Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631908 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9930 on: Sep 20, 2017, 04:56 AM »
Morning all,

Got here to MA just in time to "welcome" Jose to the area  :%$#!: nothing but rain & wind since we got here, tho not as bad as originally forecast  :-\ still sunny & 80s back home I see  :wacko:

Eddie.....must seem nice getting 2 extra hours in the morning  ;D  we stopped at the hatchery Sunday, lots of fish up in the runway  :thumbsup: still looking pretty fresh too

WS.....sounds like not such a nice day there either  :(  hope you're able to get the job complete before mother nature shuts you down  :nono:

IFF....good job on rat patrol  :clap: maybe a job as an exterminator  :whistle: :woot:

IW....glad the vacation was a good one  :)  always a little sad to return home  :'( time to start planning the next trip  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9931 on: Sep 20, 2017, 05:25 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WW, ER's,
                          It's 58* and clear skies here on my hill, another nice day in the Adirondacks, the leaves are changing but the
                  the colors aren't so bright! ;D
                          Eddie........I didn't wet a line, I was going to invest in a surf pole and reel during the year but got sidetracked
                 with everything going on between my brother's fall and recovery and building my woodshed, maybe next year. I missed
                 out on a good day, the 1st day we were there another fisherman caught 10 stripers, a school was hanging off the beach,
                 just my luck! :blink:
                          Wally......How do you like getting the grandkids ready for school, does it bring back memories! :woot:
                          Bud........I think you'd do well at Home Depot Or Lowe's! :flex:
                          WS........Have a good day in the jungle!
                          I hope everyone has a good day either at work or at play!

IW

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9932 on: Sep 20, 2017, 06:19 AM »
WS I wish you would quit hogging all of the rain. We have not had a decent rain in months. We never got a drop out of the Texas hurricane. Every time rain is headed this way from Wisconsin it dies coming across the big lake. I tilled up a couple new food plots while I was over to the property the other day and it was powder dry. That is why we only plant rye as the chance of the expensive stuff not sprouting or burning up is too great.

I did not get the chimney job completed as I ran out of cement to fill around the thimble. I did get the hole sealed up to keep the mice out, hopefully. At coffee yesterday morning a  mason friend loaned me a tub of fire clay to fill where the thimble meets the chimney liner. I was too worn out to put that on before coming home. I have a badger hole by my burn pile that I can put the rubble in. I never knew it was there until I dropped my trailer axel in it. We had to jack the trailer up and plank the hole to get it out. I do not know how big the hole is as it is under a big wild rose bush.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9933 on: Sep 20, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Good morning early risers. Feels like it is going to be more like a July or August day then late Summer here guessing my area received increased humidity from Hurricane Jose's passing by on it's trip up the east coast. I saw on the news Puerto Rico is receiving a pounding from Hurricane Maria getting to be a costly hurricane season for the United States now with 3 storms causing damage.
Eddie thanks for the explanation on floor at side job glad to read you are almost finished with that project. Good fishing and have a safe trip to Pulaski this weekend.
Wallyworld have a good week with the grand children ,sure you will be busy between getting them ready for school and all the other activities they are into with sports,etc. .
IFF appears you are making a dent in the rat population hopefully you have taken out a few of the breeding age ones . Have you inquired at any local bait shops if they need a person to work.
Whopper Stopper have fun working in the rain may all go well for the crew and you today.
Hunts2long I've been running the air conditioners at times . If my condo is this warm during the winter I'll be walking around in shorts.
Mr.Turkey good to read you found a thimble now just have to finish the installation.

Have a safe and good day everyone.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9934 on: Sep 20, 2017, 10:11 PM »
Good evening, Went for a ride along, not my boat.  I never boated a fish, the other to did all the catching.  Couple nice ones got off before getting close enough to net them.  The one keeper sized got released.  Will take another stab in the morning.  Same crew.

Steve, the closest bait shop is full up on help. 

