Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1628537 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16620 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

The morning started out in the 40's with Les going overboard, it felt great. Tomorrow rain will move in during the afternoon.

My wife and s-i-l took a couple days off to go fishing. Yesterday they had poor luck in the catching dept. After my tree job yesterday I took a ride to where they are staying and we had pizza and a couple cold ones. Today they have a couple of lakes on the planner, hope they have some luck.

WW best to you and Mr.WW, let there be a return like the last time you were out :thumbsup:

IW best of luck with your task at hand. It sounds like all your grand kids are well behaved :clap:

Eddie hope you have a good the wrap to the week :thumbsup: Any trout outings on tap ???

Being I wasn't sure when I was going to get back today I didn't set any traps. Tonight I am going to try and get one of the possums that keeps showing up. I noticed on the cards that the coon were missing, there should still be 2 that need relocation.

Hope you all have an excellent Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #16621 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:13 AM »
Good morning 9:45 crew! Les Humid brought Moe Cooler along for a visit!! They're welcome to stay as long as they want!!! I'm making a raised bed using what looks like a bottomless oval stock tank, and it's 8' X 3' X 1' deep!! It will mainly be used next year, but I'm going to plant some radishes, etc. I did this to get away from planting in hard clay ground! I hope everyone has a good day at whatever is on the planner!!
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16622 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:27 AM »
Marv if you want to see some interesting musky video go to www.michiganoutofdoors tv.com. They had 4 guys in a huge canoe fishing the Tahquamenon River in the UP. I got an invite to fish it from the owner of the store at the upper falls back in 1962 while we were at the same lodge in Canada. Sadly I did not take him up on the offer.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16623 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:53 AM »
Good Morning ER's glad the weekend is here. Everyone enjoy yours.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16624 on: Aug 09, 2019, 08:10 PM »
Good evening may everyone being winding down a good day.
Whopper Stopper hope the girls had better results today. The remaining raccoons might be educated to the trap and you will have to try a different method to catch them .Like covering it with a tarp and leaving unset for a few days so they are comfortable around it and do not see trap as a hazard. Thank you for today's video footage.
Old Sailor enjoy Les Humid's and Moe Cooler's visit. Best to you with the raised garden bed.
Old Goat may you also enjoy the weekend. You find any garage/yard sale bargains lately.
Tom Turkey thank you for posting link to Michigan Outdoors will watch it later tonight.

Have a good evening and weekend folks.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16625 on: Aug 10, 2019, 04:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  A comfortable start to the day here this am, 54* with a high of only 71 today.   :clap:

Steve/OG...hope you guys have a great weekend as well.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...thanks for sharing the link, will check that out this am! How’s the shower unit coming along?  :thumbsup:
  OS...good luck with the raised bed and the late veggies... :thumbsup:  The soil here is pretty bad also, lots of clay and rock.
  Marv...appreciate all the videos, they’ve really been a great addition to the thread...Thank You!   :bow:  Hope the ladies had a great day on the water yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  H2...safe travels to Rochester today and wonderful time at the reunion!  :thumbsup:  Saw a picture of a huge pike yesterday, apparently caught up in the grates at the dam on Sacandaga...had to be pushing close to 50”!!
  Jeff...did a restart on the computer, all seems to be working ok so far....thanks!  Hope you had a good day yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...will be looking forward to your report, hope it was another banner day for you and Mr.WW!   :thumbsup:

We had a pretty good wrap for the week yesterday, crew chipped in and we ordered for pizzas for lunch. Not much time spent at the Mansion job as his excellency was in town.... :nono:, but we did manage to get the footings all formed and ready for concrete come Monday or Tuesday or whenever, lol.
  Our shipment of cobble stones came in, 800 in total , so maybe that will get the ball rolling...
  Not to much on the planner today, regular routine with the yard work and a trip to the transfer station first thing.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16626 on: Aug 10, 2019, 05:24 AM »
54* and it looks like it is going to be sunny. I think I will take a sweat shirt with me today. It may be cool near Lake Ontario.
Eddie, there are some nice pike in here. You don't see many in the Summer. I have lost 4/5 jigs to pike so far.
Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16627 on: Aug 10, 2019, 05:46 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....we knew it was going to be rough yesterday so we went to Delta  ;)2  safe travels and enjoy the reunion  :clap: 

Eddie......does "uncle Andy" think magic elves do all the work around the mansion  ???   :woot:  any fishing this weekend  ???

