Author Topic: Strikemaster 50 volt lazer auger  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Baberuth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Love fishing
Strikemaster 50 volt lazer auger
« on: Dec 05, 2014, 07:28 AM »
Claims will cut 56 holes in 2 ft. of ice on one charge.  $599

Anyone know about these from experience?
Looking for another auger. I also am considering the propane auger. Thanks for any feedback.

Baberuth
We let the fish go and my Dad told me I had a wish. I wished the fish would live.

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Strikemaster 50 volt lazer auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2014, 09:04 AM »
Seeing that this is a new release and it being so early in the ice season, it may be hard to find many reviews on it at this time. I have an Ion and am very happy with it. The new strikemasters, hopefully, will give their buyers the same satisfaction. Kind of pricey but if I wanted electric again, i'd give it a try.

Offline th30dd7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:31 PM »
I love mine. Cuts smooth, has plenty of torque, the battery lasts. I cut over 40 holes in 8" of ice and the battery indicator still showed full. I also left it outside on the ice and the battery still worked great.

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:53 PM »
Sometimes ya gotta push the sheep through the fence

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2014, 04:52 PM »
That's why I would get the volt with the alligator clips.  You can use your own battery.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2014, 04:58 PM »
On second thought, get the SM Electra.  The battery for that is on sale at Cabelas for $19.99.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2014, 03:15 PM »
the torque on the lithium lazer is impressive. I bet it turns 2 to 1 over the ion. the gear box is the same as their other augers and the fact that they come with Swedish blades is nice. Downsides weight heavier than the ion by a couple lbs. just weighed one in the shop at 25 lbs on a digital scale. I do still like the ion myself just wish they would get Swedish blades. Ion feels better in my hands and I know from experience I can drill a hole with 1 hand with an ion. don't think I can do that with any other auger

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2014, 04:26 PM »
I believe the Electra Lazer and Big Volt use the same gear box and the same lazer drill.  The big volt May use a dual chipper.  If I decide to go electric, I'm going with the Electra.  I'm sure the lithium has way more torque, but it's not worth $250 a battery for me.

Offline OIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2014, 06:26 AM »
I got a chance to cut with the 50volt prototype last year. Here are my thoughts

1. Cuts good
2. RPM are a bit low you want high RPM when using electric augers
3. Way to heavy for me.
4 Way to loud sounds like a coffer grind from hell.(the one I turned on, on the floor at a local store was just has loud)
5. Wish they would have used the hand auger shaft size like the ION.

With that said I would buy the ION over this auger the small speed improvement can not over come the other issues with it for me.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2014, 07:45 AM »
I agree oim the ion is still the only electric I would purchase myself. The Electra and big volt just don't have the power and the 12 volt just doesn't have the longevity on the ice. I have seen guys with them and It seems I can cut through the ice easier with my 8 in fin bor than then can fighting their auger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.