Jeff, both Home Depot & Lowe's that are close by have no openings.

Marv. unfortunately I let my CDL license expire years ago.  So school bus would not be an option.  I would probably make the news, for slapping the crap out of some unruly little snots. ::)

Was told by one of the managers that will be store manager at a new Sportsman Warehouse in Pueblo, he would hire me in a NY heart beat, but that's a 100 miles one way  :wacko: :blink:

Eddie I did, and the opening had been filled, at the Ace Hardware.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9935 on: Sep 21, 2017, 03:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  62* with a light breeze this morning, high of 76 predicted here today. Not seeing much for any rain with the extended forecast over the next week or so, 70's and 80's for highs.

Bud..good luck with the fishing this morning, hope today is your day for the catching!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..thanks, got a pretty good feeling I will be able to share a story or two from Pulaski...something screwey usually happens every trip up there!   ;D
  Tom..are you going to deer hunt this season with your son? Best wishes with the chimney fix.
  Jeff..same here with leaves, lots of colors showing but not the brilliant colors yet. How did your brother make out through the hurricane, hope all is well with him.
  Wally...glad you safe travels to Mass, hope you're having a great time with the grandchildren! Thanks for the info on the hatchery, looking forward to hearing the shouts of " Fish On!! "   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope your day went well yesterday, what's on the agenda for today...best of luck if its fishing!!   :thumbsup:

Yesterday must have been one of those days where the stars didn't align for me, lol. Got to my parking spot on a city street, opened the door to get my tools and cooler out, and while standing there had some moron come flying past me doing about 50 and just missed taking my door off! Guess he must have been running late and it was my fault my truck is painted black. Doubt he ever heard the curse words at that speed....maybe he saw my finger in the rear view mirror.
  Almost made it to the side job when someone else didn't think they needed to stop at a stop sign...glad my brakes were working! Almost a T-bone....yikes!  Hoping today's commute will be uneventful... ;D
  Cawfee's on....nothing under the dome this morning.
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9936 on: Sep 21, 2017, 04:46 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                   It's 62.4 here on my hill, another nice day is in the mix.
                   Eddie.......That must had you s@$&ing your pants, scary thing to have someone come that close, I've seen
          it happen but not to me!  :cookoo: My brother faired well through Irma, he lost a tree and a screen on his screened
          pool enclosure, his power was back on last Saturday. :clap:
                   Marv........Your weekend starts today, so what's going on a trip to the shack or fishing, maybe a side job! :flex:
                   Tom.........I hope the weather cooperates so you can finish that chimney! :flex:
                   Bud........Something will come your way, be patient and enjoy some more fishing.
                   I bought my hunting license yesterday and was reading the laws, I just realized that I could be out bear hunting,
          it's a little warm to harvest one so I'll wait a while to see if the temps change!
                   I hope everyone has a great Thursday either at work or out fishing or hunting if it's open in your area!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9937 on: Sep 21, 2017, 05:05 AM »
Morning all,

Another WINDY day on tap here along the eastern shores of MA   :wacko:  Can't imagine being out in hurricane winds, tough enough to walk anywhere at these tropical storm speeds. The ocean was looking mighty angry yesterday & from the sounds of things outside this morning, today will be no different.

Eddie......close calls for sure  :o  :o  glad neither turned out any worse  :clap:

IFF.....frustrating to watch those keepers do that final head shake & swim off so close to the net  :%$#!:  hope today is the day  :thumbsup:

WS....hope you managed to stay dry yesterday  ;D  how is your s-i-l's road trip coming along  ???

IW......glad your brother faired ok thru the storm  :clap:  must have been tough without power tho  :(

MrC.....never a dull moment with 3 kids running around  :blink:  thank goodness for the peace & quiet of the school day  ;)

Will be heading back to the sun & warmth of home tomorrow morning after the kids get off to school  :thumbsup:  looking like a stretch of nice weather awaits our return  :woot:  home bed is sure going to feel good  ;)2

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9938 on: Sep 21, 2017, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

A little late for me this morning, been loading the trailer.

