Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1687693 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #3240 on: Sep 17, 2018, 07:23 AM »
I just wanted to say you guys are awesome. Joined just to subscribe to this thread.
Welcome aboard!!  :thumbsup: Please put your location in your profile!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3241 on: Sep 17, 2018, 08:07 AM »
Here's a deal on the new Shappell FX100i
Sportsman's Guide has it for $242.99 for buyer's club members. They offer a free 30 buyer's club trial. Active Junkie has 4% cash back (and 10% at Cabela's currently!) at Sportsman's Guide. Add the Shappell FX100i and free 30 day buyer's club trial to your cart. Your total with shipping ($19.98 with optional $0.99 insurance) will be $262.97.  Apply coupon code SG3221 for $50 off and a total of $212.97. You'll earn 4% cashback (likely on the item itself only) for a total around $205otd.

Disclaimer: The Active Junkie link above is a referral link. It earns us both $10 if you're a new sign up. Use me if you want, don't if you don't. :)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3242 on: Sep 17, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Sportsman's Guide has it for $242.99 for buyer's club members. They offer a free 30 buyer's club trial. Active Junkie has 4% cash back (and 10% at Cabela's currently!) at Sportsman's Guide. Add the Shappell FX100i and free 30 day buyer's club trial to your cart. Your total with shipping ($19.98 with optional $0.99 insurance) will be $262.97.  Apply coupon code SG3221 for $50 off and a total of $212.97. You'll earn 4% cashback (likely on the item itself only) for a total around $195otd.

Disclaimer: The Active Junkie link above is a referral link. It earns us both $10 if you're a new sign up. Use me if you want, don't if you don't. :)

I just bought a wide 1 inferno, but that’s a steal!  Might buy an early ice shack......
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3243 on: Sep 17, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Sportsman's Guide has it for $242.99 for buyer's club members. They offer a free 30 buyer's club trial. Active Junkie has 4% cash back (and 10% at Cabela's currently!) at Sportsman's Guide. Add the Shappell FX100i and free 30 day buyer's club trial to your cart. Your total with shipping ($19.98 with optional $0.99 insurance) will be $262.97.  Apply coupon code SG3221 for $50 off and a total of $212.97. You'll earn 4% cashback (likely on the item itself only) for a total around $205otd.

here is the direct link
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/shappell-fx100i-insulated-1-man-flip-ice-fishing-shelter?a=2184747

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #3244 on: Sep 17, 2018, 08:41 AM »
just ordered my fx100i....cant wait to get it and start to 'mod it up' a bit...just a bit though, the goal is to keep it light....

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3245 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:36 AM »
just ordered my fx100i....cant wait to get it and start to 'mod it up' a bit...just a bit though, the goal is to keep it light....

What was the final price you paid?  I'm not sure if the free 30 day trial is really free... I read somewhere that if you don't sign up for the membership you have to pay the cost difference at 30 days.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3246 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Dang, Really want to get a one man flip over this year, but also should upgrade my pop up shelter. Maybe if I space them far enough apart the wife won't get mad   ;)

I'd like to believe we will see this price again or lower than this but maybe not?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3247 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:49 AM »
just so you know, the non insulated fx100 is 250$ msrp. this is supposed to be 350$ msrp.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3248 on: Sep 17, 2018, 11:00 AM »
just so you know, the non insulated fx100 is 250$ msrp. this is supposed to be 350$ msrp.
And it is 600D material!!! Shappell said it (300D) was a misprint!! ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3249 on: Sep 17, 2018, 01:40 PM »
How long does it take Overton's to send a tracking number or cancellation?  I ordered the Striker Predator from them the other day but if that is gonna fall thru, I wanna jump on this Shappell.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3250 on: Sep 17, 2018, 02:06 PM »
How long does it take Overton's to send a tracking number or cancellation?  I ordered the Striker Predator from them the other day but if that is gonna fall thru, I wanna jump on this Shappell.

I have had luck with both emailing them and the live chat function concerning orders or the 800 number
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3251 on: Sep 17, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Gulp! jars of minnows and other stuff are on sale for $3.89 at my local Menards stores. Is eight jars enough?
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3252 on: Sep 17, 2018, 04:10 PM »

Thanks for posting this deal! Order placed.

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3253 on: Sep 17, 2018, 04:15 PM »

I have had luck with both emailing them and the live chat function concerning orders or the 800 number

Called them they said orders will begin shipping tomorrow, they had shut down the warehouse for Hurricane Florence.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3254 on: Sep 17, 2018, 07:05 PM »

that 30 day free membership trial offer is good ONLY if you have NEVER been a member before

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3255 on: Sep 17, 2018, 07:30 PM »
For you StarTron additive users: Fleet Farm regular price - $9.99 on sale for $5.99 with a $5.00 rebate = $.99. Sale price effective 09/21 - 09/29.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #3256 on: Sep 18, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Overton's again. 

