Author Topic: Ice cleats for LaX Ice king boots  (Read 3855 times)

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Ice cleats for LaX Ice king boots
« on: Nov 22, 2004, 07:46 PM »
Just got a new pair of LaCrosse Ice King boots and my ice cleats won't fit on them as sole way to big. I wear a size 13 and have tried every ice cleat and gripper in 3 stores and nothing is bi :tipup:g enough. The guy at the last store said his brother had same problem. Any ideas or tips on how I can make my own?
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice cleats for LaX Ice king boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2004, 07:05 AM »
2 dogs,

I recently purchased a pair of Stabilicers in size XL, and they just barely fit my size 12 white mickey's.  They're supposed to be for boots sized 12-14.  I bought them online at Campmor.com, and they also carry size XXL for boots sized 14-16.

Stabilicers are vibram soles that have hex-head type screws inserted into them, and they strap over your boots with nylon straps secured by velcro.  They are $40 at Campmor, which is $10 cheaper than what Cabela's is selling them for.  Also, Campmor is one of the few places that I've seen that carries the XXL size.

I haven't used them yet, so I can't tell you how good they are.  They appear to be well made, and I have read several good reviews about them.  I've been ordering from Campmor for years, and I've never had any problems there.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2004, 07:44 AM »
Go onto ebay and type "stabilicers". There is a person on there that is selling XXL stabilicers for  $19.88 with $5.00 shipping.
Ken                                          

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2004, 08:35 AM »
Now you tell me! ;D ;D ;D

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2004, 09:35 AM »
I had the same problem with my Ice Kings. All I did was reposition the ice cleats (the cheap 4 prong style) from the heel forward ... under the ball area of the toes. I've been using them that way for probably ten years. 
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2004, 03:46 PM »
Take the cheap way and put sheet metal screws in the bottom, very easy and works great.  I never wear my boots anywhere other than on the ice so it doesn't hurt anything.

Offline Sturge1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2004, 11:10 PM »
I bought a pair of ice Kings size 14 and my Ice Grippers ( the sissor style ) worked after I opened them up a bit. I believe they are made out east sell for $22.00 retail.
 I had them on a pair of size 13 Ice Mans and they fit both.
Good Luck
Sturge

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.