WS....hope the fishing was better for MrsWS & s-i-l yesterday  ;)  hope you nailed the possum  :flex:  got this little guy yesterday trying to catch a chipmunk that keeps getting in the garage, guess possum like peanut butter too  :roflmao:

IW.....hope you had a good day wirth your granddaughter  :clap:

TT.....did the guy with the vanity top ever show  ???   the last drowning was a man that fell out of his canoe  :(

Managed 9 eyes (5 legal), 2 smb, 1 perch & 1 crappie yesterday  :)  no records broken but a fun day  ;D

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16628 on: Aug 10, 2019, 06:18 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 54* and clear out this morning. A nice day is forecast. ::)
                      Eddie............I like your description of the "Gov"  :roflmao: And Wally is right how does he think work get done, you have to be on the premises. :o
                      Wally............ Excellent day on the water. :thumbsup: What's on tap for the weekend, maybe a bike ride? ???
                      Marv.............I hope Jo and Jen had a good day fishing. :flex:
                      OS................Soun ds like a good use of an old stock tank, good thinking. :clap:
                      H2L...............Have a good time at the reunion. :thumbsup:
                      OG...............I hope you can enjoy the weekend. ???
                      Steve............We haven't heard much about your job lately, everything must be going smoothly there. ???
                      I'm trying to get some little things squared away before my surgery, today I'm descaling my heating system, flushing and adding fresh water
              with an additive to prevent more build up. And I mow my lawn for the second time with my new lawn mower, I have to figure the right blade height,
              the first mowing I cut it a little too close.
                      I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16629 on: Aug 10, 2019, 07:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Starting to cool down at night which is good. My wife is working all weekend because she’s off most of next week due to my surgery. She checked in with the woman downstairs and she’s having meals on wheels bringing her food.

Whopper Stopper, I hope the descaling goes well. Always tough to get the blade height on a new machine. Hope you had a good day with your granddaughter.

WallyWorld, Good to know possums like peanut butter. Looks like it was a good day on the water. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Is Mr WallyWorld enjoying not having to fix the truck?

Hunts2long, Hope you have a good day on the water. Hoping sweatshirt weather is coming soon.

Mason Eddie, How do they expect any work to get done if you have to leave every time he’s there. Hope you get out on the water after your chores. Is your transfer station a place where people stop and chit chat. Dating myself when I was a kid the dump on Saturday morning was a place where guys would be to discuss everything. Then it would be a race to the grain store to get food for the horses.

Old Goat, Good luck yard at yard sales this weekend.

Tom Turkey, Did you ever get the vanity delivered? Hopefully the cleanup wasn’t to bad after the tree was taken down. I couldn’t access that link you posted.

Whopper Stopper, Any luck getting the possum? Hope the wife and s-I-l have a good day. Are you getting out on the water as well? Thank you for the videos. They are great as usual.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water today. God Bless.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16630 on: Aug 10, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Looking to get to 80 with possible pop up showers today.

TT Thanks for the link, I watched it last night. I bet it was a zoo with 4 in the canoe. They definitely weren't afraid to work for their bounty. Good show :thumbsup:

Eddie enjoy the weekend :thumbsup: It has to be hard working around the politics :cookoo: We used to do work at the President of a large college in the Jungle. The on campus house could only be worked at during certain hours when the person was known to be away. What a crock, a couple of times we had to come and go 3 times in one day so we wouldn't disturb the person ???

WW like usual it looks like you two had a good day on the water :clap: The girls are having a good time but most of it is coming from camaraderie. Yesterday the highlight was a big fish story. The s-i-l hooked into a good northern in the 35"-37" range, maybe bigger :roflmao: Anyway before my wife could get over to help her with the net it got away :%$#!: For some reason the s-i-l had over looked her net when they launched, so she was really kicking herself.