15% off orders of $100 or more.  20% of orders $200 or more.  Use code FALL20

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3257 on: Sep 18, 2018, 03:02 PM »
These aren’t on sale or anything, I’m just sharing info, but Fishusa is now selling Dakota lithium batteries. 7ah for $70 and 10ah for $100. Makes me want to upgrade a few sla’s.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline clmiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3258 on: Sep 18, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Check out www.energizedoutdoors. com for lithium batteries

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3259 on: Sep 18, 2018, 05:17 PM »
Check out www.energizedoutdoors. com for lithium batteries
Have you purchased things from these guys before? They have some pretty good prices on their website. The paint job on the tungsten doesn't look the best but you cant beat $.99 for a jig. The high density metal and getting down to fish is more important than the color anyway IMO. I was thinking about getting some 6mm and 7mm for some fall crappie action.
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3260 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:10 PM »
Have you purchased things from these guys before? They have some pretty good prices on their website. The paint job on the tungsten doesn't look the best but you cant beat $.99 for a jig. The high density metal and getting down to fish is more important than the color anyway IMO. I was thinking about getting some 6mm and 7mm for some fall crappie action.
I would hold off on ordering anything from a company that doesn't list a phone number.
<===Lefty===

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3261 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:19 PM »
I would hold off on ordering anything from a company that doesn't list a phone number.

Best of my knowledge this is legit. Matt was on here in the spring (March or so) as "energizedoutdoors" but got bounced because he was trying to push business without being a sponsor or Militia. He lives up in Hudson Wi (We corresponded a few times) and imports the jigs and batteries. I got the sense intentions were good, hope the products live up to that.

I ordered a "flight" of jigs and a couple of jig boxes. All came in "US mail" time and seemed good quality, especially the jig boxes (very nice). He even threw in a free box with a minimum level purchase. I'll call this good. Ain't got the jigs wet yet but that's a comin".  ;D I can post pics of the jigs and boxes if anyone is interested.

No, I am not affiliated in any way, shape or form with this company. Just my personal experience in my dealings.

That's what I know...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3262 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Best of my knowledge this is legit. Matt was on here in the spring (March or so) as "energizedoutdoors" but got bounced because he was trying to push business without being a sponsor or Militia. He lives up in Hudson Wi (We corresponded a few times) and imports the jigs and batteries. I got the sense intentions were good, hope the products live up to that.

That's what I know...
It's just me, I never order from a web site without calling them first just to see if I can get a real person on the phone in case of problems.
<===Lefty===

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3263 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:24 PM »

That's what I know...

I thought I remembered him too.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3264 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:50 PM »
It's just me, I never order from a web site without calling them first just to see if I can get a real person on the phone in case of problems.

That's all good lefty but really doesn't mean much if the company has customer "non-service" or doesn't stand behind their products.

I'm going through a deal with "SeaSense" right now. HQ and phone # in Urbandale, Iowa. Bought a battery tray/hold down thingy @ Fleet Farm for $11. The plastic nuts came unthreaded for the rods that were supposed to hold the battery in the tray that was screwed to the floor. Email contact evolved to phone contact due to non-service foolishness. Their solution was to throw the middleman ( Fleet Farm) under the bus and have me return it to the store for a "new" one. I'll just guess that a whole run was defective and not just the one I had so that's really not a solution. To me, the middleman should not have to bear the brunt of poor quality by the manufacturer or importer;

After a few exchanges I told "Albert" to order the replacement parts (from "overseas" because they don't stock any stateside) even though it would take (according to him) 60 - 90 days. I figured I wanted to make it as inconvenient foe them as they had for me. I really don't care about the part or when (if) it gets here. I've already made alternative adjustments in my project.

FWIW, Attwood is also on my "don't buy" list due to poor quality and customer non-service.

Sign of the times lefty. Rules of the road, keep right  ;)2.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3265 on: Sep 18, 2018, 07:24 PM »
I dunno about that either. A guy on another website came across an offer to buy 2 new perception pescador pro 10.0 for a total of $99 and free shipping. the "company" was in CA. He called the Co. and got a guy who answered the phn and sounded convincing. He placed the order. He later got a shipped confirmation but it is coming from CHINA! I told him not to hold his breath

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3266 on: Sep 18, 2018, 07:54 PM »
I have ordered stuff from China. It gets here it just takes a long long time on that boat from China.
<===Lefty===

Offline Herms

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3267 on: Sep 19, 2018, 08:23 AM »
Well good and surprising news..... I received my shipping notice from Overtons about 10 minutes ago.  Not saying they are back on my list of preferred vendors but, they did come through this time. Can't wait to try on the new pants and jacket!

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3268 on: Sep 19, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Matt at Energised Outdoors has treated me fantastic. Have ordered 250.00+ worth of his goods. Including the 20 amp hr batt and two chargers. My very first order was a little slow in coming. But was actually Post Offices fault. Emailed him about it and problem was taken care of asap. Really like the jig boxes also.

I first read about him on here. Other members will probably chime in in as I have yet to read anything negative.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3269 on: Sep 19, 2018, 07:06 PM »
I ordered from Matt in the past. When I found out about him, he was selling out so fast that I would make up an order and by the time I was ready to check out, half of my order was out of stock. I contacted him thru his site and he responded right away and explained that he was working to renew his stock and then within a week, he got back to me and told me that he was restocked and I was able to place my order.He was great to deal with. since my order was after ice out, I have not used them yet but did test them in my aquarium and they look just as good as any other jig. I did paint them with thinned epoxy due to prior experience with other brand jigs. Matt was just starting up his business last year, If I recall. Referred several people and they are all happy with the prices and quality. Several people on this site ordered as well. He has some new colors too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.