style shack your looking for, or size?  -Barleydog
TEAM ALASKA

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2004, 08:57 PM »
Welcome Burnsy you will love this site once we get ice again.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2004, 10:16 PM »
Welcome Burnsy.  Also join www.myfishfinder.com.  Many of us spend our open water time there.  The format is similar to Iceshanty.  Lot's of boards to post on and even though it's a new site, we nearly have 1,100 members now.  So come on over, it's free!
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Burnsy

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2004, 09:12 PM »
WOW!!! Thanks for the warm welcome!  Love the Labbie and what a handsome one in the camo!  I have a shack that is 8x6 now, not a palace but very portable.  I have the base of a tent trailer that I, (I mean we, Hubby too) would like to do something with.  I found a small barrel woodstove at the dump and we thought that we could build it out over the tongue.  We use a propane coleman heater now.  This shack would be one that would be left out for the winter and not moved.  There is no top on the base so we would have to build one.  Mostly, I would like to just find the best seating arrangement, best place for holes.  I have an idea but its always nice for new ones.  Does anyone stay out in their shack? If so, how are your bunks? Fold outs? 

Thanks again,
Burnsy

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2004, 08:43 AM »
Welcome Burnsy, 

I don't have a permanent shack,  but as you should know,  space is always a premium.  I would make sure all my bunks were fold out.  Nice to have another member to the hardwater gang!! :D
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.