Author Topic: Clam Center Console legs  (Read 955 times)

Offline 11Mallard

• IceShanty Rookie
Clam Center Console legs
« on: Dec 11, 2019, 09:50 PM »
A quick search didn't reveal that his topic had been discussed so I thought I'd share a discovery/question.   I bought a Clam Thermal XL one-man sled last week and have been tricking it out.  I was looking at the clam center console today and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what the pivoting leg was for as I couldn't find any sleds where I was shopping that were the same height as the legs, and having the legs out at an angle to adjust the height didn't seem very stable.   I intend to use my console inside the sled between the seat support bar and front lip so I bought one, planning to just take the legs off.  When I got home, I walked past a 5-gallon pail and the light went on.  I hooked one end of the console over the side of the bucket and the legs were the perfect height for a level console.   So... am I the last person on earth (besides the two sales guys I was talking to) to figure out how those legs were meant to be used, or did I just stumble onto a creative use of the console for bucket fishermen without a sled?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.