I hear you Bud on the "unruly little snots" :%$#!: That's why I couldn't handle the job. The first time I got hit with a tomato or a baggie full of screws, I wouldn't me able to sit and count 1,2,3. I am afraid someones little darling would get an arm tore off  :woot:

Eddie, glad to hear you escaped any injuries yesterday. Unbelievable how some days every 4th person  seems to be out to get you :cookoo: Good luck fishing tomorrow Sir! Hope you have some good reports to share :thumbsup:

WW the s-i-l's trip is winding down. Today is her last day on the Oregon's Rouge River. She has been white water rafting with a company the last 4 days. I believe the trip went for 40 miles which they camped 3 nights and will wind up late this afternoon. I am waiting to hear all the details as the weather wasn't in their favor the entire trip. Next week she spends 4 days in Kalispell Montana for a work conference, then it's back to reality ;D

IW I am heading to the shack today. My brother-in-law has a tractor with a loader and a brush hog. I am going to have him widen a few trails where the brush is choking out the trail. I just didn't feel like using a chainsaw for the job. I also am going to have him use the loader to fill in a couple of culverts that need attention.

I am off so as always, Good luck if hitting the lakes :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9939 on: Sep 21, 2017, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning. Looks like a another nice day. Not looking forward to the weekend, upper 80's.
 Not a lot of bright colors on the hills. May be one of those years. A lot of leaves are falling.
Eddie, had one of those "close calls" a couple weeks ago getting off at Exit 24. There are a lot of jerks out there.
WW,  sounds like you have a good walleye chop. Enjoy your time with the kids.
Got out yesterday. Water temp is back up to about 70. Very nice day on the water. No boats, jet skis, just a couple other fishing boats. Fish hit pretty good in the late morning then shut off. Got 10, only 4 were keeper size. Didn't keep any.
Wife and I are taking a ride to Saratoga today. We stay away from there during the summer racing season.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9940 on: Sep 21, 2017, 07:43 AM »
Still no rain. Now we are headed to highs in the 90's. I will wait until it cools off before going to finish the chimney. The out side is pretty much done except to a little touch up. If it rains while am over there to finish up I will do a Happy Dance.

There are so many divers that are in such a hurry these days my defensive driving is in high gear. especially after getting hit behind the back tire by a stupid driver that never looked my way to see me coming. I saw her but the good Lord kept me from slowing down or we would have gotten t-boned and the wife may not have survived getting hit in her door.

After being over  to the other place last week end I do not think I could live over their with all the idiots headed for the sand dunes. I had a guy pushing me down the road tight on my bumper. He was pulling a big high dune truck on a trailer. If I had hit the brakes he would not have been able to keep from hitting me. I almost drove 40 miles an hour the mile and a half to the x-way to tick him off.

The leaves are starting to fall here. Not looking to all of the leaves I have to deal with. I hope the up wind neighbors new husband cleans up after their trees. Unlike her former husband that never did. For a few years I put up snow fence on the property line to keep his leaves off of our lot.

A retired friend just took a job driving school bus. The school could not get drivers for their bus so a company took over their busses. No way could I deal with the kids of today. I have not asked my friend how things are going for him.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9941 on: Sep 21, 2017, 01:59 PM »
Good day everyone, another Summer like day here in South Eastern NY. sunny skies  forecasted to hit 80 or higher.
IFF I agree with Ice Wanderer something will turn up on the job search. A 200 mile round trip to work would not appeal to me either.
Eddie glad you and your truck are alright . Have a good trip to Pulaski.
Ice Wanderer with the current weather any hunter will have to due a quick field dressing and cool down of any bear . I'm guessing "big Game archery season/muzzle loader is open for you folks in NY.'s northern hunting zone.
Wallyworld have a safe journey home sure the two of you will enjoy getting back to a less hectic daily schedule.
Whopper Stopper have fun with the trail work. Sounds like your SIL is having quite an adventure between the Oregon and Montana trips.
Hunts2long got to love those days when the lake is not over crowded. Have a good time in Saratoga.
Mr. Turkey hope things cool down as the day passes no fun being on a roof when temperature is ninety.

