Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Moorland pond  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Moorland pond
« Reply #30 on: Mar 19, 2013, 12:19 AM »
Does anyone know the open water conditions on this pond right now?  Wanna head up tomorrow for some open water fishing with a friend.  Any reports would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 19, 2013, 06:36 AM »
not a real good report. as this is second hand. 50 yds out from west end by aerator. ten foot gap all the way around but this could have refroze with our overnite temps. bring both sets of gear is about the best i can give you. sorry i couldn't help more. if this was last year i would know because i was the last guy fishing it on ice. first one wading the same day. now i have moved and don't fish it much. when you coming?

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2013, 12:49 AM »
I decided to fish locally due to time constraints and it paid off. Nailed a bunch of gills and crappies. Thanks for the info buddy!

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2013, 07:06 AM »
i would guess it was froze on the edge. because the north boat ramp is at brushy. might have to get there this week. wanna  share any tips on the bite. what no perch? :)

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Mar 20, 2013, 08:39 AM »
I think this pond I fished doesn't contain perch. I was using a lindy toad with waxies 3 ft under a float in about 9 ft of water. Little bit o' jigging but mostly deadsticking. I am located in sac county, pretty much between hwy's 20 and 30.

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 20, 2013, 04:15 PM »
they are in there. just not alot. and hard to catch in winter. come back in the summer and you get of 7 to 8 inchers. let me know when you come. i'll be out and fish with ya.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 20, 2013, 07:35 PM »
I meant that I fished a local pond and caught those panfish, not moorland. I will definitely hit you up when I head that way again. Is the trout fishin good at ice out?

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 28, 2013, 06:39 PM »
thought this one should be brought back to the top again, just got off the pond, ice was a good 4", caught a limit of rainbows and couldn't keep small perch off of me, was using a Swedish pimple loaded with waxies, they seemed to like when my jigging was large sweeps with 5-10 second pauses in between, they'd hit it on the pause, fish were all over the water column, no real consistent depth

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.