It appears yours is bigger than mine :whistle: But I was able to add this little grinner to the relocation program.   

IW good luck catching up with the odds and ends :thumbsup: Don't let yourself get overwhelmed trying to get all the bases covered. I also was thinking it's been a long time since mr.clean talked about the store ??? Hope that's a good thing.

45 we had Meals on Wheels for my Dad when he lived with us. What a fantastic program :thumbsup:

Well, the cards were full of stuff this morning. It was interesting the time the opossums spend checking things out. I bet there were a good 10 videos of them coming and going. It seemed they didn't want cat food this time, but instead liked the raspberry frosting. I have to admit some days when setting the traps I wish I had a spoon with me :roflmao:

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16631 on: Aug 10, 2019, 11:44 AM »
Whopper Stopper, It is amazing how animals can be so fussy. My wife changed the bird food and they wouldn’t eat it. She had to break down and get the food they liked. I’m sure the possum will like his new digs. Videos are great.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16632 on: Aug 10, 2019, 12:15 PM »
Good day fellow 9:45ers ,another sunny day here only forecast to reach eighty will feel a little cooler with the wind. Seeing wind gusts in the twenty mph range. The store has been same old grind past few months thankfully no major problems or projects. Probably just jinxed myself with that comment. Little heavier work load with different people taking their vacations.
Eddie is the herb garden going to be a new feature at the Gov.'s mansion or are the crew and you repairing an old garden. I don't know if "Andy" is still involved with Food TV star Sandra Lee she may want the garden to have fresh and dried herbs for her cooking. Also since the mansion is not owned by "Andy" he is probably in no hurry to see work completed unless it affects him say like a major plumbing problem. ::) :whistle: Hope you can get in some fishing this weekend.
Hunts2long may you not need the sweatshirt smart move to have it on hand if the day is windy. Don't mean to be noisy but are things getting serious between Lindsay and he BF that he is making trip to reunion with you folks.
Ice Wanderer sounds like the new mower is preforming well sure after a few cutting you will figure out the blade height adjustment. Which heating system are you descaling the wood or oil burner.
Icefisher-45 nice of your wife to check in on the neighbor. Good to hear she is getting food from Meals on Wheels great program my parents delivered meals for our local branch.
Whopper Stopper good job on the possum guess the local wildlife have a thing for sweets. Nice videos of the fawns. May the "Girls" boat some fish today if still out on the water. Hopefully your SIL gets another shot at a big pike and has her net on board to land the fish.
Tom Turkey thank you for the Michigan Outdoors link a struggle to access river with the muskies but worth the effort.
Wallyworld may you catch the chipmunk. Thanks for the fishing trip photos congratulations on your catch.

Everyone have a good Saturday . Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16633 on: Aug 11, 2019, 04:09 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 52* and clear here on my hill, a nice day is forecast. ::)
                           Marv........More nice video, Donna likes the the ones with the fawns but is upset about the turkey with the arrow. She said why doesn't
                  it let someone pull the arrow out. :roflmao: Like it will strut up to you and let you do that. ???
                          Steve.......I'm doing the whole system. If I had just the oil boiler, it would be a closed system, unless there was a leak the water would never
                  change and the impurities in the water would only be there once. But with the outside boiler hooked in, it's an open system, the water will evaporate
                  and new water is added when needed thus adding more impurities and scale will build up. I do add an treatment to help prevent scale build up, but
                  there is some build up. ::)
                          Eddie.......I hope you had a good day and got some yard work done, then relaxed. ???
                          Wally.......It was a cool day yesterday but I saw a lot of bikers out, I hope you did the same and had some ice cream. :blink:
                          I-45........It's good that your wife's boss lets her work on weekends so she doesn't miss a pay day when she takes off to be with you. :thumbsup: :bow:
                          After I got the descaler in yesterday I mowed the lawn, I'm not sure if I like the mower, I'm thinking of giving it back to #2 son. I'm very
                   anal about my lawn and it doesn't look the same than it does with my push mower. Plus the way my yard is I can't get in to places that I can with
                   my other mower.
                          Then I took my wife to ine of the walking trail in Queensbury that she likes to go on.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16634 on: Aug 11, 2019, 04:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another nice refreshing start to the day here this morning...clear and calm 53*, high of 75 today.