Have a safe and great day folks.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9942 on: Sep 21, 2017, 02:20 PM »
Marv are you aware that your Weather Underground banner is flashing "Error" ?

Outside of that I went this morning only to find the stripped kitty was still lurking there. Not one catch, nada.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9943 on: Sep 22, 2017, 04:45 AM »
Morning all,

Another WINDY, rainy day here along the coast  >:(  looks like late tomorrow before the remnants of Jose are out of here  :(  Sure will be nice to see some sunshine again later today  :thumbsup:  and did I mention my own bed tonite  ???   ;)

WS......sounds like "the season" prep is in full swing for you, won't be long now  :clap:  hope you get more time in the woods than you did on the water  ;D

IFF....so that's why we can't get that last darn varmit in a trap, he's visiting CO  :roflmao: :woot:

H2L.....water temps are still pretty warm with the summer weather finally arriving  :wacko:  can't blame the fish for being confused  :blink:

MrC....there IS no place like home  :clap: :woot:

Eddie....best of luck on the river this weekend  ;)  looking forward to your report  :)

Have a good Friday at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9944 on: Sep 22, 2017, 04:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           Happy Friday, it's 57* and clear on my hill, it seems that the morning temps are dropping but the days highs
                  are going up. 90* is in the forecast here this weekend.
                           Steve........Actually during early bear you can use a rifle here in the northern zone. :flex:
                           Marv.........I hope you can get everything you want to do at "The Shack"
                           Tom.........How are the colors out your way? Here they are very dull and I saw leaves at my #2 sons yesterday
                  had fallen and were brown a dry like a popcorn fart! ??? Also I've seen apple tree that have died or in hibernation. ???
                           Bud........Bus driving isn't for me either, I'd be up for murder if I drove a bus! LOL
                           Eddie......I today is better than the other day for you, and I hope to see some pictures of some nice Pulaski Salmon.
                           Wally.......Safe trip home today. :thumbsup:
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9945 on: Sep 22, 2017, 05:09 AM »
Good Morning Wally! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

90 degrees here today with a stiff wind :cookoo:

Bud, not sure what the deal is with the Underground Banner. Last year it went on the blink every once in a while, but it always snapped out of it. It started after the update that took place a few days ago.

Wally, safe travels heading home today. Were you able to maintain law and order on your visit ;D I bet the kids hate seeing you guys leave, especially if you did some baking while there :thumbsup:

Eddie one of the problems I am having with 3 day weeks is forgetting what day it is. I had meant to say good luck fishing tomorrow :thumbsup: Like Wally, looking forward to hearing about your trip Sir!

mr.clean, how is the house clean-out going? Any idea when you will be putting it on the market?

IW good luck if you start bear hunting if it cools down :thumbsup: I have put in for going on 8 years for a bear permit by the shack. They claim there are so many hunters that the waiting list is that backed up. With all the bears we have in our area I am getting tired of waiting :%$#!:

I am off to the gun range this morning with my .243. The range will be crazy from Sat-November rifle opener so I want to get there while I have the place to myself.

