Author Topic: Rod  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Madcap_Magician

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing forums make me feel like this!
Rod
« on: Dec 21, 2007, 07:46 PM »
*** DELETED ***
My 2nd rule of gunfighting: "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.  Ammo is cheap.  Life is expensive."[/color]

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
Re: Thorne Bros rod warranty, is there one?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:38 PM »
They have always been very easy to deal with.  I'd just call up there & talk to one of the guys.  They are always very good w/ one on one personal help.  It may or may not be covered, but sometimes they make exceptions.  If not, I'm sure they would fix it for pretty cheap.  763-572-3782

http://www.thornebros.com/winter/index_winter.html

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I deal with them alot. They have always helped me with any problems I have or encountered. Lonny really knows his stuff about custom rods and fixing them.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2007, 11:51 AM »
I called Thorne Bros today and spoke to someone there about the rod tip thing.  Really nice guy.  He explained that the tip is glued on with a heat glue.  He said to heat the tip with a lighter and it will melt the glue and reattach itself.  If by some chance that doesn't work for me to call back and he will send me some glue to do it myself or I can return the rod and they will fix it for nothing.  I have no complaints w/Thorne Bros!!

Tonight I'll try to heat it and see what happens, right now I'm heading out fishing.
be careful when you heat it if it has a real thin tip. you don't need much heat. depending on what the blank is made of it could weaken it.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline bigfoot697

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:36 AM »
super glue and youre good to go.

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:14 AM »
Well, did you try to fix it yet?

Offline GatorBait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Jig it like you mean it
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2007, 03:29 PM »
You will have the best service given to you, I stand on that. Thorne Bros believes in their custom rods and will do whatever it takes to make their customers happy. They have too much going for them to not give you Grade A+ service.

Offline Icespud54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2007, 06:21 AM »
I use Gorilla Glue to fix my tips.  No heat need. The glue expands 3-4 time and gets a good grip inside the rod tip.  Have fixed the kids poles many times.

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:11 PM »
I just ordered one last week , they seemed great to work with ! If the rod works as well as the customer care I recieved , Im sure Ill have many fine years and repeat business from me!
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.