Steve...glad things are going well at the store and no major problems.  :thumbsup:  The new herb garden going in will be replacing what once was a small old greenhouse in very bad shape and taken down.
  Marv...I could watch those videos all day, great stuff!  Nice job on the possum, that frosting is working out nicely on the critters!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope the ladies had another shot at one of those pike!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... very thoughtful of your wife to check in on the woman downstairs and she is receiving the meals, very good program.  Wishing you the best with the upcoming surgery!   :thumbsup:   The transfer station is exactly as you described...still a meet and greet for many people every weekend....hope it remains that way!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you got the blade height dialed in, seems I always get accused of cutting the lawn to short even on the highest setting, lol.  Hope the heating system is all squared away now and ready for another season!  Wishing you the best with the upcoming surgery as well Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...no fishing for me this weekend, grandkids were with us. Congrats again on a good trip and thanks for sharing the pictures, awesome!  :clap:  Not certain sometimes how they think we can get the job done when we can’t put the hours in...next thing you know, someone up above will ask...” what’s taking them so long?  “.  :roflmao:
  H2... hope you’re having a great time at the reunion!  :thumbsup:  Found myself wearing a sweatshirt all day yesterday with the breeze blowing...sure fealt good, like a beautiful Fall day! 
  Tom...thanks for the link, that was a nice video! Enjoyed watching the top water action with those Muskys!  One heck of a canoe to fish from!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Picked a few zucchini yesterday and my SIL made some zucchini bread...delicious!   :thumbsup:  The cucumber’s are pumping out more fruit than we can keep up with. Anyone who stops by goes home with some, lol. All in all, the garden is really coming along pretty good, quite pleased with the results this season.
  Breakfast with my Mom and a few family members this morning, maybe a few hotdogs and hammys on the grill this afternoon....R&R.
  Cawfee’s on...

Morning Jeff, see you posted as I was pecking away!  That’s too bad the tractor isn’t working out for you, they do have their downfalls with the way they cut appearance wise.  Hope you have a great day!   :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16635 on: Aug 11, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....enjoy the visit with your Mom  :thumbsup:  sounds like a very relaxing Sunday  :clap:

IW.....no bike or ice cream yesterday, just getting stuff done around the house  :-\  sorry the mower isn't working out for you  :-\

WS......what a cute little possum  ;)  all the backyard babies seem to be doing very well on their cracked corn diet  :thumbsup: :woot:

MrC.....glad work has been going along pretty routinely  :clap:  hope you're enjoying the cooler temps  :)

TT....great video, thanks for the link  :thumbsup:  hope the clean up wasn't too bad  :-\

Heading to hunting camp today to FiNALLY get that mowed  ::)   going to be an all day project I imagine  :blink:

Have a good day whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16636 on: Aug 11, 2019, 06:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Chilly this morning in the 40s when I got up with my wife who went to work. She worked a 16 hr shift yesterday and will probably work another one today. She’s off tomorrow and the rest of the week to take care of me after the surgery. Have another court date in September for the workers comp. this hearing i’ll Have to get up on the stand. My wife knows how much I like the ice shanty site and surprised me with a ice shanty sweatshirt. :)

WallyWorld, Do you have to bring mowers to the Hunting camp or is there mowers there?

Mason Eddie, That’s good the transfer station is still the same. Hoping once this is all settled i’ll be able to go again. Zucchini bread is delicious. My Mom use to make the best bread. Have fun at Breakfast with your mom and enjoy the hot dogs and hammys this afternoon.

Ice Wanderer, That’s to bad the ride on mower isn’t working out. That’s good you and your wife got out on the walking trail.

