Author Topic: Berkley's Power egg  (Read 379 times)

Offline Guy Lafreniere

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Today is very cold, i'm not working...i'm fishing
Berkley's Power egg
« on: Feb 14, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Hi,
Is anyone try Berkley's Power Egg for trout under the ice? I read a few comments on this product, but not under the ice. Should be a great product for Rainbows, i used to fish with worm and dead smelt but something new, why not!
 :tipup:
tanks

Guy
Guy Lafreniere
Jack Traps Prostaff Quebec ice fishing team
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/72dde9644a8e4cec42262398f/images/jack_traps_j1.jpg

Offline 33Canuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Berkley's Power egg
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2011, 01:15 PM »
I ran the reall macoy on a couple sets this weekend with no action but that doesn't mean it won't work.
The Green Hornet Does it again!
[img width=174 height=80]

Offline 1lurker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2011, 02:04 PM »
They work miracles in rivers and on soft water, but I have never tried them through the ice. The gulp eggs are just a little better in my opinion, but still never tried them under the ice.

Offline SilverCityJiggerNut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • PBs: 4.02 LM,3.15 PICK,1.02 YP
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2011, 02:34 PM »
I prefer the GULP product myself......the eggs are a good producer and the small jar has close to 50 eggs in it.  I have also heard alot of guys using the GULP roe saks......not sure how many come to a jar since i can't find any.  Not sure if thats the tip off or not.  Like any day some will outfish the other.  When trout fishing its better to have the lot with you....spikes, GULP baits, waxies and sometimes even the good'ol nightcrawler.  Trout will "key" in on one food source over the other alot.  The best bet is to ice the first keeper and play doctor to see whats on the menue for the day........"match the hatch"!!!!!!
It's your story...............TE LL IT!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.