Best of luck if hitting the water :thumbsup: Stay safe no matter what's on the planner.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9946 on: Sep 22, 2017, 05:59 AM »
IW, you sure are having time problems today!! It's Friday, not Thursday!!! Welcome back from vacation!!!!  ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #9947 on: Sep 22, 2017, 06:20 AM »
OS, lmao happy Friday have a good thursday!! Must be he has crs syndrome.....happens when ur 2 days older than dirt I guess

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9948 on: Sep 22, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Good Morning ER's looking like crap today hotter than hot. Hope all have a good weekend. I might have to hibernate to stay cool. AC is a blessing in this weather.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9949 on: Sep 22, 2017, 06:35 AM »
IW, you sure are having time problems today!! It's Friday, not Thursday!!! Welcome back from vacation!!!!  ;)
             That's what being retired does, forgetting what day it is 2 minutes later! :woot:

IW

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9950 on: Sep 22, 2017, 07:27 AM »
You guys that have the CRS problem are far from being alone. I had that problem long before I retired, If I am remembering correctly. One nice thing on the computer is I can put the curser over the time and date and it will tell me what day of the week it is. The funny part is I can remember things that happened a half century ago but not what happened minutes ago.

As far as leaf color goes not much yet other than some red leaves in the sassafras and the creeping Virginia climbing the trees in the lot out back are bright red. The leaves that are falling are from the choke cherries, they are crackly dry brown. Lots more leaves to clean up to come. Some of the maples in the swamps have turned red but that is normal for them even in late August.

It looks like quite a few nasty hot and humid days to come. Looking at mid 90's today. No real cool down until the middle of next week. We had to make a trip to the city for a Drs. appointment yesterday. I could not get out of there fast enough to get away from the radiated heat from all the asphalt and concrete. WS it would be nice if you would share some of that wind but I guess not as you have not shared any of the rain. Dead calm here. ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9951 on: Sep 22, 2017, 09:20 AM »
Good morning early risers, another warm sunny day guess Summer wants to hang around for a while longer.
Whopper Stopper no idea how long the house clean out will take going to due some more later today .
Wallyworld I agree always nice to be back in familiar surroundings.
Ice Wanderer never got into hunting only know here in the Southern zone for big game you have early archery, riffle, then late archery/muzzle loader/shotgun.
Old Goat ,Mealworm good to see you back posting.
Mr. Turkey not much leaf color change here either think most of the change is due to dry weather.

Have a good day folks.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9952 on: Sep 22, 2017, 09:31 AM »
Is it really Friday ?  Seems like it was just a couple days ago.  Passed on going fishing this morning, supposed to be real windy, looking out not, seeing a leaf or branch moving.  Oh well that means the skunk gets a day of rest.  ::) :whistle:

This weekend my home lake/state park has a exposition scheduled and the forecast is for rain all weekend.  Expecting high of 81* today, and 63* Saturday, followed by 52* Sunday and Monday.  A side note is we have not had any rain for something like 38 days straight. 

Tom whats it called ?  I was going to remind Marv of something  :unsure: Or maybe it was Jeff  :unsure: Well at least it will give me something to think about.

Now I am thinking I better get some yard cleanup done, and did Mindy ever get her remodel done ? And what surprises will the news have this morning.

Good Day all.

Bud

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9953 on: Sep 22, 2017, 12:58 PM »
Well, it must be getting closer to the ice fishing season.  Checked back on line around lunch today and there must be about 10 new posts.  Been logging in most of the summer, and can tell that most are off doing other things.  Welcome back everyone - its been a long time since the ice!  Glad to see all the topics. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9954 on: Sep 23, 2017, 03:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and clear 59* on the Hill this am, high of 80 expected here today. We had a 4 am start again yesterday morning, just fell short on time to post, it's been a long week!
  Hope to be on the road NW bound to Pulaski by mid morning, get the whole afternoon in fishing and head back tomorrow around noon. Will be making a solo trip, unfortunately my sons have to work all weekend.