Mr Clean, Hope you had a good day at the store and there weren’t to many projects to do.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16637 on: Aug 11, 2019, 07:14 AM »
52* and sunny.
The reunion was fun but a long day. Got to see all the wife's side of the family. Lots of cousins, their kids and their grand kids. Wife's Aunt Mariane and her husband Al are in there early 90's. Her Uncle Bob is 88 and didn't get his deer last year, first year without one in a long time. He said the 18 inches of snow on the opening weekend slowed him down.

Eddie, my daughters BF had a picture on his phone of a big pike that was taken out of the gates at the dam. I got caught in the gates, and died. They said it was well over 50 inches and from what I saw it had to be. I have often wondered how many fish get past the dam when the gates are open.

WW, not a bad day on Delta. Congrats.

Wife may want to go to Saratoga today. Two of the items she bought the other day, the store didn't take the alarm thing off of them.(They worked good) She said you need a special tool to do it, I say they want you back in the store.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16638 on: Aug 11, 2019, 08:08 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Gloomy and wet out this morning. I believe it is supposed to dry out some as the day goes on.

The girls are back from their fishing trip. Yesterday was slow and they bailed at noon due to storms rolling in. They were both bushed and spent the afternoon napping.

mr.clean how long before you get to hang it up at the store ??? Glad to read things are at least tolerable :thumbsup:

IW sorry to read the mower isn't up to expectations. I really like my rider but my lawn base is mostly weeds ;D

Eddie dang........I love zucchini bread  :clap: :clap: Enjoy your visit with your Mom :thumbsup: It sure sounds like your green thumb is greener then you admit :thumbsup:

WW  Good luck with the mowing. Do you guys have a lot of deer flies and black flies?

h2l sounds like a fun time at the reunion  :thumbsup:

45 positive thoughts for your upcoming surgery :thumbsup: Those sweatshirts look pretty nice,  :thumbsup: to your wife!

Bud what's going on with you ?

This morning I awoke to Mrs P enjoying lockup

We made the drive for relocation purposes, changed her name to Emma and set her free :roflmao:

I am probably done trapping until more undesirables show up. The coon have been missing for a couple of days which is fine with me.

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Here are a couple videos. I hope we get more and more turkeys in days to come.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16639 on: Aug 11, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Good morning all, It has been a bit. Have been pretty busy. My garden is starting to push out some vegetables. i have two raised beds 12x4 and 16 -20 gallon food grade plastic barrels. Work has been okay, We picked up another Rottweiler puppy several weeks ago. Our breeder let us know that someone put down a very sizable deposit on her.  Then they had to back out of the contract due to moving. Breeder said we could make payments on what was left of her cost. So we now have Izy. That makes three. Plus our old golden Dixie. Daughters are doing well. Went through and read a few posts here. Hope all those with medical issues, see them clear up soon. WS- you should leave them Possums in your yard. They eat a lot of ticks, grubs and other nasty insects. Wally world that is a real nice Crappie. That is all for now. Take care folks.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16640 on: Aug 11, 2019, 08:49 AM »
Nice 53* start to the day. the house was so cool I had to put on sweat pants instead of shorts for the first time in months.

Today is the Asperger's grandson's 21st birthday. Most guys tuning 21 would want booze for his 21st. Not Seth! He wanted Marge's donuts for breakfast so he got a whole dozen. His birthday party is Saturday. He got his drivers license a while back so he can now drive himself to work. Amazing young man that has over come so many problems. Like most with Asperger's he is a very smart young man.

H2l Your wife has some great bosses that will work with her so she can be there with you after your surgery. Hopefully this surgery cures your pain. It is sad that your comp and disability claims are so slow moving. I was lucky 20 years ago as my disability claim went right through.

eddie I noticed the size of the canoe when they had it loaded in the truck. It must be a freighter canoe. it is too bad I never took the guy's offer to fish the river back in the 60's. Google Tahquamenon Falls. It has two different falls. Very beautiful place to see. I was walking into a small falls one time in the Pictured Rocks Goggle this too)  I met up with a gal and her husband that  graduated a couple of years after me that I had not seen since.

IW Sorry the mower did not work out as it is one of the best around. I understand not being to get in to many places as my yard would be the same. Mowing mine with my self propelled mower is todays project then back to work  getting the  shower base set in place.

ww The clean up of the tree is just beginning. The three logs are laying on top of where they piled the brush and fire wood from the top of the tree. I am going to figure out a different design for the blind as there are still some trees in the way that I can not cut down off the right away. My son bought a smaller husky saw than mine so he did most of the cutting. He was like a kid with a new toy at 49.

marv Have you ever tired to climb a red oak. I had a hard time  getting my cant hook to stick in the bark,almost had to hit the point with a hammer.

Time to get some breakfast and get the lawn mowed. Sorry for not correcting some of the typos. IfI make a correction the site is back to erasing what I had already typed.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16641 on: Aug 11, 2019, 09:40 PM »
Good evening,pleasant day here Les Humid visiting dew point and humidity level both in the fifties.
Ice Wanderer thank you for explanation on heating system . Sorry the riding mower does not fit your lawn care needs. Even if WS's arrow turkey was trapped it would not be a simple procedure to remove the arrow probably why MN.DNR left the bird alone thankfully it has survived and adjusted to the arrow. How was the walk in Queensbury.
Eddie thanks for explanation on herb garden. Glad your home garden is producing a good crop. How did your grandchildren's bean plants do this season. Hope you found your mother in good spirits and had a nice breakfast with her and the family.
Wallyworld how bad was the lawn at your hunting camp.
Icefisher-45 will be thinking of you and your wife this week .Nice present please give your wife my thanks for helping support Ice Shanty with her purchase.
Hunts2long sounds like a good reunion. Congratulations to your wife's Uncle Bob on still deer hunting in his late eighties.
Whopper Stopper good job on the possum. thanks for today's videos.
UFCreel glad to hear your business is going full force. May Izzy be a good addition to your family. If I remember you have experience training dogs. Good to read your daughters are well.
Tom Turkey birthday greetings to your grandson  good to read things are going well for him. Sounds like your son is happy with his new chainsaw.

A good night to everyone.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16642 on: Aug 12, 2019, 02:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The weekend sure seemed to pass by at warp speed...Welcome to another Monday!  ;D.   57* and clear skies, high of 80 here today on the Hill.

Steve...you’re welcome, crossing fingers we get a green light to work on the garden job today. The grandkids beans have been doing ok, carrots doing very well.  :thumbsup:
  Tom...Happy Birthday to Seth, he sounds like an outstanding young man! Can tell how proud you are of him GrandPa!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  UFC...congrats on the new addition to the family! Hope Izzy is fitting in well with your other dogs!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...nice job on Emma and yesterday’s videos, awesome!  That’s to bad the weather messed up the trip for the ladies, better luck to them next outing!  :thumbsup:   Are you planning on another bear hunt this season?
  H2...that picture you saw of the dead pike is probably the same one I saw, it was a monster! Glad the reunion went well....hope Uncle Bob scores a slammer this season, 88 and still hunting....God Bless him!   :clap: :bow:
  Wally...imagine you had a long day at the hunting camp, hope all went well. Good luck if you’re fishing today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you had some time to enjoy the weekend in between getting things caught up.   :thumbsup:

Had a nice visit with my Mom yesterday, we brought her outside for about an hour to enjoy the nice weather...Thank You all for the well wishes!   :thumbsup:
  On my way to the nursing home, I got behind a woman at one of the stop lights. She opened her door and placed a coffee cup on the road and then shut the door. That kind of pissed me off, so I tooted the horn. When she looked at me in the rear view mirror, I tossed my hands in the air...she knew what I meant. Do you think she would have picked the cup back up? Nope...she gave me the finger....so I gave her one back, and kept my hand on the horn until it turned green, lol.
  Forgot to mention....she was driving a BMW, so it was probably from Starbucks!   :whistle:   
  Speaking of Cawfee’s, it’s ready!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16643 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:08 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

67 heading to 75, with another batch of rain slowly moving in for morning rush hour.