Welcome to the 9:45 cwavs1982! More and more posts everyday now... :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had a great time with the grandchildren and safe travels home!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..glad to hear you're going to get a little rain anyway, it's got to be pretty dry after 38 days without it. Enjoy the expo if that's on your agenda today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..I'm sure that's a difficult/bittersweet task having to clean out the house mostly by yourself. Slow and steady wins the race they say...best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...mid 90's yesterday...wow, too hot!! Know exactly what you mean by getting out of the concrete and blacktop jungles of the City...brutal on 90* plus days.
  Marv...hope your rifle zeroed in without too much difficulty yesterday! I'll try to send you some photos off my not so smart phone...always something crazy going on up there...lol.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...had a good day yesterday, no vehicle issues to speak of anyway!   ;D. Have you filled up that wood shed yet?

Might see the 500th page of the 9:45 hit today...amazing!!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Well, I guess I should get some things ready while I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed..cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9955 on: Sep 23, 2017, 03:53 AM »
Eddie, I'll make a start towards the 500th page!!! What a thread this is!! It's an honor to be part of the Shanty family!!! Everyone have a good day at whatever is your choosing! Today is my 'Friday' then my weekend starts!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9956 on: Sep 23, 2017, 04:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, OS, ER's,
                           It's 55* and clear here on my hill this morning a great day is ahead! :clap:
                           Eddie........Have a good trip north to Pulaski, remember to take some pics, are you fishing the river? My woodshed
                  only has 1.5 cords in it, I'm supposed to get some delivered today.  :unsure:
                          Welcome to the morning addiction cwavs1982! :bow:
                          OS.........Now I'm confused I said it was Friday at the beginning of my post yesterday and then at the end I said
                  it was Thursday, and I caught grief from it from MW and now you say today is your Friday, I'm so confused.  :blink:LOL
                  I know it's Sursday.  :roflmao:
                          The Adirondack Balloon Festival started on Thursday, so I'm taking my wife, who has never up close to a hot air
                 balloon, this evening to watch them take off then after dark they do a moon glow Where they light heat up the bolloons
                 and don't fly but the sight is unbelievable, I take some pictures!
                          I hope everyone has a good SATURDAY either at work or out wetting a line!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9957 on: Sep 23, 2017, 05:13 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Eddie, no was not planning on taking in the expo.  But might stop in on my way back from a Sportsman Warehouse.  Its located up near, where one of the Gander Mountain stores I was helping close last January.  See they have some openings.  One being Fishing Department Manager.  Will see if the Contact person is in today.
I did the online application, and see I got a no-reply email back saying it was received.  Come to find out my Store manager is Starting at Cabela's, will be high up the chain of command.  Push comes to shove.  He tells me once he gets his boots on the floor, would keep me in mind for joining him as a team member.  That is also a new store, opened just over a year ago.  At least I think that is the one he will be at. Anyway tells me he will be over Hunting, Fishing, and one other department.

Putting more coffee on, and taking trip down the hall and see what OldSailor left in the other thread  ;D

I was going to ask Jeff how the wood gathering was going and see he just slipped in the side door.  The ballon's might be quite a sight.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9958 on: Sep 23, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....enjoy the balloon fest  :)  we went last year but it was too windy for take off so we just got to watch people flying their kites  :-\

IFF.....sounds like that part time job is just a waiting game now  ;)

Eddie......great weekend to be on the river, sunny & hot  :clap:  good luck

OS.....enjoy your weekend sir  :)

WS....hope the range was a ghost town yesterday  ;)  how did the "road" work go at the shack  ???

It's good to be home again  :clap:  Taking the bike on a benefit ride today, looks like a perfect day for it  @)

Have a great day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9959 on: Sep 23, 2017, 06:30 AM »
Good Morning. 46 degrees this morning but it is going to warm up. Mid 80's. Welcome Fall.
My daughter is moving into HER first home today. She has had stuff stored in my garage so I am taking that down to her place.
WW, it is always nice to get back home. Glad you had fun and be safe on your ride today.
Eddie, good luck.
Couldn't fine the walleyes yesterday. Got 2 in 4 hours. Picked the wife up at the launch and went for a boat ride. The first time she has been in a boat in at least 10 years.
Well have to load up the truck before it gets HOT....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.