TT you asked about if I ever  climbed "red oaks". I would hate to venture a guess but would imagine the number would be in the thousands over the years. Yes they have a shell similar to a glass vinegar jug ;D I was never to excited about climbing them but they are doable.

Eddie glad to read you had a good time with the Mom visit :thumbsup: I am only back to 2 preference points for bear, I still have at least 4-5 years before I stand a chance to draw.

WW I trust all was well at hunting camp?

I have a bunch of odds and ends going on today. First up is my mid-late summer hair pruning. Then a quick ride to the jungle and also a tree job to check out down the road from me. I have to try and stay within ear shot as the s-i-l is having a windshield installed in her vehicle which is parked in our yard and they want someone to be home ??? I don't get why, but in the next breath they give a 12 hour window when they might come. I hate a 6 hour work window, a 12 hour didn't sit well.

It appeared to be a quiet day at the cameras yesterday, time will tell.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16644 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out now for the lake. Will catch up with you all later. Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16645 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                       It's 57* and clear here on my hill, a nice day is expected. ::)
                       Eddie.........I hate people like that, you should have taken down her plate # and maybe a cop would do something about that.  ???
                I'm glad you had a nice time with your mother, I am sure she enjoyed the time outside, you're a good son. :clap: :bow:
                       Marv.........Sorry to hear the weather wasn't good for the girls outing and the animals, they probably were hunkered down somewhere. :blink:
                       Wally........Sounds like you were going to have a busy day at the camp, I hope everything was well. :thumbsup:
                       H2L..........Congrats to Uncle Bob for getting out a hunting at 88, I hope I can at that age. :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:
                       I finished my boiler descaling and put fresh water in with treatment, ready for winter, all I need is the rest of my wood from MW. He's been very busy
                here are some pictures of a big project he dis last week.

Everthing you see he did the shed , stone wall and patio. Now he has a lot of trees to take down, the stone for the wall came from the property, they
                had to dig them out of the woods.
                       Not much going on today here, I'm pretty much caught up on my projects that I need to get done before my surgery.
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out dioing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16646 on: Aug 12, 2019, 06:01 AM »
53* and sunny.
WW, ;have a good day on the water.
Eddie, glad you had a good visit with your Mother. The BMW driver still hasn't figured out why you were upset. People like that have NO clue.

WS, the "arrow turkey" must be able to fly. It has to be getting off the ground at night. It is amazing how wildlife adapts to thing like this.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16647 on: Aug 12, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day out. My wife is home today. She wants to make sure everything is set for tomorrow. Will find out this afternoon what time I have to be at the hospital.

Hunts2long, That’s good your reunion went well. Did you go back to Saratoga?

UFC, Congratulations on the addition to the family. Hopefully everyone is getting along.

Tom Turkey, Happy Birthday to your grandson. Sounds like a remarkable young man.

Mason Eddie, Your a good son spending time with your mother. When I worked on the Ambulance we use to pick up people who didn’t see their kids for years. That woman in the BMW probably is the first one to b***h about trash on the street.

Ice Wanderer, That’s good that you got most of your projects done. Mr MW does excellent work.

WallyWorld, Good luck on the water today.

Whopper Stopper, Hope they come and fix the s-i-l windshield earlier rather then later. Hope it’s not to big of a tree job.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16648 on: Aug 12, 2019, 09:08 AM »
Good morning again!

I have a couple videos to share. A lot more corn left overnight now that some of the neighborhood has been moved Lol

TT Forgot to extend belated Birthday wishes to Seth :thumbsup:

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16649 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:12 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Wasn’t to bad of a day Weather Wise. Have to be at the hospital at 6 tomorrow morning. My wife is worried because she’s going to have to come home tomorrow night. She couldn’t find anyone to watch Mr Dickens. Doesn’t like being 2 hrs away from the hospital. Getting nervous about the surgery.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing those videos. They are great.

I hope everyone had a good day and has a good Evening.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.